More players for next season . (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
The Samuel of Roma rocked, but he has totally gone downward in his career and development. Nowadays he is a benchwarmer and sucked at Real and is not really good at Inter either.. I don't want him since he's an Argentinian too :) they have bad temper, but if he's cheap why not? He is better than Boumsong.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
The Samuel of Roma rocked, but he has totally gone downward in his career and development. Nowadays he is a benchwarmer and sucked at Real and is not really good at Inter either.. I don't want him since he's an Argentinian too :) they have bad temper, but if he's cheap why not? He is better than Boumsong.
Actually, you mentioned six negative points about him just in your post and one positive thing, that he rocked at Roma. I agree with them all except for the positive point as, in my opinion, he was average at Roma but thanks to Capello's old fashioned defensive sterile tactics, which puzzled some people that they've said that Samuel was good at Roma.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
It is hard to say what juve need when we dont really know what type of budget we have. An article a few weeks ago mentioned that the club had 40 million euro to spend..i really cant see how we could afford to spend that kind of money considering the clubs situation.

Nonetheless, my two bob below.

Defence:

Right back - Grygera is a very good signing, and we have good back up in Sali as he can play both full back roles, as well as cover the wings (probably more of his strengths lay as a true winger)

Central defence - Criscito is a very good signing. chiellini is a surprise packet in central defence which gives more cover. Samuel would be great to sign, even if it meant Camo going the other way. One more central defender would be great..Barzagli...even Cannavaro if he wanted to return.

Left back - Balzaretti is the best choice in my opinion. he plays with heart and is getting better all the time. Chiellini obviously plays this role also.

Midfield:

Right/left wing - If camo leaves, we can use Marchionni..although it seems he wants to leave also. Sali is the other option, but one would think that we want someone for the future. Nedved is great, but isn't a spring chicken, we shoudl look at getting someone there also. Quaresma, Robinho, Ribery all sound great, but they would be hard to get. Other options are Kapo...although i dont see him being as good as the others mentioned.

Central midfield - we need a world class DM, Diarra fits the bill well. Zanetti has good experience, as Paro and Marchisio should be used as back up. Tacchinardi is another option, although i feel he may move to another club to gain some playing time. We really need an attacking midfielder, Diego ro someone else would be good. In saying that, it depends on what DD wants to play, maybe players like Ribery could be the playmaker??

Forwards:

Striker - Trez said he is staying, which makes things easier now. All he needs is back up, and Pizarro on a free would be perfect. Del Piero and Palladino are perfect for suppoer strikers. Zalayeta can be sold and bojinov unfortunately will return to Fiorentina. Miccoli isn't needed and deserves a starting position at another club.

All in all, excluding players already obtained in grygera, sali and criscito, we need:

- 2 centre backs, with experience
- 1 DM
- 1 playmaker
- 1 back up striker to Trez

We wont be competing for the scudetto with the team we have, we would struggle to finish in the top 5 or 6 right now.
Malouda would be nice if we didn't get deigo

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I agree with Adrian. 2 CB's, 1 DMF, 1 Playmaker/Winger, 1 backup striker.

CB:
I thought that we would surely sign Metzelder, although now it seems as though he is going elsewhere. I am still a big fan of Barzagli as I beleive he is the best choice out of available CB's. I also beleive that he was born to play for Juve. Along side of him I would like to see another big name or more experienced defender. Samuel wouldn't be a bad choice, although I agree with Ahmedios on his abilities and I think he is a hot head. Heinze may be good here, but the best player to put next to Barzagli would be Cannavaro. Thuram may be available as well. Regardless, with the signings of 2 strong CB's we now give Boumsong and Kovac a purpose. Useless as starters, but actually very good backups! Along with Criscito this could be a strong defense.

SB:
Grygera on the Right and Chiellini on the Left with Balzaretti and Zebina as our backups and Birindelli left in the pantry actually sounds quite nice. Plus, Salihamdzic can fill in when we need a bit more offense. I like our squad at this position.

DMF:
Currently we have Paro and Zanetti as for sure returning next year. This leaves us quite slim at a very important position. If Paro and Zanetti start as our midfield pair next season we could be in trouble. I would like to see either A.Diarra or M.Diarra signed to give us some strength defensively. I don't think that we need an attacking CM. Paro and Zanetti move to ball nicely and sloting in a player like M. Diarra really would ad fluidity to our Midfield. Alou Diarra would be more of a shut down type DM which is useful as well. I have also heard that Tacchinardi may stay, but I don't beleive this. Even if he does stay we will still need one more DMF. I think 4 DM or CM's should be at our disposle. We have 2.

SMF:
I am pretty sure that Camoranesi will be leaving. This will leave us quite thin on the flanks. Salihamdzic and Marchionni on the right and Nedved on the left. I think that we need a playmaker here for sure. Especially since I want to see two DMF's. Ribery would be my first choice, with Robinho being a solid option as well. Kapo's return will be useless in my opinion. I would just sell him, unless we can't afford Ribery or Robinho. Not a huge fan of Quaresma. But, with Cagliari getting close to relegation, Mauro Esposito may be available to us. I like what he brings to the table. Also, I would suggest Gaetano D'Agostino as a flexible SMF.

SS:
Del Piero is the man, but he is getting old and won't be able to play every minute of every game. He needs help. Palladino is the natural successor, but I feel that he is not ready for the next level. Bojinov could play in DP's position as well, but could be out the door. My opinion is that the only player who would compliment DP is Cassano. I am scared with his attitude, but his on-field ability is unquestionable. I would love to see him brought here and his price will never be lower.

CF:
With Trezeguet staying this allows us to pick up someone at a cheap price. Pizarro will be a free transfer and a good backup to Trezeguet. Otherwise, I just think that we should pick up a solid player, or potential guy on free transfer. Spend no serious money here.

ACQUISITIONS:

BARZAGLI
CANNAVARO
HEINZE
THURAM
SAMUEL

M. DIARRA
A. DIARRA

RIBERY
ROBINHO
D'AGOSTINO
ESPOSITO

CASSANO

PIZARRO

CONCLUSION:
However much money we have to work with, I would spend it in order of the above list. CB-CF. Players listed in order. I beleive that you build a team from the back forward. However, we need to keep Bojinov around if we want to have the ability to spend light at CF.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
"Juve, £57m – The Board of Directors will vote a budget increase on Wednesday, for the market and to guarantee its future"

Tuttosport headline according to Channel4.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Also, we have a few players returning from other clubs and some players on our club left to sell. We will have a decent chunk of change to work with for signings. How much is not for certain. Regardless, we need to spend some money and bring in some quality players. Especially defensively.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
"Juve, £57m – The Board of Directors will vote a budget increase on Wednesday, for the market and to guarantee its future"

Tuttosport headline according to Channel4.
If the board of directors has decided just to use half that number, which is equal to £29M, that would be enough to rebuild the squad. Plus, considering the players whom we're going to sell, that would add extra cash to our original budget.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
If the board of directors has decided just to use half that number, which is equal to £29M, that would be enough to rebuild the squad. Plus, considering the players whom we're going to sell, that would add extra cash to our original budget.
um....it sounds possible! anyway, i believe 29m£ or £3xm is more possible than £57m~~

ok, now we have enough $$ to buy players
but i worry that wt players DD would choose to buy
youngsters? big stars??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)