More players for next season . (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Again,

I think Zambrotta is the only former player who's place is in Juve! He is true Juventino type... All the time I see him in Barca he looks very unhappy :(

Jul 2, 2006
Juve: Diego and Klose

01.03.2007, 09:02

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Juve are planning to invest 25 million euros on Werder Bremen’s Diego and Klose. The money for this should come from selling Bojinov and Zalayeta. A representative for the club went to try and convince the German side, maybe by adding one or two players to the cash payment. Other Werder Bremen players Juve are interested in are Naldo and Mertesacker.

from calciomercato.com

money from selling Bojinov and Zalayeta?what are they talking about?

Bojinov is loaned

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juve: Diego and Klose

01.03.2007, 09:02

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Juve are planning to invest 25 million euros on Werder Bremen’s Diego and Klose. The money for this should come from selling Bojinov and Zalayeta. A representative for the club went to try and convince the German side, maybe by adding one or two players to the cash payment. Other Werder Bremen players Juve are interested in are Naldo and Mertesacker.

from calciomercato.com

money from selling Bojinov and Zalayeta?what are they talking about?

Bojinov is loaned
Selling Bojinov would be the biggest mistake, after letting Mutu leaves :tdown:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
When Camoranesi leaves and IF (very likely) Trezeguet leaves we will have a substantial amout of money to spend on a few quality players. With the sales of some of our players on loan and the possibility of Zebina and Legrottaglie being sold, this will also improve our monetary situation.

Therefore, I think Juventus will be in a pretty stout position to buy a small amount of quality and a small amount of "depth" players. I have posted similar ideas to the following in other threads, but I have been informed by others on a few interesting details that I didn't know prior. However, my main basis is still the same.

Problem Areas:

CB, DMF, CF

Lack of Depth:

SB, SMF, SS

I beleive our number one concern in this summer transfer period should be bulking up the defense. We can score as many goals as we want to, but if we are not defending our net, than scoring serves no point. You can waste a ton of money on strikers who will be useless and scoring worthless goals, by not having a back-line to stop attacks and move the ball forward. Especially in a defensive minded side like Juve, defending becomes even more important.

As many people know (and despise), I am a big fan of signing Barzagli from Palermo. He is 25 years old and has done a very good job for the rosanero. People critisize the teams Goals Allowed average over the past 2 years, but I think that it is not a reflection of one player. Poor defending is based on team philosophy. On a team like Juve, I beleive he will shine.

Barzagli does have good physical height and strength, but his main trait is being a reader of the game and a leader of the defense. With Boumsong and Kovac kept around for another year as good depth players, I think it is crucial to bring in a large defender to play next to him. Metzelder is a free transfer and would be very solid in that role.

Since Metzelder is free, there is room to bring in a third CB. Someone like Cannavaro, Samuel, Heinze, or Pepe would be a good fit, although I would like to see an experienced player instead. The possibility of bringing Zambrotta back would be ideal because, as a RB this will allow Grygera to be more versatile and play inside and outside on the right. Three defenders are key to next years campaign, however I would settle for two and wait until the Jan '08 window for the third CB if need be.

The other weakness is in the center midfield. Paro and Zanetti seem to be our only options and the desperately need some help. The possibility of selling Trezeguet to Lyon for Alou Diarra and some money would interest me. I think we need a big, tough DMF to win balls and control the center of the field. Diarra seems like the best bet. Zanetti would be decent alongside, and would share time from the maturing Paro (I have high hopes). Mavuba, Sissoko and Diego have been mentioned here as well (mentioned as realistic targets), and I would take either one, but none of them possess the ability to instantly start and eat up playing time like Diarra would. Mavuba is too finess, Sissoko needs to mature, and Diego is too attack oriented to play along side Zanetti. I beleive we need two CMF's and Diego would be good to have, but a solid DMF is require first and more importantly. Another option for the second CMF/DMF would be to pick up someone that is on a free transfer, just to add depth until the Jan '08 transfer period.

Another option that was suggested was to shift Nedved to CMF and pick up Ribery. Who, out of the SMF's mentioned by people on these forums, strikes me as the only really outstanding SMF. Ribery is young, smart, and talented and could fit right into our squad. With Camoranesi leaving that leaves us with Salihamdzic, Marchionni, and Kapo. That is thin, but the fact that Nedved, Balzaretti and even Zalayeta could fill in the position if need be, leaves this as a less crucial void. Picking up Ljunberg on a free transfer would be nice, but perhaps better players would be available for free as well. Basically, I would not focus on paying a transfer fee for a player in this position.

The final dire need is at CF. It is my strong opinion that Trezeguet will be leaving us after the season. This creates a massive void at this position. Now, we do have some youngster who have showed promise in the Serie B, but I don't think either of them are ready to start in A. I am talking about Palladino and Bojinov. The latter being a better solution in the near future. Zalayeta is good to put in when we are ahead in games, because he is decent at getting posession of the ball and doing nothing with it! This actually is good when we are ahead because it wastes time and rests our crucial forwards. Regardless we still need to buy some CF's.

Looking at some options for next season. The first move I would make isn't going to blow out the doors, but it is a smart and wise move that will add some depth at the very least. Pizarro is available for free transfer and we need to pick him. His value is exceptional and would be a very good backup striker. If he chooses not to sign with us, than it is crucial to pick up a player like him for a free transfer or a very cheap transfer fee.

This still leaves the striker spot wide open. While I would love to see none other than Luca Toni fill this position, I just don't feel that we will have the money it would take to sign him. The possibilities for strikers are endless and I don't think the market is thin. I like Amauri who is coming off of an injury and could be a combined peice of my Barzagli deal. Other than that I think the names listed by posters on this side would all give us the same thing. Zigic, Gomes, Huntelaar, Klose (maybe having the most success), would all give us a decent option. I don't think any of them would be able to fill the shoes of Trezeguet. Only Toni would be able to do the job we need. He is perfect for our system and has that "special" ability to put the ball in the net.

In the future I think it will be important to find someone to share time with Del Piero. Another SMF and one, or two more SB's. I think all of that can wait until Jan '08.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
same for me here.. i would love to have toni too... but i think bringing toni and ribery would be a adventure for tom cruise.. something that they call "mission impossible"... it would be possible.. but very very hard...

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
same for me here.. i would love to have toni too... but i think bringing toni and ribery would be a adventure for tom cruise.. something that they call "mission impossible"... it would be possible.. but very very hard...
Toni will be too pricey. I think we will have about 8-10M to spend on a striker.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Goalkeepers:
Gianluigi Buffon
Antonio Mirante

Right Backs:
Zdnek Grygera
Jonathan Zebina

Central Defenders:
Pepe
Fabio Cannavaro
Robert Kovac
Jean Alain Boumsong
Daniele Criscito

Left Backs:
Giorgio Chiellini
Federico Balzaretti

Right midfielders:

Mauro Camoranesi
Marco Marchionni

Central Midfielders:
Cristiano Zanetti
Mohammed Sissoko
Rio Mavuba
Matteo Paro

Left Midfielders:

Pavel Nedved
Hasan Salihamdzic

Attackers:
David Trezeguet
Alex Del Piero
Claudio Pizarro
Javier Saviola
Raffaele Palladino
not sure about our central midfielder , we will doomed by other seri A team is we really go with u'r player :) still not sure about mavuba , he's still unproven and we need someone more ellegance in the middle .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)