More players for next season . (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Please elaborate, I hate it when discussions turn into quick remarks. The point of these forums is to make suggestions, debate and discuss our favorite team. Please lend your opinions and your squad I am anxious to see it.
I though we already discussed this and discussions went in a wrong way because of Barzagli. :D

I think you made a very realistic squad. I like the defense, except I would maybe swap Barzagli for Samuel.

In midfield, Giannichedda is leaving so you can´t count on him. On the other hand, Tacchinardi and Blasi will return. We could trade them for another good DMC or bring Nocerino back. I like your choice of a DMC too although I don´t know what Diarra you mean. You are forgetting that Kapo will be back, so we are covered good with wingers.

I would also like to bring a creative midfielder like Diego. If we could somehow bring him, I wouldn´t change anything in the attack line.

I would like to get rid of Zalayeta, Birindelli and Kovač.

So, my squad would be somehow like this:

GK: Buffon, Mirante, Belardi.

CB: Samuel, Criscito, Metzelder, Grygera, Boumsong.

LB: Chiellini, Balzaretti

RB: Salihamidzic, Zebina

DMF: Paro, Zanetti, Sissoko, another DMC

SMF: Kapo, Marchionni, Camoranesi, Nedved

AMC: Diego

FW: Bojinov, Palladino, Delpie, Trezeguet.

Happy?? :D

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I though we already discussed this and discussions went in a wrong way because of Barzagli. :D

I think you made a very realistic squad. I like the defense, except I would maybe swap Barzagli for Samuel.

In midfield, Giannichedda is leaving so you can´t count on him. On the other hand, Tacchinardi and Blasi will return. We could trade them for another good DMC or bring Nocerino back. I like your choice of a DMC too although I don´t know what Diarra you mean. You are forgetting that Kapo will be back, so we are covered good with wingers.

I would also like to bring a creative midfielder like Diego. If we could somehow bring him, I wouldn´t change anything in the attack line.

I would like to get rid of Zalayeta, Birindelli and Kovač.

So, my squad would be somehow like this:

GK: Buffon, Mirante, Belardi.

CB: Samuel, Criscito, Metzelder, Grygera, Boumsong.

LB: Chiellini, Balzaretti

RB: Salihamidzic, Zebina

DMF: Paro, Zanetti, Sissoko, another DMC

SMF: Kapo, Marchionni, Camoranesi, Nedved

AMC: Diego

FW: Bojinov, Palladino, Delpie, Trezeguet.

Happy?? :D
Yes, good job! That made for an interesting conversation peice you see. Very good points and counterpoints and although I disagree and am a bit confused with some things, I am pleased that I have an intelligent response to react to. Thanks!

Comments:

Alou Diarra.

IF Trezeguet stays I think that CF squad is still very thin.

I didn't know about which players were coming back. It was vague to me. Thanks.

Questions:

Do you think it is better to have Sali starting at Right Back. Is he a better defender than Grygera in your opinion?

Is Diego available for us? Is he really good enough to start in an important position like that?

Are you suggesting a formation change? Or just a more aggressive CMF?

Your formation seems to be more aggressive. Is that by design?

Do you think Sissoko is good enough to start at Juve? He seems to make a lot of bad choices. And is, IMO, overaggressive at times. I can't doubt his physical attributes though. I continually list Diarra, Mavuba and Sissoko as the options at DMF and I think between the three I would feel safest with Diarra. Mavuba I question his strength and Sissoko I question his savvy. I like them all though.

Did you plan on Juve saving a lot of money? We would still have some serious cash left over after your roster is complete. Although I don't know the full prices of Samuel and Diego. They are assumed to be under 8M.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yes, good job! That made for an interesting conversation peice you see. Very good points and counterpoints and although I disagree and am a bit confused with some things, I am pleased that I have an intelligent response to react to. Thanks!

Comments:

Alou Diarra.

IF Trezeguet stays I think that CF squad is still very thin.

I didn't know about which players were coming back. It was vague to me. Thanks.

Questions:

Do you think it is better to have Sali starting at Right Back. Is he a better defender than Grygera in your opinion?

Is Diego available for us? Is he really good enough to start in an important position like that?

Are you suggesting a formation change? Or just a more aggressive CMF?

Your formation seems to be more aggressive. Is that by design?

Do you think Sissoko is good enough to start at Juve? He seems to make a lot of bad choices. And is, IMO, overaggressive at times. I can't doubt his physical attributes though. I continually list Diarra, Mavuba and Sissoko as the options at DMF and I think between the three I would feel safest with Diarra. Mavuba I question his strength and Sissoko I question his savvy. I like them all though.

