Montero May Be Headed To Fulham (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
PLANETFOOTBALL.COM

FRENCH full back Jean-Louis Montero has arrived in England to undergo a trial with Fulham, planetfootball.com can confirm.
The right back has travelled across the The Channel to train with the West London outfit and is hoping to earn a permanent deal.

The 32-year-old is vastly experienced, having played over 200 games in a career which has seen him turn out for Troyes, Lorient, Sedan and Guingamp - where he spent last season.

Montero has now been brought over by his English representative Craig Hutchison, who is working with the player's brother - who acts as his agent in France.

"They [Fulham] want to have a look at him, he is not close to being signed at this stage," Hutchison told planetfootball.com.

"He is spending the week there and having a good look around.

"It was just a case of Chris [Coleman] being informed of his availability and he agreed to have a look.

"He was supposed to sign for Paris Saint Germain in the summer, but they signed the lad from Monaco [Eric Cubiller] instead.

"He has been training with Lorient and a number of clubs in France have shown an interest, but we will have to see what happens."

Sochaux, Nantes and Nice are all said to be keen on landing Montero, but they will now have to wait to see how his trip to England transpires.

Montero is no stranger to England or London, having undergone a trial with Tottenham Hotspur in October 2001.

------------------------------------------------

Hehe sorry, I just thought the headline would grab your attentions :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I'm saying if the current team stays the same and Montero leaves.

Anyway I have seen few defenders with Montero's leadership and tactical awareness.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I'm saying if the current team stays the same and Montero leaves.

Anyway I have seen few defenders with Montero's leadership and tactical awareness.
and yet you've seen millions of players better than del piero :D

btw, lol saw your pics from cl final just yesterday (goddman lucky bastard) and i was quite surprised you didn't look like liam gallagher :D

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    I thought you had stopped with the stupid threads :rolleyes:
    oh cmoooon as if u wouldn't have posted it... i guess I was just bitter because I got fooled by the headline myself ;) It's a vicious cycle really...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if i read this headline 3 years ago, i would probably faint.

but i think Montero needs to be replaced anyway, he isnt what he used to be.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

and yet you've seen millions of players better than del piero :D

btw, lol saw your pics from cl final just yesterday (goddman lucky bastard) and i was quite surprised you didn't look like liam gallagher :D
    Millions of players? :rolleyes: I think I only mentioned Mutu as the player who I would like to replace DP. Don't think I mentioned anyone else.....yet ;)

Cheers for the comments on the pics. :LOL: I don't have that kind of haircut anymore. Maybe a year ago you would have told me I looked like him :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)