Montero will leave this summer (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Débora_BR ] ++
FINALLY!
Oh FFS, the player has delivered alot to this team, show some Respect although he was playing really bad latley but he's a champions, won alot of things with us. So lets just Salut the player and thank him.

Grazie Paolo:touched:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Oh FFS, the player has delivered alot to this team, show some Respect although he was playing really bad latley but he's a champions, won alot of things with us. So lets just Salut the player and thank him.

Grazie Paolo:touched:
I'm for that type of behavior too.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Some people don't realise that even the greatest players "die" some day. Paolo was one of the best we've had, and he's been with us for 9 years.

He just aged.

Dec 26, 2004
At your pick you were a real Dreadful, few players in the world were brave enough to get pass you...
And you will keep your "Red Card record for Serie A" unless Totti decide to compete your record...
Forza Montero we will never forget you :touched:

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Although i thought he played like crap the last 3 years, he used to be incredibly good with Ferrara when they were younger. Very solid. And a soldier of Juve

So thanks for everything Paolo and good luck!

He should cut down a bit on the red cards though :p

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Me too Zhi, me too. But he wants to play a little more, so we have to let him go.

Thanks again and again Paolo.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
After Ciro, now Paolo. Time to rejuvenate the defense.
:D!Rejuvenate!:D Thats such a nice word!

Thanks Paolo for the good and fantastico years, and also the bad years!

I would prefer to see him in the Bundesliga, to play for... uh? Leverkusen or Wolfsburg!:D

Good Luck in Spain

Forza Juve
Forza Montero!!

ciao

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
Red cards or not, the only thing i want to see from a defender is that he sacrifices himself for the team, but in style and not to screw up for the team.

Thanks for everything PM, you wont be forgotten.

A bit fat NO to Kovac, yes to a young promising italian defender.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Football Italia:

Montero quits Serie A Tuesday 17 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paolo Montero has announced this will be his last season at Juventus and admits he’s looking to finish his career abroad.

“I think that my era in Italy has come to an end,” said the veteran defender. “I have barely set foot on the field this year and feel ill at ease in this situation.”

The arrival of Fabio Cannavaro from Inter in the summer has pushed the 33-year-old on to the bench, as Fabio Capello prefers to stick with his favoured back line.

“I don’t have a problem with Capello, it’s just that my teammates played very well and deserved to start every game. I am happy to end my Serie A career with a Scudetto, though it doesn’t really feel like mine as I didn’t put in too much input.”

Montero has been in Italy since 1992, when he joined Atalanta, and has picked up the unenviable statistic as the player with the most red cards in Serie A history. The Uruguayan will be out of contract in the summer and is looking to move abroad.

“I think that I can play for another two years yet and would like to experience La Liga. I have always been intrigued by Spanish football and think I can fit in there. My dream is to end my career at Penarol, the club I started out with, but there is time for that.”

Montero spent four seasons with Atalanta before joining Juventus during the 1996-97 campaign. He has notched up 300 Italian League appearances between Serie A and B

Grazie Paolo. Thx for the beautiful years. Good luck with the end of your carreer. And then have a deserved rest ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)