More players for next season . (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

May 11, 2006
and ahmed:

Camo will regain his form. So will Trez. Have more faith in your players. We as fans seem to always demand loyalty from our players, yet at the slightest drop of form from them we tend to slaughter them with our words. Are they not playing as well as they should? yes. Do they seem not motivated? yes. But remember they were forced to stay in the club. Once we're back in Serie A and the managemnt does actually tries to convince them that they do plan on making Juve a wining team again I'm sure they can change their minds. These players have stayed many years with us. this is their home and they know it. they are rational people and i'm sure they can be convinced that staying here is to the best of their interests.
I agree, although it still shows some indications of what persons we are dealing with. If you really love somebody, you stay with that person through the good and bad times. Call me a naive but I dream of 11 players on the field who feel as passionate about Juve as we do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Okay, they're good backups but to whom. I can't think that a youngster, whoever he is, like Criscito can play as a starter in such an age and to a team like Juventus. Thus, I do prefer signing two defenders.

Regarding Marchisio, all these are just predictions and hopes, we need something on the land of reality, experienced players to teach players like Marchisio.

Really, that's good news.

Again, that's another good news. But, how can Trezeguet benefit us and he stated three times that he wants to leave and just one time that he'd stay?

Also, Miccoli isn't a striker, he is a second striker, I mean he can't replace Trezeguet if the latter decides to leave.
Great post Ahmed, agree totally. How anyone thinks that Micoli should be back in Juve is crazy, have people seen the comments he's made about Juve, esp when he was in Fiorentina? Don't want him back at all.

Ahmed your posts are tight...keep it up..
:agree:

Criscito will (at least should) be a backup. Balzaretti is a Backup. Palladino shows good promise, but should be loaned out next season. Same with Marchisio. Paro is a backup as well, but could earn some decent playing time throughout next season. I have faith in Paro. He looks good, but is just a bit away. Regardless, we need to bring in some of the big Italian names that will be available.
:agree: Would expect us to sign players of high enough quality that Paro & Balza are backups.

I´d pick quality over nationality anyday of the week.
Its about balance, we need that "world class" quality you hear so much about, but we need Italian players too, its that deep love of the club, the understanding of the league that gives us the famous Juventus spirit, & never has la vecchia signora been in more need of it than this season. The large number of Italian players in our starting XI this season is one of the main factors in our sucsess. Most of our mistakes, & losses have been due to the form of foreign players, Boumsong, Zebina etc.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Its about balance, we need that "world class" quality you hear so much about, but we need Italian players too, its that deep love of the club, the understanding of the league that gives us the famous Juventus spirit, & never has la vecchia signora been in more need of it than this season. The large number of Italian players in our starting XI this season is one of the main factors in our sucsess. Most of our mistakes, & losses have been due to the form of foreign players, Boumsong, Zebina etc.
Exactly.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
It is great to talk about who to bring in next year. But, no one really knows how much these players will cost and which players are leaving. Nor do we know what is going to happen with our players on loan. I wish I knew the prices of the players that will be available on the transfer market. And, I wish I knew how much money Juventus have to work with.

For instance, I had no idea that Dainelli was going to be a free transfer. I think that makes his acquisition a no-brainer. How much will the following players cost us:

BARZAGLI
SAMUEL
HEINZE
CANNAVARO
LUCIO
LUISAO
PEPE
CACERES
FATY
ZAMBROTTA

M. DIARRA
A. DIARRA
SISSOKO
MAVUBA
MASCHERANO
GILBERTO
EMERSON
DIEGO
VAN DER VAART
MUNTARI
OBODO
MARESCA

RIBERY
LJUNBERG
QUARESMA
ESPOSITO
ROBINHO

CASSANO
SUAZO
TEVEZ
BOJINOV (BUY OUT)
SAVIOLA

TONI
AMAURI
BIANCHI
KLOSE
HUNTLAAR
PIZARRO
GILARDINO
KANOUTE
ZIGIC
GOMES

Then how much could we get for the sales or loans of:

TUDOR
LEGROTTAGLIE
PICCOLO
BIRINDELLI
ZEBINA
TACCHINARDI
GIANNICHEDDA
NOCERINO
MARCHISIO
URBANO
BELARDI
DE CEGLIE
OLIVEIRA
KAPO
CHIUMIENTO
SCULLI
GUZMAN
MICCOLI
PALLADINO
BOJINOV
VOLPATO
TREZEGUET
CAMORANESI
BONEFOI
BARTOLUCCI
BLASI
ROSSI
GASBARRONI
PAOLUCCI
MARCHIONNI
BOUMSONG

There is a lot to take into account. It really comes down to how much money we have to work with. Who we loan and/or sell. And then what we do from there. My ideal Juventus Squad for next season is probably incredibly unrealistic. So, post to post there are small changes here and there. But, until we truly know the monetary values associated with these players, we really have no idea what to expect.

