More players for next season . (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
I read in interview with Moggi, while he is stating that the changes in the Italian Futball Federation are not for good, he insisted that Lippi is not a man for an office job and he is going to coach a GREAT TEAM soon.

That sounds like Lippi will be back in Juventus next season as he could not coach a team from the middle of the season.

Having in mind that and the idea someone put already, that our board of directors took the fast and furious (but dangerous) route up - I would conclude a great selection is coming on it's way and a coach change will be made, just to ensure that these investments do not get lost. I would really doubt that 40-50 mil Euros are a problem even for Seria B Juventus, not to mention the whole calcioppoli scandal might brought our sponsors down, but we had an incredible fan support all around the world, and none were ashamed to wear JUVE JERSEY. And that does sell!!!
So selling a shitty club in UEFA/lower class in England for 240 Mil Pounds, really speaks a lot for a price of a clubs from JUVE class (if any).
No one should worry for big transfers - THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY.
IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
I read in interview with Moggi, while he is stating that the changes in the Italian Futball Federation are not for good, he insisted that Lippi is not a man for an office job and he is going to coach a GREAT TEAM soon.

That sounds like Lippi will be back in Juventus next season as he could not coach a team from the middle of the season.

Having in mind that and the idea someone put already, that our board of directors took the fast and furious (but dangerous) route up - I would conclude a great selection is coming on it's way and a coach change will be made, just to ensure that these investments do not get lost. I would really doubt that 40-50 mil Euros are a problem even for Seria B Juventus, not to mention the whole calcioppoli scandal might brought our sponsors down, but we had an incredible fan support all around the world, and none were ashamed to wear JUVE JERSEY. And that does sell!!!
So selling a shitty club in UEFA/lower class in England for 240 Mil Pounds, really speaks a lot for a price of a clubs from JUVE class (if any).
No one should worry for big transfers - THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY.
IMO.
do you think we will betray Deschamps?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I wasnt talking about this season, i meant the past two. He was outstanding and consistant throw out both of em. I'm sure his rough patch comes from problems burried within the squad rather than his talent disappearing into thin air.
there are such things as flash in a pans and coloccini is obviously one, deportivo havnt been a competative side in years, and besides i thought defenders are suppose to defend their goals, not leak them in, so i conclude, no to coloccini

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
there are such things as flash in a pans and coloccini is obviously one, deportivo havnt been a competative side in years, and besides i thought defenders are suppose to defend their goals, not leak them in, so i conclude, no to coloccini
Do you really know who he is? Avarage height, curly hair, ringing any bells? He didn't let balls past him, and Deportivo did good in defence. Yhe flash in a pan stuff is just ridiculus, just as this discussion.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
So far Didi has done his job and derserves to be our coach. We cannot always scream for Lippi to remember good old times (the 90s). With Deschamps we have a young coach who is hard working and might bring new coaching techniques to the club.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
tribal : Frings, 30, is seen by Juve management as a long-term successor in Didier Deschamps' midfield for Pavel Nedved.

What rubbish. At the age of 34 Nedved's physical condition is at least as good as Frings' and yet in Frings, a 30-year-old they see a long-term successor ????

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
tribal : Frings, 30, is seen by Juve management as a long-term successor in Didier Deschamps' midfield for Pavel Nedved.

What rubbish. At the age of 34 Nedved's physical condition is at least as good as Frings' and yet in Frings, a 30-year-old they see a long-term successor ????
its only rubish rumors :tdown:
Nedved is better and quicker than most of young players :agree:

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
So far Didi has done his job and derserves to be our coach. We cannot always scream for Lippi to remember good old times (the 90s). With Deschamps we have a young coach who is hard working and might bring new coaching techniques to the club.
Agreed, this season Juve is very very different from Crapello's regime ! p.s Look at the Real Madrid performances, a boring old fashioned coaching and style of play.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I said for a lond time capello's old 90's tactics no longer work in todays football. He's turned a skillful good to watch (at times) Real Madrid to a boring and predictable style football. Recreativo smashed them at the own back garden 3-0 not so long ago. Oh happy days!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Someone care to translate? It's from Tuttosport.

SI SCATENA IL POPOLO BIANCONERO
«Un nome per la panchina: Lapo...»

