Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (31 Viewers)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Watched The Hobbit.. I did not expect it to be that funny,it was very entertaining indeed.
As long as you dont come in expecting it to be like LOTR then you would enjoy it.
Martin Freeman is excellent! That Riddle in the dark scene is gold!

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Watched The Hobbit.. I did not expect it to be that funny,it was very entertaining indeed.
As long as you dont come in expecting it to be like LOTR then you would enjoy it.
It's a shame I was hoping it to be LOTR-esque, I read the book a while ago, loved it, but I don't know if I'll dig it too much. Will check out this Thursday.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It's a shame I was hoping it to be LOTR-esque, I read the book a while ago, loved it, but I don't know if I'll dig it too much. Will check out this Thursday.
I thought it was very LOTR-eqsue. It was similar to Fellowship in many ways (I won't spoil how). As far as I'm concerned, The Hobbit was pretty much LOTR light. More humour, lighter tone and not so much at stake. Sadly, the characters weren't as interesting as the LOTR characters: The dwarfs are too many and too similar and generally not that funny. Making a 2 hours and 40 minutes movie is one thing, but when you do it you have got to have some character development or at least some more storyline. Bilbo was interesting, and his scenes with Gollum were great, but other than that the film turned out to be too much unnecessary action and not enough focus on story and character.
This is what I thought the movie did wrong, I did enjoy it overall, but I expected a whole lot more. :)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I didn't really like the book, but it did seem like a book that would make a good movie. Making three out of that content? It'd take a miracle to pull that off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)