More players for next season . (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
It is being speculated that Barcelona could move for Werder Bremen midfielder Torsten Frings if they fail to net Valencia's David Albelda.
Barcelona are said to have intensified their search for a top defensive midfielder, as they look to rebuild following their Champions League exit at the hands of Liverpool.
Reports over the last ten days have put Valencia skipper David Albelda, 29, increasingly close to a summer move to the Nou Camp.
However, it now appears that the Catalans are also looking at Torsten Frings, 30, in case the Albelda move falls through.
Rijkaard has had the chance to see Frings for himself during Barca's four clashes with Bremen over the last eighteen months, and is said to rate the midfielder very highly.
The German international, who put in a superb display during the World Cup holding the midfield up behind Michael Ballack, is strong in the air, and an expert at hitting the target from distance - something that creates more space for teammates as opponents close him down.
He has also been linked with a move to Juventus in the summer, though the lure of Barcelona, if true, could prove to be very strong.
However, it is said to be only one of many steps barca are looking to take. The Catalan giants have also been linked recently with Eric Abidal and Jorge Andrade as they go about revamping a defense that has looked very shaky of late.
Some shoddy work at the back has been one of the major causes of their recent defeats to Sevilla, Valencia and Liverpool.

Source: Goal.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
It´s not our management´s fault. Besides, the news are yet to be confirmed.
:agree: the guy has the chance to sign for a club like Real, who will play CL next season so then it is logical he chooses them over Juve, not mentioning he will also get a bigger paycheck at Real then at Juve.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Metzelder would have been a very good pickup. I don't think that Robinho would be a choice to bring to Juventus. He could learn to play technical football, but I think he is too uncontrollable. Cassano played well against Bayern last night after not playing much all season. He set up some nice plays and settled the attack down on a number of occasions. At the end of the game he was hustling to the ball, attacking the Bayern defenders and executing good passes while getting in good positions. He too is a loose cannon, but I think Cassano is a better overall player and one of my personal favorites.

I don't think it would be worth the risk for Cassano, but I would not object if we tried to pick him up. He wants out of Real and back to Italy, and Real want him out so negotiating shouldn't be too difficult and his price may be fair as well. But, like I said, risk vs. reward for Cassano. He is an amazing all around attacking player, but has questionable character. I don't think DD needs to worry about a player like him in the big leagues next year. But, I do think Cassano will be the real deal.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Juventus needs to start going after some big names right about now. I know they are and are keeping it under wraps, but I would like to see a signing soon. Vanden Borre would have been nice, as would Metzelder. Perhaps a few other deal might actually go through. Moggi was a genious. Hard guy to replace. I hope we don't miss him too much.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Tony, are you by any chance Italian? You just seem so biased for Italian players, don't take it as an insult though, just trying to figure you out.

Cassano would be great, his talent is yet to be fullfilled, as is Robinho's, but I would take the latter over him simply because of their characters. Cassano is uncontrollable beyond belief, Robinho likes partying like any Brasilian but I feel he can "tamed" a lot more easily, after all I haven't heard many breakouts of Robinho's, which can't be said for our Antonio.

Robinho is a player I never fancied too much, I thought he was very overrated, untill I saw him play a lot of times this season. The way he controls the ball is amazing, it's like the ball is glued to his feet his technique is impecable, not just his dribble but his vision and passing. So I really don't know what you meant with the "he could learn to play technical football" part. Before I saw him more as a trickster than a football player but that has changed very much this season, though he is still fond of his tricks it is a lot less compaired to last season. I don't believe he has reached 60% of his true potential and the world is yet to see all of Robinho I'm sure.

But to be perfectly clear I wouldn't mind having both at the same time.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yes, he is biased towards Italian players, that´s pretty obvious. While I could understand that bias if he was Inter supporter I simply cannot understand his bias as a Juventus supporter.

It´s not like Juventus lacks of Italians or ever was lacking of the same. I would take quality over nationality anyday of the week.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Robinho has no confidence when it comes to shooting. It clearly showed last night. He could've simply slotted the ball into the net but he chose to dive.
:disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)