Non c’è bisogno di grandi nomi per fare una grande squadra: la Juve i campioni li ha già in casa. Basta tenerli. Poi, via libera al ritor*no di Emerson e un centrale forte: meglio Barzagli di Metzelder, il tedesco è bravo, ma è preferibile comprare un giocatore già col*laudato nel nostro campionato. Poi a me pia*ce tanto anche Felipe, uno che ha fisico, testa e piedi buoni.
_n>nobodyhiding@...
Bene Grygera, bene Salihamidzic, però ades*so ci vogliono i colpi pesanti. Sentivo di Sa*viola, sarebbe un grande acquisto. Ma Ma*scherano che fine ha fatto
Nick Gravellona Toce ( Verbania)
La società si deve dare una svegliata perché urgono rinforzi anche per la serie B. Siamo primi, è vero, ma non so quanto può funzio*nare. Non possiamo correre rischi: compria*mo subito un difensore, il ceco Grygera an*drebbe benissimo.
Elena, Savona
Vorrei indicare ai dirigenti bianconeri la for*mazione per il prossimo anno. Buffon; Ber*totto, Mexes, Barzagli, Felipe; Camoranesi, Zanetti, Mancini, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Pie*ro.
Giovanni S., Vercelli
Ecco la mia formazione: Buffon ( Peruzzi); Grygera, Barzagli, Cannavaro, Balzaretti; Mancini ( Marchionni), Zanetti, De Rossi, Nedved ( Palladino), Van Persie, Trezeguet.
Mario, Orbassano
La Juve dei nostri sogni: Buffon, Grygera, Heitinga, Barzagli, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Zanetti, Nedved, Ribery; Del Piero Trezeguet. Allenatore: Lapo Elkann!
Davide, Mily e il piccolo Alex
Questa la mia Juve: Buffon; Grygera, Barza*gli, Mexes, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Mavuba, Emerson, Nedved; Huntelaar, Klose.
Ennio Ceccarini, Pisa
Diamo fiducia ai giovani: Mirante; Grygera, Samuel, Barzagli, Chiellini; Marchionni, Ma*scherano, Paro, Nedved ( Rosicky); Klose, Te*vez.
Mario

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Someone care to translate? It's from Tuttosport.

SI SCATENA IL POPOLO BIANCONERO
«Un nome per la panchina: Lapo...»

Non c’è bisogno di grandi nomi per fare una grande squadra: la Juve i campioni li ha già in casa. Basta tenerli. Poi, via libera al ritor*no di Emerson e un centrale forte: meglio Barzagli di Metzelder, il tedesco è bravo, ma è preferibile comprare un giocatore già col*laudato nel nostro campionato. Poi a me pia*ce tanto anche Felipe, uno che ha fisico, testa e piedi buoni.
_n>nobodyhiding@...
Bene Grygera, bene Salihamidzic, però ades*so ci vogliono i colpi pesanti. Sentivo di Sa*viola, sarebbe un grande acquisto. Ma Ma*scherano che fine ha fatto
Nick Gravellona Toce ( Verbania)
La società si deve dare una svegliata perché urgono rinforzi anche per la serie B. Siamo primi, è vero, ma non so quanto può funzio*nare. Non possiamo correre rischi: compria*mo subito un difensore, il ceco Grygera an*drebbe benissimo.
Elena, Savona
Vorrei indicare ai dirigenti bianconeri la for*mazione per il prossimo anno. Buffon; Ber*totto, Mexes, Barzagli, Felipe; Camoranesi, Zanetti, Mancini, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Pie*ro.
Giovanni S., Vercelli
Ecco la mia formazione: Buffon ( Peruzzi); Grygera, Barzagli, Cannavaro, Balzaretti; Mancini ( Marchionni), Zanetti, De Rossi, Nedved ( Palladino), Van Persie, Trezeguet.
Mario, Orbassano
La Juve dei nostri sogni: Buffon, Grygera, Heitinga, Barzagli, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Zanetti, Nedved, Ribery; Del Piero Trezeguet. Allenatore: Lapo Elkann!
Davide, Mily e il piccolo Alex
Questa la mia Juve: Buffon; Grygera, Barza*gli, Mexes, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Mavuba, Emerson, Nedved; Huntelaar, Klose.
Ennio Ceccarini, Pisa
Diamo fiducia ai giovani: Mirante; Grygera, Samuel, Barzagli, Chiellini; Marchionni, Ma*scherano, Paro, Nedved ( Rosicky); Klose, Te*vez.
Mario
some fans and their dream formation I guess, not important.

Apr 29, 2006
I say DD and Lippi and mourinho and Wenger for a season or five
I wouldn't be so sarcastic if I were you. I don't know how realism ended up like a pessimism in your mind.

1st Lippi would not be a coach for the next 5 years. He is not looking to 'continue' and 'develop' his carrer. The guy just want to work, where and what he likes. And saying that you know which team lies in his heart. For me, he would be really satisfied if he could pull the next tricks
1st year - Champions of Seria A
2nd year - final CL(winner?)
That would once again proove to the world, WC was no luck at all and Juventus will always be Juventus, not a regular team with higher goals/budget.

