More players for next season . (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Malouda opens Viola door
Thursday 15 February, 2007
Lyon star Florent Malouda would consider a summer transfer to Fiorentina, his agent has confirmed.

The French international has been linked with a Viola switch and Philippe Flavier is failing to rule out a Tuscan future for his client.

“We are aware that Fiorentina are interested in him, although there hasn’t been any official contact between us,” Flavier stated.

“Would he ponder a move to the club? Why not?”

But Malouda, a left-sided midfielder, is a wanted man and Fiorentina will face some peninsula interest if they do make a move for the player.

“There are a lot of clubs who are keen on him, especially the two Milan teams,” continued the representative.

“However, I have to remind everyone that the player has a contract with Lyon which doesn’t expire until 2010.”

Malouda, who was also associated with a switch to Juventus late last year, has scored seven Ligue 1 goals in 22 games so far this term.

The Frenchman is valued at something in between £6 and £9m.

channel4

IMO he would be a great addition to our squad and his price is pretty reasonable.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I think we should concentrate on building our defence, that's a priority. Robinho is good but I would pay 15 mils 4 Barzagli not 4 Robinho[i know that 15 is too low for robinho..], because we are well covered in attacking options, wingers so-so, but defence if !!!!, becks r OK bu CB, only Kovac is good 4 substitue.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Top clubs eye Necid

Several top clubs - including Real Madrid, Arsenal and Juventus - are being linked with Slavia Prague youngster Tomas Necid. The 17-year-old striker has impressed playing for the Czech youth team and is already being tipped for a big move.

Necid is already physically ready to play in one of Europe's top leagues, standing at six foot three inches tall and 13 stone, and despite only featuring from the bench for Slavia this season has scored two league goals.

He came to prominence playing for the Czech Republic Under-17's run in the European Championships in 2006 - where they were beaten finalists to Russia - scoring five goals including the equaliser in a final that finished 2-2.

Among the clubs rumoured to be lining up bids for the teen are Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventus, Lazio, Deportivo, Ajax, Werder Bremen, Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg.

He has specified a preference for the English Premier League and the Czech Republic's EU status will facilitate such a move.

Eurosport

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I do prefer players between 25 and 29 in this period. At that age, they are supposed to be in their top form, neither young nor old and have the required experience to lead the team and to adapt quickly.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I do prefer players between 25 and 29 in this period. At that age, they are supposed to be in their top form, neither young nor old and have the required experience to lead the team and to adapt quickly.
its all about finding the right mixture at the end of the day, a blend of youth and experience that has the maturity to win hard games/close out games when wwe are on top, yet also has teh zest and vigour of youth with the hunger to prove themselves good enough for juve

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
its all about finding the right mixture at the end of the day, a blend of youth and experience that has the maturity to win hard games/close out games when wwe are on top, yet also has teh zest and vigour of youth with the hunger to prove themselves good enough for juve
Promising youngsters are always desperate to prove themselves, I agree. But as you said it is all about finding the proper ones. We are already negotiating some young players like Pato and Canini, also we already captured Criscito. The point here is that players, who are between 25 and 28, are really expensive. Hence, I see that we should spend our transfer funds wisely.

Anyways, do you have any suggestions?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Promising youngsters are always desperate to prove themselves, I agree. But as you said it is all about finding the proper ones. We are already negotiating some young players like Pato and Canini, also we already captured Criscito. The point here is that players, who are between 25 and 28, are really expensive. Hence, I see that we should spend our transfer funds wisely.

Anyways, do you have any suggestions?
the problem is that at the moment we are linked to just about every player in the world who is not tied down to a 5 year contract. the problem is sorting out the wheat from the chaff.
although i agree with you in principle, i tend to think that most players 26-28 are slightly less expensive, sure they command higher transfer fees but older players 28+ tend to be eyeing their pension fund and have a track record so command excessive wage packets. i would rather buy someone mid 20's and have teh chance to make some sell-on money,rather than throw money at old players who will retire once their contracts expire.
that said i would love to see canna back, mainly to pass on his knowledge to the young defenders in our squad. who knows he may even be able to make boumsong improve enough to resemble a defender

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
the problem is that at the moment we are linked to just about every player in the world who is not tied down to a 5 year contract. the problem is sorting out the wheat from the chaff.
although i agree with you in principle, i tend to think that most players 26-28 are slightly less expensive, sure they command higher transfer fees but older players 28+ tend to be eyeing their pension fund and have a track record so command excessive wage packets. i would rather buy someone mid 20's and have teh chance to make some sell-on money,rather than throw money at old players who will retire once their contracts expire.
that said i would love to see canna back, mainly to pass on his knowledge to the young defenders in our squad. who knows he may even be able to make boumsong improve enough to resemble a defender
We are linked to dozens of players either in reality or just due to media's daily rumours. But the players, whom we are negotiating in real, are known to nearly all of us and I'll try to stick just to them when I discuss our transfers. The problem is that most of these players are either young players or 30 or +30 players like Gilberto, Ljunberg, Toni, etc.....Even though, I can accept old players in our front or back line. On the contrary, our team is in an urgent need to land a player like Frank Lampard, I don't see this specific bargain to take place at least in the upcoming summer. I know that his salary would be huge, but he deserves such an amount of money if he can make the difference and I think he can. Besides, we won't pay such a salary to every single player in the team, only four or five players are the ones who will have that high salary.

Regarding Cannavro's issue, I agree with you that he'd be very beneficial to our young defenders like Criscito and Chiellini. What is more, he can lead our defence, at least, for another 2 seasons. Yet, I do prefer to sign Metzelder to partner Cannavaro in our centre defence. A partnership which I see that it would be more than great.

Jul 23, 2006
Malouda opens Viola door
Thursday 15 February, 2007
Lyon star Florent Malouda would consider a summer transfer to Fiorentina, his agent has confirmed.

The French international has been linked with a Viola switch and Philippe Flavier is failing to rule out a Tuscan future for his client.

“We are aware that Fiorentina are interested in him, although there hasn’t been any official contact between us,” Flavier stated.

“Would he ponder a move to the club? Why not?”

But Malouda, a left-sided midfielder, is a wanted man and Fiorentina will face some peninsula interest if they do make a move for the player.

“There are a lot of clubs who are keen on him, especially the two Milan teams,” continued the representative.

“However, I have to remind everyone that the player has a contract with Lyon which doesn’t expire until 2010.”

Malouda, who was also associated with a switch to Juventus late last year, has scored seven Ligue 1 goals in 22 games so far this term.

The Frenchman is valued at something in between £6 and £9m.

channel4

IMO he would be a great addition to our squad and his price is pretty reasonable.
great replacement for nedved and he's cheap
juve should look to sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)