More players for next season . (94 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

May 11, 2006
I don't know what special thing do people here see in M.Diarra to add to our midfield? :confused:
He was great at Lyon. The best player in the CL matches against Milan, and I think he like so many others have got the Real virus. He also seems to be our best and most realistic option right now in my opinion. Real have just brought in Gago and he's not going anywhere. When they get a new coach this summer I think they'll sign a more attacking minded coach. And I dont think he'll field a midfield with 2 DM like capello. Diarra want to play and wont be content with warming the bench. Then we just have to accept we'll be paying 15 mill euro for him. But I dont think we will be get a player of his standard any cheaper. And Real paid Lyon twice as much this summer.

Emerson will also leave Real but I really think he should be our last option.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I'm all for bringing Cannavaro back but Emerson needs to stay as far away from Turin as possible. Cassano can take his fucked up attitude somewhere else and a 33 year old Del Piero is better than Robinho. Diarra? Ok, maybe.
Nice passion. I agree in most ways. DP is better than anyone we would pick up at this point. But, in my opinion, he will not be able to put in the minutes next year like he is this year. He will need a young future star to share time with and help groom into his role. DP loves this team and will be with us for a long time, even after he retires. I am sure he knows this and would not object to this idea. He has no viable player behind him if he goes down, or needs a rest.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I don't know what you all se in M.Diarra as he really sucks in Real, I think Sissoko is far better player, he played excellent in recent games for Liverpool and he is always in first XI. And also I think Mavuba would be better than Diarra...

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I think he is a savvy defensive player who is sound positionally. He has a very good skill set and good fitness. He is mature enough to claim the position his own and young enough to become a staple of our team. M.Diarra is a solid prospect for us, and in my opinion, the best DMF I have heard us realistically linked to. I do prefer A.Diarra though, but I haven't heard anything about a move for him. I imagine he would be available.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think we should make an attempt at a mass trade deal with Real Madrid. Diarra, Cassano, Robinho, Cannavaro, and Emerson will all be available. Would making a move for a package of three be realistic? Cassano and Robinho work well together, Diarra is solid and Cannavaro and Emerson would be 2-3 year stop-gap solutions (very good stop-gaps too).

Would this be realistic?
On the contrary, I see him as the new Emerson but he is a little bit stronger and quicker. His positioning is below par and his skills as well, although, I'm not going to classify him amongst the talented midfielders, simply because he is a defensive midfielder. Anyways, I'm not against him joining us but to warm our bench. I believe that Zanetti is very sane and of course more mature.

Regarding the Real Madrid's players that have been linked to us, I just want Cannavaro back but not any of the others due to lots of reasons.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
He was great at Lyon. The best player in the CL matches against Milan, and I think he like so many others have got the Real virus. He also seems to be our best and most realistic option right now in my opinion. Real have just brought in Gago and he's not going anywhere. When they get a new coach this summer I think they'll sign a more attacking minded coach. And I dont think he'll field a midfield with 2 DM like capello. Diarra want to play and wont be content with warming the bench. Then we just have to accept we'll be paying 15 mill euro for him. But I dont think we will be get a player of his standard any cheaper. And Real paid Lyon twice as much this summer.

Emerson will also leave Real but I really think he should be our last option.
Well said. I think too many people try to get creative with these "good deal" type players. My problem with the "good deal" players is they are either too young to do what we need them to, have attitude problems, injury problems, or haven't proved themselves yet. I want to give some players a chance to prove themselves, but I would not make that my basis for the transfer period.

M. Diarra would be a quality player that could last a long time here. Picking up him would enable us to attain a more attacking, younger CMF like Diego. Or it would allow us to give players like Sissoko or Mavuba, a proper environment to grow into their position and the Italian game.

We need to follow the same priciples at CB. For example: with Trezeguet commited to Juventus we can afford to sign a young promising striker. Or, pick up a guy like Pizarro on a free transfer to add bulk. Without a player like Trez at CF, picking up a promising striker or a depth guy would be pointless.