Anyone have some insight on how much money is associated with the afore mentioned players? Any players I left out?
Anyone know the prices on these players?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@Ahmedios in terms of what i see in Samuel.

At Boca he was a star, joined Roma and become one of the best centre backs onthe planet.

He made a bad choice in moving to Real and then joined the Real of Italy, that being Inter where players underperform.

Let's look at Cannavaro now. At Napoli he was a star, joined Parma and become one of the worlds best central defenders. He then joined inter where he didnt perform well, but joined Juve where he got back to his best. Now he has joined Real and is underperforming...

the moral of my story is that Samuel could very well regain his form at Juve. Players find their feet at juve and always seem to get back to their best.

Overall, Samuel is a world class central defender...we would be stupid not to get him.
I didn't watch Samuel when he was at Boca to judge. But I've watched him since his days at Roma and here is what I do think about him; he was average at Roma, sometimes, he was above average and this wasn't related to him but I said it and I'll always say it, thanks to Capello's defensive sterile tactics and the great defenders, who were happened to play for Roma at that time, which might puzzle some people considering Samuel was a great defender one day. (No offence here)

Moreover, he was far below par at Real as we all know. At Inter, he is a bench-warmer. Of course, the reasons behind that are pretty clear.

For a player to play just one or two good seasons in his career, this shouldn't make us say that he is a good defender and he is now suffering to return to his form. The opposite is true and makes sense too, he's an average player or below but his Roma's days were his best days.

Regarding Cannavaro's, this is completely an opposite saga. Cannavaro has been superb during his entire career bar Inter's two seasons and these days of Real Madrid. I think Cannavaro is 33 now, hence, for him to play just two bad seasons, this isn't a big issue and can't make us compare him to Samuel, who have just two good seasons in his CV.

Samuel is a must buy.
Sod off. :p

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
and ahmed:

Camo will regain his form. So will Trez. Have more faith in your players. We as fans seem to always demand loyalty from our players, yet at the slightest drop of form from them we tend to slaughter them with our words. Are they not playing as well as they should? yes. Do they seem not motivated? yes. But remember they were forced to stay in the club. Once we're back in Serie A and the managemnt does actually tries to convince them that they do plan on making Juve a wining team again I'm sure they can change their minds. These players have stayed many years with us. this is their home and they know it. they are rational people and i'm sure they can be convinced that staying here is to the best of their interests.
Actually, you seem very sure that both Trezeguet and Camoranesi will gain their best form when we get back to Serie A. I don't know on what basis you built your high confidence in that, but there is no problem, this isn't the point now.

I have faith in all our players, even though, players like Trezeguet and Camoranesi are exceptions, at least in my opinion. If any of Nedved, Trezeguet or Buffon, for example, plays a bad season, I'm not going to slaughter him, why? These three have shown respect, commitment and discipline directly after our demotion.

Whereas, players like Trezeguet and Camoranesi have been threatening the club that they shouldn't have been forced to stay and it was a howler from the management to do so, after every single goal scored from the former or after a rare correct pass from the latter. Even though, this doesn't deny the fact that both of them has served the club for years and they deserve our respect, without a doubt.

Pardon me, who have to change their minds? Mate, you are talking about Juventus. We mustn't beg any player over the face of the earth to join us or to beg him to play for us after those bad days that he suffered in the club and finally we are sorry for putting him in such a miserable situation, absolutely NOT.

We are Juventus and if any player, whoever he is, doesn't know the honorable history of that great place, that his amazing destiny has put him in, so that player doesn't deserve even his name to be mentioned. (I'm talking generally)

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
i havent been following this thread all the time but just to throw another name into the frey
how about arjen robben??apparently hes not very happy at chelsea
hes young,fast,technically gifted,can play on both wings
downside is that hes a bit injury prone

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i havent been following this thread all the time but just to throw another name into the frey

i really rate Robben and IMO he is being wasted at Chelsea. Apparently, Barca are after him for £16m. He has what Juve need, pace, technique and a good crosser.

however, his attitude does stink at times and he is a huge diver which anoys me

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Robben would choose Barcelona or some other club over Juventus, so there's really no need to talk about him. And in actuality the style of play in Spain would suit him far better than Serie A.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
In fact, Robben is one of the most highly rated European talents. Yes, he is unhappy at Chelsea and he may considers leaving them at the summer, but I don't think that his transfer to Delle Alpi will take place. As, he is expensive and I heard that Bayern Munich have already offered Chelsea £15m to sign him.

Considering how much he'll be useful and creative for us, I'll buy him without hesitation, but I hate his diving antics, still his injuries are a problem and I feel that he'll prefer leaving to Spain rather than to Italy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Huntelaar was amazing this weekend. I still believe we should try to sign the kid as he's certainly the most promising striker in the world at the moment. His eye for goal reminds me very much of Trezeguet and Van Nistelrooy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)