Did you plan on Juve saving a lot of money? We would still have some serious cash left over after your roster is complete. Although I don't know the full prices of Samuel and Diego. They are assumed to be under 8M.
Thanks.

1. Alou Diarra? I haven´t seen much of him. I know he was brought to replace Mamadou Diarra who went to Real Madrid, right? If he filled his position like he was supposed so, then I´d take him.

2. You think we are thin on CF? Well that´s true, but to me Zalayeta is not a decent cover-up for him. I would like someone cheap and young, for example, Pazzini.

3. I cannot really judge Grygera, but I heard he is better at defensive tasks than attacking ones. So I would put him in the centre of defense and move Salihamidzic to the right because he is good in attacking and defending.

4. Diego is good. I mentioned him as an example because of his style. I´m dying to see another Kaka/Zidane/Rui Costa in our team if you know what I mean,so I would adjust the formation for than kind of a player. The Italian league became quite boring with usually 2 DMC´s. The price on that kind of player is usually high, but I would give it. With no risk there is no profit.

5. About DMC - I don´t really care who we get as long as he is tough. He has to be tough, that is most important. And Sissoko is a beast. I am a fan of Patrick Vieira and Sissoko reminds me of him.

6. I wouldn´t save the money. We gained hell a lot of money last summer from transfers and we lost many class players. We need to replace them if we want the Scudetto. I have no patience to wait another 4-5 years for winning trophies.

These are my 2 $.... :pint:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Thanks.

1. Alou Diarra? I haven´t seen much of him. I know he was brought to replace Mamadou Diarra who went to Real Madrid, right? If he filled his position like he was supposed so, then I´d take him.

2. You think we are thin on CF? Well that´s true, but to me Zalayeta is not a decent cover-up for him. I would like someone cheap and young, for example, Pazzini.

3. I cannot really judge Grygera, but I heard he is better at defensive tasks than attacking ones. So I would put him in the centre of defense and move Salihamidzic to the right because he is good in attacking and defending.

4. Diego is good. I mentioned him as an example because of his style. I´m dying to see another Kaka/Zidane/Rui Costa in our team if you know what I mean,so I would adjust the formation for than kind of a player. The Italian league became quite boring with usually 2 DMC´s. The price on that kind of player is usually high, but I would give it. With no risk there is no profit.

5. About DMC - I don´t really care who we get as long as he is tough. He has to be tough, that is most important. And Sissoko is a beast. I am a fan of Patrick Vieira and Sissoko reminds me of him.

6. I wouldn´t save the money. We gained hell a lot of money last summer from transfers and we lost many class players. We need to replace them if we want the Scudetto. I have no patience to wait another 4-5 years for winning trophies.

These are my 2 $.... :pint:
Alou Diarra (after some further recent research) plays for Lyon and is 25. He was on the France WC squad and played against Italy in the finals (as a 2nd half sub for Viera). He is 1.90m, a beast and more experienced than Sissoko. Sissoko is only 20 and would be a great addition to the team. My feeling though, is Diarra would be a regular starter if he came here and would play the Viera role immediately and not need to grow any further to service our needs. I think Mavuba is too much finess and Sissoko is too inexperienced. Diarra is my first choice from there. I do to, want someone tough at DMF.

Del Piero to me is a trequarista and not a CF. Pazzini would be a player that I would like to have, but at the same time I think I would like to see someone with a larger frame. Bojinov and Palladino are on the shorter side and although very good to bring in at times, it is always best to get some tall strong CF's to work with the finessing brilliance of Del Piero.

I am not so familiar with Sali's defending skills, therefore leaving me a bit unsure about lining him up there when I did my formation. I like to leave him on the bench, because he is a very versatile player and could make opposing coaches question DD's tactics when Sali is warming up. I think we could bring him in at SMF when we are tied or ahead and at SB when we are behind or tied depending on the circumstance. He is a very good signing for us for that reason. I would start Grygera over him because I like to defend first. We can always sub Gryg out for Sali if we need to push up the attack.

I like Diego as well, although I think, while is young and has a bright future, he may not be able to be as effective in a highly defensive league just yet. I do prefer 2 DMF's and I think it is a system that works well for juve. Perhaps a player like Diego could play in Del Piero's role as a playmaker. Now that I think of it, I have grown more fond of bringing Diego here for that position. I think with the tutelage of Del Piero, Diego could fit in nicely.