2nd DD is not ready to make it with team like Juventus yet and he is showing that to the world. Yes he is good, but fu*k me if I cannot beat Seria B teams with our squad. While I consider it a different melody in Seria A next year. Besides he might have done well in France (well enough) but let's not forget the difference of expectations there and here. If he goes to a 1/2 final in CL and finishes 3rd in Italy would that satisfy Juve fans???

MY ANSWER IS NO!!!

And one more point, how many members of the board of directors will allow him to ride the financial wave to the top (if there is one, of course)??? I would say NONE.

We trust, love and honour DD for what he does, but that does not mean to give him the chance to ruin sth much bigger than himself.:pint: :pint: :pint:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I wouldn't be so sarcastic if I were you. I don't know how realism ended up like a pessimism in your mind.

1st Lippi would not be a coach for the next 5 years. He is not looking to 'continue' and 'develop' his carrer. The guy just want to work, where and what he likes. And saying that you know which team lies in his heart. For me, he would be really satisfied if he could pull the next tricks
1st year - Champions of Seria A
2nd year - final CL(winner?)
That would once again proove to the world, WC was no luck at all and Juventus will always be Juventus, not a regular team with higher goals/budget.

2nd DD is not ready to make it with team like Juventus yet and he is showing that to the world. Yes he is good, but fu*k me if I cannot beat Seria B teams with our squad. While I consider it a different melody in Seria A next year. Besides he might have done well in France (well enough) but let's not forget the difference of expectations there and here. If he goes to a 1/2 final in CL and finishes 3rd in Italy would that satisfy Juve fans???

MY ANSWER IS NO!!!

And one more point, how many members of the board of directors will allow him to ride the financial wave to the top (if there is one, of course)??? I would say NONE.

We trust, love and honour DD for what he does, but that does not mean to give him the chance to ruin sth much bigger than himself.:pint: :pint: :pint:
You underestimate the board's faith in DD, honestly if it wasn't Marcelo Lippi we are talking about here, I would say there is 0% chance of DD leaving next season. But considering its Lippi, I would leave 10% towards that possibility.

Although IMO, the reasons for such a change would not be because the boards lack of faith towards DD, I think the board would trust him with huge investments. However, a coach of Lippi's stature especially his history with Juve, is too GREAT to pass by. That is the only reason for the change.

DD has done great IMO, and no, I doubt YOU can coach the current team with the same results.

Again, the only reason for a change is to make an immediate BANG upon arrival. Imagine our rivals in serie A when they read the big players we've just signed and Legendary Lippi at the helm. That alone is a huge pshycological win.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I also don´t think DD is doing a fantastic job for now, but we are on the right track now with 2 wins in a row.

And if we manage to win 4-5 games more in a row, I think we can separate from our rivals.

IMO Juve needs to work on their away games. In the history Juve was always known as good visitors, a dangerous team when playing away, but in the last 6-7 away games we beat only Bologna, and may I say luckily.

Second thing is that I think DD can (must) do much better with a stronger squad next season if Juve gets some players on DD´s wish-list.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Assessing Didier Deschamps is a little difficult. For one, understandably, the Juventus board was right to be cautious in its approach towards signings in the close season as well as this January window. He almost certainly has been told, especially pror to the announcement of the points penalty reduction, that his spending would be severely curtailed. Obviously the points reduction has since changed this, culminating in the recent Cobolli statement of 50 million to be spent during 1/7 -1/8 on new players and ground redevelopment.

All the foregoing meant that DD was operating with a mix of experience and untried youth. To some extent he has been experimenting, with caution, to try to develop players like Paro, Marchisio and De Ceglie. Risky, because the failure to get immediate promotion to Serie A would have a devestating impact on medium term finances.

Neverthess, he has done a good job ( as far as can be seen - without knowing what's exactly going on behind the scenes) in galvanizing the squad to believe that they will be league champions in May. This despite injury setbacks, the bizarre behaviour of Jonathan Zebina, the Pessotto affair, odd anti-Juve refereeing decisions and so on.

I'm sure that tactically Didier has made some mistakes. They have been referred to by many on the match reports by others on this site, some calling for his resignation during and after the Mantova match That said, I think he has done well. The pressure to achieve results is great. Much greater than we realize.

The recent signings of Grygera, Criscito and Salihamidzic are an encouraging start. The willingness of the board to shell out on players like Klose, Frings and Metzelder should convince the sceptics and doubters that Juventus will be immediate serious contenders for Serie A titlenext season.

In the meantime any talk NOW of Marcelo Lippi taking over the hot seat would be interpreted as betrayal to someone who has, by and large, done a good job in difficult circumstances.

I too would love to see him back in Turin. I don'y know of there is room for Deschamps, Secco and Lippi.. Perhaps there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)