More players for next season . (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Next year, when Juventus walks onto the pitch for their first game back in serie a, they need to have an upgraded player staff in order to compete immediately at the highest level. In my opinion, the following are things to take into consideration.

GOALKEEPER:

There is no doubt that Buffon is the best goal keeper in the world. He is a crucial part of the future success of this club and retaining him in Juve at all costs should be the ultimate goal. I see moving forward without Buffon to be a very tough feat.

DEFENSE:

Kovac and Boumsong are NOT an ideal setup for center backs when we move up. In my opinion, Barzagli is a MUST buy. If Cannavaro does return it would be great to see him alongside Barzagli. But, if it came down to whom would be a better pickup between the two, I would say hands-down Barzagli. Barzagli represents the future and "could" provide us with some great future years. I like the height of Metzelder to play alongside Barzagli and Kovac in a backup role.

At side back chiellini should be locked in. Grygera would be a very good RB, but if Zambrotta comes back we would have to drop Grygera into a backup role. I think the defense is a big weakness for Juve when we make our return. We MUST play our traditional defensive style. Results and integrity are more important that entertainment.

MIDFIELD:

Although Paro has shown some great things in the second division, I think he will struggle at first in serie a. In my opinion, we must put a veteran next to him if Paro is indeed going to start. Zanetti is a good backup, but cannot start a full season next year. Nedved might serve Juve well next season if he can drop into the center and play alongside Paro. I think that would really be a good combo to have the grit of Nedved alongside the creativity of Paro.

On the flanks I think Camoranesi does a very good job. Yes he is a bit inconsistent, but he is very good at gaining offensive depth and controlling the ball in the offensive corners. Between Marchionni, Salihamidzic and, yes, Balzaretti, I think we can have some good compliments and backups to Mauro. However, the left flank in my opinion is up for grabs. Ribery would be a great character to put there. In another post I suggested Mauro Esposito or Gaetano D'Agostino. I still like those choices.

FORWARDS:

Del Piero is an all time great, but I don't think he can put in the time he is now when we get to the next level. He needs a solid compliment and although Palladino has shown great potential, I just don't think he is ready. Bojinov looks really good, but will probably leave in the summer because DD wont play him. So whom do we put in there to compliment Del Piero. I know in my last post I suggested Cassano because of his clutch performance, skill and footballing mentallity, but I do agree that he could create problems in the dressing room. So, I ask, who besides Cassano can be the creative, clutch, offensive spirit to share playing time with an all time great like Del Piero. We need another trequarista.

Trezeguet wants out. Yes he is very good. Yes he fit Juve well. But he does not want to be here anymore and quite frankly if he is suddenly too good to stay with us than why try to keep him. I think Luca Toni is the best choice. He constantly leads Serie A in goals (toughest league to score in), was amazing in the world cup and has the size, presence and clutch abilities we need. Who else has these capabilities? We need height here and someone who just has to sit inside the box and take passes from the playmakers behind them, turn and score.

Well, what do you guys think? Lets re-spark this thread with some intersting postings instead of just bickering. What holes do you think we need to fill, and who can fill them in your mind?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

tonykart said:
Although Paro has shown some great things in the second division, I think he will struggle at first in serie a. In my opinion, we must put a veteran next to him if Paro is indeed going to start. Zanetti is a good backup, but cannot start a full season next year.
I think you underestimate Zanetti, why couldn't he start next season? He is the best cm we currently have and has the performances from this year to prove it. Paro can be a backup for Zanetti, not the other way around. But we do need another good mc, as them two won't cut it. I would have loved Mascerano to come but Mavuba seems a interesting prospect for us. Anywho, Zanetti is a sure starter next year IMO, he is more than capable and definetly deserves it.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Next year, when Juventus walks onto the pitch for their first game back in serie a, they need to have an upgraded player staff in order to compete immediately at the highest level. In my opinion, the following are things to take into consideration.

GOALKEEPER:

There is no doubt that Buffon is the best goal keeper in the world. He is a crucial part of the future success of this club and retaining him in Juve at all costs should be the ultimate goal. I see moving forward without Buffon to be a very tough feat.