If you had the extra money after you built your Juve 2007-2008 team, who would you buy right before the season. I would like to see Barzagli, Ribery, Amauri or Toni depending on the money left over.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I´d like them both, 2 jewels from Werder. :tup:
Without a doubt, both of Klose and Diego will add a lot to the squad. The former is motivated to play for us besides being a world class striker and the latter will supply us with the required creativity.

Apparently the rumour concerns a double deal. 25mil +zalayeta and bojinov for Diego and Klose. Naldo and Mertesacker are also of interest.
First of all, where did you read that, Dominic? Secondly, Is the deal in pounds or euros?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
If you had the extra money after you built your Juve 2007-2008 team, who would you buy right before the season. I would like to see Barzagli, Ribery, Amauri or Toni depending on the money left over.
Hmmm... a tough decision, but if I have to choose it would be either Amauri or Ribery.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Werder Bremen wants to establish a team that can regurlarly compete for the title in Bundesliga and which has realistic chances to be within the last 16 of CL. I don't think they will sell more than one of their star players. Now we are linked with Klose, Diego, Frings, Mertesacker and Naldo.

Klose hasn't empressed against strong opponents so far. He didn't score in CL, he didn't score in the important Bundesliga games against Schalke and Stuttgart, for Germany he only scored against "small" countries (except for Argentina). I'm not sure he can deliver although he has all the tools for sure. Mertesacker is new at Bremen and has still to prove himself in my opinion. Same goes for Naldo. Frings failed at Bayern and is not the type of player for big clubs. But maybe this has changed. He is a fighter. Diego is often selfish, doens't do much when the other team has the ball and might not be physical strong enough. So all of them would be a gamble, but I guess we are not in a position to buy players who have proved themselves for years on top level. Out of the Bremen players I prefer Frings.

Other topic: A regional newspaper from the Dortmund area reports that Metzelder has already agreed to terms with Inter Milan.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Werder Bremen wants to establish a team that can regurlarly compete for the title in Bundesliga and which has realistic chances to be within the last 16 of CL. I don't think they will sell more than one of their star players. Now we are linked with Klose, Diego, Frings, Mertesacker and Naldo.

Klose hasn't empressed against strong opponents so far. He didn't score in CL, he didn't score in the important Bundesliga games against Schalke and Stuttgart, for Germany he only scored against "small" countries (except for Argentina). I'm not sure he can deliver although he has all the tools for sure. Mertesacker is new at Bremen and has still to prove himself in my opinion. Same goes for Naldo. Frings failed at Bayern and is not the type of player for big clubs. But maybe this has changed. He is a fighter. Diego is often selfish, doens't do much when the other team has the ball and might not be physical strong enough. So all of them would be a gamble, but I guess we are not in a position to buy players who have proved themselves for years on top level. Out of the Bremen players I prefer Frings.

Other topic: A regional newspaper from the Dortmund area reports that Metzelder has already agreed to terms with Inter Milan.
I haven't watched Klose a lot in the Bundesliga to judge him fairly but in the last two WC, he was brilliant, that's why I say that he maybe a good addition to our front line.

Addressing the bold part, I do believe that football itself is some sort of gambling. You can't guarantee that a star of team A will be 100% the same star in team B, it depends on lots of factors including the player's motivation, the new tactics and formation, the harmony with the rest of the squad, is he regular or not, etc....

Regarding Frings and Diego's issue, Bayern Munich were the one who lost one of Europe's best destroyers, and the evidence for that is that they haven't signed a defensive midfielder of Frings value bar Martin Demichelis who is himself is injury prone as well as Hargreaves, most of us watched the WC and saw how the entire squad performance was affected when Frings was suspended. In my opinion, Diego is still young and for the selfishness thing, it is a curable disease, I remember Cristiano Ronaldo in the last couple of season and when I watch him nowadays, I compare his performance this season to that of the past, the guy has matured a lot.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Diego´s role is not to fight for the balls, it is to create chances and distribute balls.

And I disagree he is weak. If Cassano and Del Piero weren´t weak for Serie A, why should he be? After all, he is as strong as these two are.....

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I do like the idea of bringing in Ribery. He will be a valuable player to Juventus for years to come. I think that he will eventually replace Nedved. The next thing we need to think about is a player to share time with Del Piero. I think this will be a big opening as the Serie A season wears on. We need a creative mind to fill his shoes.

One player I was also curious about is D'Agostino. I think he has a very creative mind and may be a good fit for Juventus. Not so much in the Del Piero role, but more so as a Left or Central Midfielder.

What do you guys think?

