More players for next season . (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Tony, are you by any chance Italian? You just seem so biased for Italian players, don't take it as an insult though, just trying to figure you out.

Cassano would be great, his talent is yet to be fullfilled, as is Robinho's, but I would take the latter over him simply because of their characters. Cassano is uncontrollable beyond belief, Robinho likes partying like any Brasilian but I feel he can "tamed" a lot more easily, after all I haven't heard many breakouts of Robinho's, which can't be said for our Antonio.

Robinho is a player I never fancied too much, I thought he was very overrated, untill I saw him play a lot of times this season. The way he controls the ball is amazing, it's like the ball is glued to his feet his technique is impecable, not just his dribble but his vision and passing. So I really don't know what you meant with the "he could learn to play technical football" part. Before I saw him more as a trickster than a football player but that has changed very much this season, though he is still fond of his tricks it is a lot less compaired to last season. I don't believe he has reached 60% of his true potential and the world is yet to see all of Robinho I'm sure.

But to be perfectly clear I wouldn't mind having both at the same time.
I am American of Italian heritage.

Robinho has nice footwork, but his team play leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, last nights game vs. Bayern Munich he would would dribble into awkward positions. Basically, I think Cassano is a much better playmaker and better overall player than Robinho although Robinho has a lot of technical skills. I think Robinho and Cassano would be nice to have, but I would choose Cassano first.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I am American of Italian heritage.

Robinho has nice footwork, but his team play leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, last nights game vs. Bayern Munich he would would dribble into awkward positions. Basically, I think Cassano is a much better playmaker and better overall player than Robinho although Robinho has a lot of technical skills. I think Robinho and Cassano would be nice to have, but I would choose Cassano first.
I figured that might be the case. ;)

Robinho tends to do that, but I reiterate not as much as before, his skill gets the best of him sometimes but those things come with experience. Yeah Cassano as a playmaker is of course better, which is not Robinho's position at all, he's best as a winger or even a forward in a 4-3-3 (Barcelona style) formation.

Like I said I'd like to have both, an attack of Cassano-Trezeguet, with Robinho on the flanks would be fantastic. Perhaps something like this for our first season in Serie A:

---------Cassano/DP--Trez/Bojinov--------

Nedved/Robinho--Zanetti--Paro/Mavuba--Salihamidzic/Robinho/Marchionni

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
as much as i like Robinho, that shouldn't have been a penalty...

how did he fall but not on purpose??he wanted a penalty after he fell
He collided with Lucio and he thought Lucio brought him down, but Lucio didn´t see him. And I agree, that defo was not a penalty, but it was referee´s mistake, not Robinho´s.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Cassano is uncontrolable and DD isnt that strong coach to force decpline in a team...
but his skills are undenialble, Robinho too...
I'd love aslo to see both in Juve... :smoke:

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
He collided with Lucio and he thought Lucio brought him down, but Lucio didn´t see him. And I agree, that defo was not a penalty, but it was referee´s mistake, not Robinho´s.
:agree:
but still he should give himself a boost n score(how can he score if he's too scared to touch the ball in the penalty area?)

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I figured that might be the case. ;)

Robinho tends to do that, but I reiterate not as much as before, his skill gets the best of him sometimes but those things come with experience. Yeah Cassano as a playmaker is of course better, which is not Robinho's position at all, he's best as a winger or even a forward in a 4-3-3 (Barcelona style) formation.

Like I said I'd like to have both, an attack of Cassano-Trezeguet, with Robinho on the flanks would be fantastic. Perhaps something like this for our first season in Serie A:

That would be a solid lineup I have no quarells with that. Is Mavuba a strong defensive player or is he more balanced? I can't find too much information on him and the French League isn't on to much for me to study him.

In prior posts I wrote that DP was going to need someone to share time with next season and felt Cassano would be the ultimate. He is my favorite player for numerous reasons. Also, I like Bojinov, but I think he may be better suited as a SS. I like to have a big guy like Trezeguet next to a playmaking SS like DP.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Players dive in the box constantly. 95% do this. Sometimes the ref calls it, sometimes he doesn't. People just call players DIVERS when the ref calls for the Penalty Kick. Who cares, Real fans thought it was a good play, and Bayern fans think it was hogwash. Alas, the never ending cycle.

That is my opinion.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That would be a solid lineup I have no quarells with that. Is Mavuba a strong defensive player or is he more balanced? I can't find too much information on him and the French League isn't on to much for me to study him.

In prior posts I wrote that DP was going to need someone to share time with next season and felt Cassano would be the ultimate. He is my favorite player for numerous reasons. Also, I like Bojinov, but I think he may be better suited as a SS. I like to have a big guy like Trezeguet next to a playmaking SS like DP.
TBH I haven't seen much of Mavuba but he is touted as the new Vieira, so he is a balanced holding midfielder, and seems as a very interesting talent. This is only one goal but it definetly proves he is not a Giannichedda type of DM. ;)

Cassano would be the perfect replacement for DP, enough said. Personally if we could get Cassano our attack would be even stronger than last year, we could rotate a lot with the players, DP/Trez, Cassano/Trez, Cassano/Bojinov, DP/Bojinov, personally I think every of those combinations would work. Though having that kind of firepower upfront would require lots of rotating which is something DD obviously isn't fond of (hint Bojinov).

