More players for next season . (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
@Lion, with all due respect to your team, but it lacks a lot.

And here is what I think about it:

1) Grygera is better as a right back, he can play as a centre defender though.

2) Even if I agree with you that we're going to depend on him as a centre back, we still need, at least, one centre defender as a backup plus Criscito plus the defender whom you already said that we have to buy. As you know that both Legrottaglie and Tudor will be sold in the summer and I hope Zebina will leave as well.

3) Regarding our midfield, I agree with about buying a new centre midfielder but why did you ignore the centre midfielders who have to compensate for the Zanetti or the other centre midfielder's absence? As you know that Zanetti is injury prone, Giannichedda will leave, Marchisio is still young and needs at least two years and finally Paro hasn't been convincing so far, in my opinion.

4) I'm not going to comment about Camoranesi, since I think that his presence in the team is against his will and against the team itself, due to lots of reasons including his performance so far this season. Anyways, Salihamdizic will most probably replace him in the next season or Marchionni will.

5) With the departure of Bojinov, Tezeguet bad form which has been so obvious since the last season, Palladino is a second striker not a striker and with Zalayeta becoming a bench-warmer, do you still think that we are in no need of another attacker? In my opinion, we are in an urgent need to sign two strikers even if Trezeguet doesn't leave.

6) You didn't mention exactly who are the players whom we should bring back from loan. And if you think that they will be effective, why didn't you place at least one of them in your starting linup?
2- Kovac, Boumsong and/or Piccolo are good enough as back ups.
3-you don't know if Marchisio will be ready in 2 years. He could be the next Fabregas and could end up expolding on the scene next season. Same thing with Paro and with Tacchi back + Brazzo's veritality, we'll hvae a good enough squad.

4- Camo will be fine next season.

5- Trez will regain his for. Buy Bojinov if possible, and if not then bring back Miccoli or use Paolucci

6- bring back Kapo, Miccoli, Tacchi, Paloucci and maybe Olivera. THe reason I did not place them in the first team is becasue they are squad players. THey are not meant for adding muscle to the club, but rather adding depth and more options. In short they are squad players. Kapo and Miccoli though I fell have great chances of being atleast regulars in the line up.

We only have Serie A as our only real competition. With No Europe it means less pressure, less exhaustion for our players and more ability to focus. Thus we don't need many players. the cup competition will be used to give our subs and youth players chances to play.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
2- Kovac, Boumsong and/or Piccolo are good enough as back ups.
3-you don't know if Marchisio will be ready in 2 years. He could be the next Fabregas and could end up expolding on the scene next season. Same thing with Paro and with Tacchi back + Brazzo's veritality, we'll hvae a good enough squad.
Okay, they're good backups but to whom. I can't think that a youngster, whoever he is, like Criscito can play as a starter in such an age and to a team like Juventus. Thus, I do prefer signing two defenders; Dainelli for free and another world class defender, that would be much better.

Regarding Marchisio, all these are just predictions and hopes, we need something on the land of reality, experienced players to teach players like Marchisio.

By the way, are you sure that Piccolo can even play for Juve? Did you watch him?

4- Camo will be fine next season.
Really, that's good news.

5- Trez will regain his for. Buy Bojinov if possible, and if not then bring back Miccoli or use Paolucci
Again, that's another good news. But, how can Trezeguet benefit us and he stated three times that he wants to leave and just one time that he'd stay?

Also, Miccoli isn't a striker, he is a second striker, I mean he can't replace Trezeguet if the latter decides to leave.

About Paulocci, I haven't watched him to give a fair opinion, in fact. And I still have the same view, we do need two strikers, even if we get Miccoli back, Toni/Klose and Pizzaro/Bianchi.

6- bring back Kapo, Miccoli, Tacchi, Paloucci and maybe Olivera. THe reason I did not place them in the first team is becasue they are squad players. THey are not meant for adding muscle to the club, but rather adding depth and more options. In short they are squad players. Kapo and Miccoli though I fell have great chances of being atleast regulars in the line up.
Miccoli and Tacchinardi, maybe or maybe not. Kapo is less than average and Olivera's presence in Turin was a howler. Certainly, he is one of the worst players I've ever seen. Plus, he said that he didn't want to play in a competition like Serie B. Okay, every player is free to say what he wants to say, but he must know who he is and whom he is talking about, that scum.

We only have Serie A as our only real competition. With No Europe it means less pressure, less exhaustion for our players and more ability to focus. Thus we don't need many players. the cup competition will be used to give our subs and youth players chances to play.
Still we have to build the squad. Serie A isn't that easy competition. And with only three new players in addition to a few players coming back from loan to the current squad, we can just compete Lazio for the fifth place at the maximum.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
@Ahmedios in terms of what i see in Samuel.

At Boca he was a star, joined Roma and become one of the best centre backs onthe planet.

He made a bad choice in moving to Real and then joined the Real of Italy, that being Inter where players underperform.

Let's look at Cannavaro now. At Napoli he was a star, joined Parma and become one of the worlds best central defenders. He then joined inter where he didnt perform well, but joined Juve where he got back to his best. Now he has joined Real and is underperforming...

the moral of my story is that Samuel could very well regain his form at Juve. Players find their feet at juve and always seem to get back to their best.

Overall, Samuel is a world class central defender...we would be stupid not to get him.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
It is great to talk about who to bring in next year. But, no one really knows how much these players will cost and which players are leaving. Nor do we know what is going to happen with our players on loan. I wish I knew the prices of the players that will be available on the transfer market. And, I wish I knew how much money Juventus have to work with.