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
I haven't watched Klose a lot in the Bundesliga to judge him fairly but in the last two WC, he was brilliant, that's why I say that he maybe a good addition to our front line.

Addressing the bold part, I do believe that football itself is some sort of gambling. You can't guarantee that a star of team A will be 100% the same star in team B, it depends on lots of factors including the player's motivation, the new tactics and formation, the harmony with the rest of the squad, is he regular or not, etc....

Regarding Frings and Diego's issue, Bayern Munich were the one who lost one of Europe's best destroyers, and the evidence for that is that they haven't signed a defensive midfielder of Frings value bar Martin Demichelis who is himself is injury prone as well as Hargreaves, most of us watched the WC and saw how the entire squad performance was affected when Frings was suspended. In my opinion, Diego is still young and for the selfishness thing, it is a curable disease, I remember Cristiano Ronaldo in the last couple of season and when I watch him nowadays, I compare his performance this season to that of the past, the guy has matured a lot.
:agree:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Gila and Trez swap clubs?
Thursday 1 March, 2007
After being linked to Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose, Juventus have reportedly set their sights on Alberto Gilardino to replace David Trezeguet.

The Bianconeri have always had a link to the former Parma striker, who used to be a Juve fan as a child, and Gilardino is now at the top of their wanted list for the summer transfer window.

During January Milan were thought to be interested in David Trezeguet, so it is inevitably being rumoured that the two clubs could come to an exchange agreement over the pair.

Gila is yet to find his best form at the San Siro, despite being in his second season there. The arrival of Ronaldo has threatened to limit his playing time and the frequent Ronaldinho rumours have forced Gilardino to consider his future.

The negotiations could also include Juve ’keeper Gianluigi Buffon. It is no secret that the Rossoneri are looking for possible replacements for Nelson Dida as the Brazilian will be a free agent in June.

It will be hard to convince Juventus though, and it is claimed that the only way they will get the goalie would be by offering the 25-year-old striker, who has a contract with Milan until 2011.

“It is more important who is here right now than who will come here this summer,” commented Bianconeri defender Federico Balzaretti.

“It isn’t great to hear so many names linked to Juventus and it is not fair towards the players who have decided to stay and give their all to earn promotion to Serie A.

“If we want to win the Scudetto we will need some new players, but at the moment we would be as good as Palermo or even better. That’s why I believe that the base of the new team should be the current one,” he concluded.

Meanwhile, Alberto Gilardino isn’t the only name on the Bianconeri shopping list.
Coach Didier Deschamps has also asked for an attacking midfielder with Portuguese star Deco and French revelation Franck Ribery leading the candidates.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Gila and Trez swap clubs?
Thursday 1 March, 2007
After being linked to Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose, Juventus have reportedly set their sights on Alberto Gilardino to replace David Trezeguet.

The Bianconeri have always had a link to the former Parma striker, who used to be a Juve fan as a child, and Gilardino is now at the top of their wanted list for the summer transfer window.

During January Milan were thought to be interested in David Trezeguet, so it is inevitably being rumoured that the two clubs could come to an exchange agreement over the pair.

Gila is yet to find his best form at the San Siro, despite being in his second season there. The arrival of Ronaldo has threatened to limit his playing time and the frequent Ronaldinho rumours have forced Gilardino to consider his future.

The negotiations could also include Juve ’keeper Gianluigi Buffon. It is no secret that the Rossoneri are looking for possible replacements for Nelson Dida as the Brazilian will be a free agent in June.

It will be hard to convince Juventus though, and it is claimed that the only way they will get the goalie would be by offering the 25-year-old striker, who has a contract with Milan until 2011.

“It is more important who is here right now than who will come here this summer,” commented Bianconeri defender Federico Balzaretti.

“It isn’t great to hear so many names linked to Juventus and it is not fair towards the players who have decided to stay and give their all to earn promotion to Serie A.

“If we want to win the Scudetto we will need some new players, but at the moment we would be as good as Palermo or even better. That’s why I believe that the base of the new team should be the current one,” he concluded.

Meanwhile, Alberto Gilardino isn’t the only name on the Bianconeri shopping list.
Coach Didier Deschamps has also asked for an attacking midfielder with Portuguese star Deco and French revelation Franck Ribery leading the candidates.
I would definetly agree to a Gila-Trez swap (maybe some money extra for us), but they won't get Gigi. Trez decreased his worth a lot and so it maybe a good idea to exchance him with with Gila, who will perhaps find his best form again when wearing our jersey. Trez wants to leave, he is not young anymore and does not play very well. So Why not?

Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)