Quality over quantity. We have guys like Balzaretti, Paro, and Marchionni who will give us depth already. Personally I have faith in Paro. I think he will bloom into a strong player. But, he is not ready and needs more time.

My thoughts.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
we have lots of options for players but as u can see we lost a great player to real madrid - metzelder.
i think the list of secco is something like this:
defense:
samuel, barzagli, pepe, lucio, heinze, naldo
midfield:
mavuba, sissoko, m.diarra, emerson, gerrard, frings
attack:
cassano, robinho, ribery, diego, toni , klose, huntelaar, zigic, pizarro, bianchi.

i truly hope atleast 3-4 players of this list will come.
without those we cant compete with inter-roma-ac milan
This lis actually excellent but unfortunatly many of theese players are also linked with Inter, Man Utd, Milan, Real etc. in one word with the teams who will play in europe next season.

But still I hope that we can sign few players from this list it would be great. I think that we have a real chance to sign one of theese players: Samuel, Barzagli, Heinze, Emerson, Mavuba, Sissoko, Cassano, Huntelaar, Zigic, Pizzaro, Bianchi.

P.S. Did anyone noticed that when we are linked with one player next day Inter is also expressing desire for the sam player...

Durden

May 11, 2006
Well said. I think too many people try to get creative with these "good deal" type players. My problem with the "good deal" players is they are either too young to do what we need them to, have attitude problems, injury problems, or haven't proved themselves yet. I want to give some players a chance to prove themselves, but I would not make that my basis for the transfer period.

M. Diarra would be a quality player that could last a long time here. Picking up him would enable us to attain a more attacking, younger CMF like Diego. Or it would allow us to give players like Sissoko or Mavuba, a proper environment to grow into their position and the Italian game.

We need to follow the same priciples at CB. For example: with Trezeguet commited to Juventus we can afford to sign a young promising striker. Or, pick up a guy like Pizarro on a free transfer to add bulk. Without a player like Trez at CF, picking up a promising striker or a depth guy would be pointless.

Quality over quantity. We have guys like Balzaretti, Paro, and Marchionni who will give us depth already. Personally I have faith in Paro. I think he will bloom into a strong player. But, he is not ready and needs more time.

My thoughts.
Couldn't agree more :tup:

Haven't seen this Mavuba in action yet but everybody seems to like him here. Anybody got some details on him?

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I have seen a few games of his, but not enough to provide full analysis. I beleive he will be very good in the future, but needs some time to grow into the game more.

Ahmedios let me re-state something in a different way. M. Diarra has a strong skill set for his position. That is more of what I meant. He isn't going to dribble through the midfield, but he will win balls and disrupt attacks. That is what his position entails.

Zanetti is solid. But, he is the only Serie A ready DMF on our roster. Paro is someone to keep as a sub. So that leaves a DMF starting spot open and a DMF/CMF bench position available. I beleive M. Diarra has the criteria we are looking for in a starting DMF.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we don't really need a DMF. We have Tacchinardi coming back. This means we will have Tacchi, Zanetti, Paro and Marchisio for next season. If we can sign Mavuba, Or Sissoko then great. If not, then for God's sake Secco get Daniel Carvalho. Forget about Diego as Bremen won't sell him after only one season + he will cost us a fortune. Carvalho would cost us 7-15 million. I think we should get somone with enough creativity to take some pressure off Del Piero as he is our only true playmaker. Daniel Carvalho please Secco.

so in reality all that is needed for next season is 2 players. A defender and a midfielder and we're set to compete with the best. Altough ideally we should get another centre back as well. That's why I feel since we only need 2 players, we should spend big on them. almost any player can be bought if the money is right (see Chelsea) .aim high Secco, aim high

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Mavuba would be maybe the best pickup. He plays in poor French league, he wants out, he stated that joining Juve or ManUre is his dream and he is relatively cheap.

After I saw the Video I am all for this transfer. Let´s just hope ManUre won´t make an offer fro him.