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006

No room anymore for Palladino?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

No room anymore for Palladino?
If we'd get Cassano+Robinho I wouldn't see much room for Palladino TBH, and righteously so. Though getting both is kind of dreaming so I wouldn't worry about Palla, DD seems to rate him well, I'm worried about Bojinov. :frown:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I don't think Palladino is ready for Serie A.

Also, there was an article about us making an offer to M. Diarra of Real Madrid. He is a perfect player.

Personally, I would like to see a more Defensive Midfielder on Juve. I don't want to become an attacking team. Those teams seem to come and go with each new wind. Juve's defensive/conservative approach has kept us a leader in Europe every year. Mavuba has a lot of skill and I don't have all the facts on him, but if he is a good defender I would like to see him in the Juve shirt. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to pay money for an attacking CMF.

I think your right about DD not being able to rotate the players. Although, he will have to do something next year because I don't think DP will be able to play at the level he is now without needing some serious help from a high quality player. Cassano would be the perfect one for DP to teach and share time with. DD will need to learn or will have some serious trouble with a #1 team live Juventus. Sooner or later we will have many star players to rotate in and out. Hopefully, Secco picks star players that will adapt the Juventus mindset.

I love the way we play. Call it boring, conservative, ugly, whatever... but, it is classy and it works. I can't wait for next season when we can bring balance back to the Serie A galaxy!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Don't you think he has the potential to become as good as Nedved or Dp?

:agree:
Without a doubt in my mind. There is no questioning Cassano's skill, technique and tactical play. He is almost flawless positionally, does very smart things with the football, has a strong skill set and scores in big games. The only problem with Cassano is that he has an attitude problem with his Managers. He needs to mature, which I think he has beleive it or not. Also, a team like Juventus may just whip him into shape, especially if he is sharing time with one of the greatest Italian trequaristas of all time in DP. I almost get giddy with the idea.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Well I believe that we need a definsive and also creative players in our midfield...depending only on definsive players wont take us far in CL (when we are back there)... and we lack a lot of flair in our Juve TBH :smoke:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Without a doubt in my mind. There is no questioning Cassano's skill, technique and tactical play. He is almost flawless positionally, does very smart things with the football, has a strong skill set and scores in big games. The only problem with Cassano is that he has an attitude problem with his Managers. He needs to mature, which I think he has beleive it or not. Also, a team like Juventus may just whip him into shape, especially if he is sharing time with one of the greatest Italian trequaristas of all time in DP. I almost get giddy with the idea.
Wuth him, I meant Palla, but you already answered how you feel about Palla in the other post.

With regard to Cassano, I agree, great potential, terrible attitude, if we can set that straight, then he will be a potential goldn boot winner.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't think Palladino is ready for Serie A.

Also, there was an article about us making an offer to M. Diarra of Real Madrid. He is a perfect player.

Personally, I would like to see a more Defensive Midfielder on Juve. I don't want to become an attacking team. Those teams seem to come and go with each new wind. Juve's defensive/conservative approach has kept us a leader in Europe every year. Mavuba has a lot of skill and I don't have all the facts on him, but if he is a good defender I would like to see him in the Juve shirt. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to pay money for an attacking CMF.

I think your right about DD not being able to rotate the players. Although, he will have to do something next year because I don't think DP will be able to play at the level he is now without needing some serious help from a high quality player. Cassano would be the perfect one for DP to teach and share time with. DD will need to learn or will have some serious trouble with a #1 team live Juventus. Sooner or later we will have many star players to rotate in and out. Hopefully, Secco picks star players that will adapt the Juventus mindset.

I love the way we play. Call it boring, conservative, ugly, whatever... but, it is classy and it works. I can't wait for next season when we can bring balance back to the Serie A galaxy!
Mavuba is a DM, but he still has some skill and knows how to control the ball, has the potential to be a complete central midfielder. Who knows, maybe even a new Davids?

I disagree about DP, I don't think next year will pose any problem for him. He seems to have found himself once again in the twilight of his career and he just plays so well, he has the motivation of a 20 year old, and I believe if the mind is set on it a player can play great football well into his 30's. DP is a player like that.

I must admit I miss having a Zidane in our squad. Just the other day I was watching some clips and Zidane gave us soo much in terms of creativity and game fluency. I didn't mind Nedved in his Lippi era role...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cassano DP and Robinho play more or less in the same position,
it will be a waste of time to buy one of them if we dont sell DP,
when there are other places in our team that really suffer,
the priority on the attack is to find Trezequet's replacement...
A tall/strong finisher, not a creative forward.
The highest priority is a decent CM, DM or OMF
and a world class CB.
Since we cover this position and have a decent squad,
then and only then we could start wasting money and buy extra luxurious players.
On the other hand, if Treze stays and Boji leaves,
then a Robinho/Cassano type of player may join...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)