For instance, I had no idea that Dainelli was going to be a free transfer. I think that makes his acquisition a no-brainer. How much will the following players cost us:

BARZAGLI
SAMUEL
HEINZE
CANNAVARO
LUCIO
LUISAO
PEPE
CACERES
FATY
ZAMBROTTA

M. DIARRA
A. DIARRA
SISSOKO
MAVUBA
MASCHERANO
GILBERTO
EMERSON
DIEGO
VAN DER VAART
MUNTARI
OBODO
MARESCA

RIBERY
LJUNBERG
QUARESMA
ESPOSITO
ROBINHO

CASSANO
SUAZO
TEVEZ
BOJINOV (BUY OUT)
SAVIOLA

TONI
AMAURI
BIANCHI
KLOSE
HUNTLAAR
PIZARRO
GILARDINO
KANOUTE
ZIGIC
GOMES

Then how much could we get for the sales or loans of:

TUDOR
LEGROTTAGLIE
PICCOLO
BIRINDELLI
ZEBINA
TACCHINARDI
GIANNICHEDDA
NOCERINO
MARCHISIO
URBANO
BELARDI
DE CEGLIE
OLIVEIRA
KAPO
CHIUMIENTO
SCULLI
GUZMAN
MICCOLI
PALLADINO
BOJINOV
VOLPATO
TREZEGUET
CAMORANESI
BONEFOI
BARTOLUCCI
BLASI
ROSSI
GASBARRONI
PAOLUCCI
MARCHIONNI
BOUMSONG

There is a lot to take into account. It really comes down to how much money we have to work with. Who we loan and/or sell. And then what we do from there. My ideal Juventus Squad for next season is probably incredibly unrealistic. So, post to post there are small changes here and there. But, until we truly know the monetary values associated with these players, we really have no idea what to expect.

Anyone have some insight on how much money is associated with the afore mentioned players? Any players I left out?

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I understand that there aren't alot of Italians in here. But, it is important to me, who is Italian-American, that the team I feel represents Italy, actually signs Italian players. Inter Milan is a disgrace to Calcio. I would hate to see our team turn into a hot-headed South American side. I don't mind bringing in a few foreigners, but a team like Juventus should have a majority of Italian Starters. Camo will leave next year. So will Giannichedda. As far as starting Italians go for next year, we will be looking at: BUFFON, CHIELLINI, ZANETTI, DEL PIERO. FOUR. This is not acceptable to me. Especially in defense.

I wish to see at least 6 Italians in the starting lineup next year and there is certainly no shortage of talent in Italy. I would hate to see the top Serie A teams all start looking like Premiership Teams and therefore watering down our National Squad in the process. Pick the truly WC foreigners only. Otherwise, there is no need.

Jul 28, 2002
Indeed we do need to ensure more Italians are signed up as its of great value to a clubs prestige and support that we have Italians forming the core of the team, botht for us and the Azzurri.

However we do have the young Italian talent in Cristico, Balza, Palla, Paro, Marchio.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Indeed we do need to ensure more Italians are signed up as its of great value to a clubs prestige and support that we have Italians forming the core of the team, botht for us and the Azzurri.

However we do have the young Italian talent in Cristico, Balza, Palla, Paro, Marchio.
Criscito will (at least should) be a backup. Balzaretti is a Backup. Palladino shows good promise, but should be loaned out next season. Same with Marchisio. Paro is a backup as well, but could earn some decent playing time throughout next season. I have faith in Paro. He looks good, but is just a bit away. Regardless, we need to bring in some of the big Italian names that will be available.

Jul 28, 2002
Paro doesnt look as good as people on this form make him out to be.

Balza plays more games than a back would.

Palla shouldnt be loaned as he will never come back imho.

Marchisio should to get him some experience as that he hasnt had yet.

Marchionni will play more the fitter he gets.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I agree with that. Except I do think Paro will bloom. My guess is two or three years. The Palladino point I agree with too, but I just don't think he will get playing time if he stays here next season.

Jul 28, 2002
I agree with that. Except I do think Paro will bloom. My guess is two or three years. The Palladino point I agree with too, but I just don't think he will get playing time if he stays here next season.
I think he will, DP will not last forever, Trez is a wall, Zala/Boji will not be here, i think Palla will be the third/fourth striker next season, getting even more playing time.

Im not yet to be conviced that Paro is world class material. He is however a good squad player.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I understand that there aren't alot of Italians in here. But, it is important to me, who is Italian-American, that the team I feel represents Italy, actually signs Italian players. Inter Milan is a disgrace to Calcio. I would hate to see our team turn into a hot-headed South American side. I don't mind bringing in a few foreigners, but a team like Juventus should have a majority of Italian Starters. Camo will leave next year. So will Giannichedda. As far as starting Italians go for next year, we will be looking at: BUFFON, CHIELLINI, ZANETTI, DEL PIERO. FOUR. This is not acceptable to me. Especially in defense.

I wish to see at least 6 Italians in the starting lineup next year and there is certainly no shortage of talent in Italy. I would hate to see the top Serie A teams all start looking like Premiership Teams and therefore watering down our National Squad in the process. Pick the truly WC foreigners only. Otherwise, there is no need.
What you say makes no sense. I am not Italian but I am not against them either. Try to count the number of Italians in Juventus, come on, do it. Juventus never lacked of Italians and never will do so.

I don´t care if we have 5 or 10 Italians in the team as long as we get good results. What is the point in having all Italians if they won´t get you good results. Good Italian players are also harder to get, especially if we want to buy them from our rivals.

I´d pick quality over nationality anyday of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)