He is a French we have some Frenchies in the squad and usually French players adapt very well in every league. So I say, get Mavuba.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Mavuba is a decent Defensive Midfield(i said decent because he's still young n surely he'll improve)

i heard that he fails to shine in big games though

Jul 15, 2006
Racing Santander striker Nikola Zigic has intimated that were he to quit Spain then England would be his preferred destination, amidst growing talk of interest from the Premiership.

The giant front man, 6ft 8ins, reportedly attracted scouts from Bolton, Tottenham and Arsenal for Racing's recent 1-0 win over Osasuna.

It is believed that Bolton hold the strongest interest in the 26-year-old, who has scored seven goals in La Liga this season, in a run of form that has seen him attract the attention of Juventus.

Zigic, though, would prefer to move to the Premiership over Serie A, firmly of the opinion that his natural game and physical prowess would suit the hurly burly of English football.

"I am aware that some English teams have a continuing interest in me," Zigic told the Spanish media.

"However, I have a contract with Racing. It is clear that the Premiership is a special paradise for a striker of my characteristics.

"It is normal to think about my future and my career."

------
It metions Juve, but he wants Prem

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
tonykart said:
Ahmedios let me re-state something in a different way. M. Diarra has a strong skill set for his position. That is more of what I meant. He isn't going to dribble through the midfield, but he will win balls and disrupt attacks. That is what his position entails.
I know the required skills for such a position; right positioning, high body balance, quickness mainly without ball, being tall is highly recommended and high stamina. Besides, his main mission on pitch is winning ball back. But I see that Diarra is below average in most of the previously skills bar his body balance. Plus, we have to pay not less than £8M to sign him. I prefer Sissoko and if we can't get him, so we can get Tacchinardi, Blasi and Nocherino back as backups for Zanetti.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Racing Santander striker Nikola Zigic has intimated that were he to quit Spain then England would be his preferred destination, amidst growing talk of interest from the Premiership.

The giant front man, 6ft 8ins, reportedly attracted scouts from Bolton, Tottenham and Arsenal for Racing's recent 1-0 win over Osasuna.

It is believed that Bolton hold the strongest interest in the 26-year-old, who has scored seven goals in La Liga this season, in a run of form that has seen him attract the attention of Juventus.

Zigic, though, would prefer to move to the Premiership over Serie A, firmly of the opinion that his natural game and physical prowess would suit the hurly burly of English football.

"I am aware that some English teams have a continuing interest in me," Zigic told the Spanish media.

"However, I have a contract with Racing. It is clear that the Premiership is a special paradise for a striker of my characteristics.

"It is normal to think about my future and my career."

------
It metions Juve, but he wants Prem
tbh i dont want him, what has he got that is so good?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Reliable sources in England are sure Mavuba is being lined up by Manchester United as one of their May - June 2007 signatures. If Man Utd win the CL - they are now 11/4 favourites - Glazer family state that all proceeds will go towards getting two big names. A DM and an right-sided AM.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I know the required skills for such a position; right positioning, high body balance, quickness mainly without ball, being tall is highly recommended and high stamina. Besides, his main mission on pitch is winning ball back. But I see that Diarra is below average in most of the previously skills bar his body balance. Plus, we have to pay not less than £8M to sign him. I prefer Sissoko and if we can't get him, so we can get Tacchinardi, Blasi and Nocherino back as backups for Zanetti.
Is Tacchinardi going to stay here? This is the first i've heard of it. Same thing with Blasi. Is he going to return? That would be important information. Also, Nocerino and Marchisio are certainly not ready to play. If in fact Blasi, Tacchinardi, and Nocerino are returning to us, than this conversation should end here. At this point Having Zanetti, Tacchinardi, Blasi and Paro, would be plenty for next season. We can pick up a player at the Jan 08 transfer period.

On that note, we should buy two CB's and, as Lion mentioned, someone to share time with Del Piero. Cassano has the skill and mentality on the pitch to get the job done, and his value would be low. But, could he keep his cool off the pitch? I don't know who else could play the trequarista role good enough to compliment DP. Cassano is the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)