Most under appreciated all-time Juve 11 (2 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
ZhiXin said:
Maybe you think he is average, but I think he is good, but you can say his injury wrecked him. I think that Tudor is very overrated in Croatia but no1 knows who he is outside his homeland. Wouldn't rate him as a word class defender, but definitely will come in handy, especially in terms of goals and such. You never know one day when he will be back. If he is back on form he will be a good defender. Much more realiable compared to Legro.

And I agree with you, Appiah is underappreciated all right, you can use your Fenerbahce argument to prove it.

Same goes for Birindelli.

Actually, Igor Tudor was on the right way to become a world-class defender in 2000 or 2001, but then got badly injured and missed one whole season or even two not to mention World Cup 2002 with Croatia.

I think that injury destroyed his form and confidence, he never got really recovered.

He is simply the type of player that are very injury prone and injuries destroy their (in the begging) bright looking futures.

For example, take Van Basten, if he hadnt got all that injuries, he would be the Best Attacker in the History of Football!

Igor Tudor (born April 16, 1978 in Split) is a football (soccer) defender who currently plays for Juventus of Italian Serie B. He is a regular in the Croatian national team.

Tudor started his professional career at Hajduk Split in 1995. After three seasons in Hajduk, he was acquired by Juventus in 1998. He would spend six full seasons in Juve before he went on loan to Siena in January 2005. Following Juventus' relegation to Serie B and expiration of his loan contract with Siena, Tudor returned to Juventus for whom he will be playing in 2006./07. season. His contract with Juventus expires in 30 June, 2007.

Tudor was part of the Croatian squad at the 1998 FIFA World Cup but missed the 2002 FIFA World Cup with injury. Tudor won the Croatia's Player of the Year Award in 2002. [1] He played for his country at Euro 2004, though unfortunately scored an own goal.

In late August 2005 Tudor turned down a move to Bolton Wanderers in the English Premiership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Tudor

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There were different times back then,
at times football players wherent more apreciated lets say... than doctors...

things have changed for everybody.

IMO the most under appreciated players are and were most of the times the defenders, they get less money, less fame, they work more and harder, they have to work in a certain way, they are no free no choose their way, there are some certain level of quality they have to reach as athlets that attackers like Inzaghi will never touch,
for the modern times unsung heroes:
Pessotto, Di Livio, Ferrara, Montero, Tacchi, Deshamps, Biri, Tudor and the like...
and just because they played for Juve they couldnt proove their true value,
we have been acustomed with the best defenders of the world far to often,
time will come and we will appreciate such players more...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
mark83 said:

How old are you, man? :D
Hehe. Same as you, man! And I started following Juventus in the early and mid nineties, as most people on here did. But I've always been very interested in our history and I happen to own a few vhs tapes and dvd's of games we played during the 80's, and I just think there are a lot of players from this generation who deserve much praise. And how about that BONIEK. Amazing player. For us and for Poland.

By the way, if anyone here is in the possession of our games vs Bordeaux from 1985 (3-0,0-2) on either vhs or dvd please contact me as you would be in a position to make some cash :smoke:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Tudor is a very good utility player who always does a good job and has scored crucial goals for Juve...recap the 3rd goal against depor in 2003...and I agree Appiah should have been given more time...he could have done very well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)