DEFENSE:

Kovac and Boumsong are NOT an ideal setup for center backs when we move up. In my opinion, Barzagli is a MUST buy. If Cannavaro does return it would be great to see him alongside Barzagli. But, if it came down to whom would be a better pickup between the two, I would say hands-down Barzagli. Barzagli represents the future and "could" provide us with some great future years. I like the height of Metzelder to play alongside Barzagli and Kovac in a backup role.

At side back chiellini should be locked in. Grygera would be a very good RB, but if Zambrotta comes back we would have to drop Grygera into a backup role. I think the defense is a big weakness for Juve when we make our return. We MUST play our traditional defensive style. Results and integrity are more important that entertainment.

MIDFIELD:

Although Paro has shown some great things in the second division, I think he will struggle at first in serie a. In my opinion, we must put a veteran next to him if Paro is indeed going to start. Zanetti is a good backup, but cannot start a full season next year. Nedved might serve Juve well next season if he can drop into the center and play alongside Paro. I think that would really be a good combo to have the grit of Nedved alongside the creativity of Paro.

On the flanks I think Camoranesi does a very good job. Yes he is a bit inconsistent, but he is very good at gaining offensive depth and controlling the ball in the offensive corners. Between Marchionni, Salihamidzic and, yes, Balzaretti, I think we can have some good compliments and backups to Mauro. However, the left flank in my opinion is up for grabs. Ribery would be a great character to put there. In another post I suggested Mauro Esposito or Gaetano D'Agostino. I still like those choices.

FORWARDS:

Del Piero is an all time great, but I don't think he can put in the time he is now when we get to the next level. He needs a solid compliment and although Palladino has shown great potential, I just don't think he is ready. Bojinov looks really good, but will probably leave in the summer because DD wont play him. So whom do we put in there to compliment Del Piero. I know in my last post I suggested Cassano because of his clutch performance, skill and footballing mentallity, but I do agree that he could create problems in the dressing room. So, I ask, who besides Cassano can be the creative, clutch, offensive spirit to share playing time with an all time great like Del Piero. We need another trequarista.

Trezeguet wants out. Yes he is very good. Yes he fit Juve well. But he does not want to be here anymore and quite frankly if he is suddenly too good to stay with us than why try to keep him. I think Luca Toni is the best choice. He constantly leads Serie A in goals (toughest league to score in), was amazing in the world cup and has the size, presence and clutch abilities we need. Who else has these capabilities? We need height here and someone who just has to sit inside the box and take passes from the playmakers behind them, turn and score.

Well, what do you guys think? Lets re-spark this thread with some intersting postings instead of just bickering. What holes do you think we need to fill, and who can fill them in your mind?
I disagree on Toni, Zanetti and "defensive play" but you pretty much have a point about other things.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I think you underestimate Zanetti, why couldn't he start next season? He is the best cm we currently have and has the performances from this year to prove it. Paro can be a backup for Zanetti, not the other way around. But we do need another good mc, as them two won't cut it. I would have loved Mascerano to come but Mavuba seems a interesting prospect for us. Anywho, Zanetti is a sure starter next year IMO, he is more than capable and definetly deserves it.
I think its essential to bring in someone with a bit of experience to hold up the midfield.I dont know if Mavuba would be the one
Roberto Baggio is the best example for not to make this kind of mistake twice.
huh?

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Well was Baggio worth 35million like fiorentina wants for Toni? We can spend that money much better buy buying young talents and keep 3 of serie A en B best players. Toni ,well he can score and is always dangerous but he is slow and when he make a circle with the ball it looks like he is glued too the ground ,he does like 10seconds too turn.And i dont think Baggio was theyre best player because i remember some Batistuta? or am i confussed now ?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Baggio´s selling to Juve is considered as Fiorentina´s biggest mistake in history, they won´t repeat it with selling Toni to Juventus, no matter how much money we are willing to spend (BTW I think that sum is not very large).

I also think Toni is not to keen on Juventus.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I think its essential to bring in someone with a bit of experience to hold up the midfield.I dont know if Mavuba would be the one
I agree but don't you think Zanetti has enough experience? Perhaps he's not a world class dmc, a la Vieira/Emerson, but he's very good and coupled with Paro and Mavuba, two very promising youngsters, he would form a pretty good rotation trio.

Which experienced player did you have in mind? Returno of Emerson? I'd have no problem with that TBH, though I'd like Mavuba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)