Montella eyes World Cup (3 Viewers)

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #61
    Monty targets German Finals Tuesday 8 February, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincenzo Montella intends to remain a fixture in the Italian national side until after the 2006 World Cup Finals.

"I’m here because of the goals I’ve scored this season," said the Roma striker ahead of the friendly against Russia. "I would like the opportunity to remain in the Azzurri set-up.

"I want to stay in the squad with the hope of making the German Finals because that is and will remain my objective."

Many thought that Montella was basically finished after a difficult couple of seasons in the Italian capital.

Roma tried to sell him in the summer but he’s responded with goals by netting 18 in 22 League games so far this term.

Montella’s career at the Olimpico was also complicated as a result of his relationship with former boss Fabio Capello.

The latter often dropped him to the bench despite his scoring record, a scenario that Alex Del Piero is now experiencing at Juventus.

"I understand Alex’s moment," commented the former Samp ace. "It is difficult to sit out games and just watch.

"But Alessandro has the characteristics to re-emerge and get through this difficult moment."

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #63
    The only question is: Will he be the same old Montella which fires so many goals next season?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Yes, but Vieri is a good player, and he hasnt had as many chances like last year, and Adriano is king right now at Inter, and he and Vieri can really play together, which is why Martins was used the most!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    The bicykle kick he scored few weeks ago effect his ego... soon u will hear him askin for the O'Balon :D
    Good idea !!!

Montella for Balon D'Oro !!!!!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Why do you like Montella so much? As soon as the next World Cup comes about he will disappear into his world of inconsistency.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Why do you like Montella so much? As soon as the next World Cup comes about he will disappear into his world of inconsistency.
    Why do you hate Montella so much ??

He wasnt given a chance at the last WC (dont you remember ??). so we'll see what he is all about until then

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

He will probably play some of the qualifying games, but i dont think he'll last till the summer of 2006, even though i'd like to see him in the team.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I think Montella will be very important. We need a type of player like him or Di Vaio in the team if we are to play good passing/attacking football. However, if Lippi ends up playing "hack the ball to the striker," then we'll probably see more of likes of Vieri, Toni, and Corradi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)