Most Naturally Gifted Italian Player (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am very curious to know whom you guys think is the most naturally gifted Italian player you have ever seen, in all your time of watching Italian football

When i say naturally gifted, I do not mean the best as sometimes the best players are not always the most gifted ones so I will be surprised to see the names of inzaghi, Vialli, Conte, cannavaro being bandied on here

It could be Mancini, wonderfully gifted player with the flair for flicks and a wonderful vision

It could be the very gifted and volatile Paolo Di canio

Or Maybe Zola, what about Morfeo or carbone, players who might never have reached the top but its certainly not because of their talent, more of their attitude and temperament

It could be Cassano or love him or hate him Totti probably the best at giving the one time pass in Italy and probably the world today as his vision is first class

It could be Del Piero with his wonderful feet and i for one think never fulfilled his real potential as he was dynamite when i first saw him , still has had a brilliant career , let down by his weakness in big games and probably lack of self confidence as surely he would have been challenging as one of Italy's all time greats

Or is it Roberto Baggio whose greatest asset as far as i am is as far as i amconcerned is his inner belief as far as i am concerned though a wonderfully gifted player, is not what seperates him for the rest as imo they were more gifted players, but Baggio has unbeleivable mental strength and allied to his ability makes him the best Italian player of his generation and probably of all time, but I am not asking for the best but the most naturally gifted

It could be the prince, Giannini, Conti or even Antognioni or a lot players who just showed fleeting glimpses of their undoubted talents

For our colleagues whose knowledge transcends beyond the 80's, pleaselet me know of the talents of Rivera, Riva et al

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Paolo Rossi. He played for Gli Azzurri from 1977 (or 78, not exactly sure) until 1986 and he deserves this title if you ask me! 20 superb goals in just 48 matches is quite something. Though I have never seen him play live, what I saw on tape really impressed me!

From the players still walking around on the pitch today I would have to say Roberto Baggio. For his inner belief as you said, dennis but also for his skills and his ability to lead a team and raise the entire team's play to a higher level. This man has something that frightens opponents...!

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Boniperti
    I would like to know more about him and probably see him play as i have never done so:cool:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Pirlo, you think? He's talented alright, but I wouldn't mark him as the most naturally gifted player. Not know when Milan is using him for a different positon than a place where he could make it big :wallbang:

++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    From the players still walking around on the pitch today I would have to say Roberto Baggio . For his inner belief as you said, dennis but also for his skills and his ability to lead a team and raise the entire team's play to a higher level. This man has something that frightens opponents...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)