Montella eyes World Cup (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Montella was given the award for "Best Goal of the week" on the Fox soccer channel

In case you missed it, Andy, it was the game against Bologna on sunday, where he did receive a nice through ball from Cassano, and then proceeded to fake out Pagliuca and 2 defenders before he slammed the ball into the net

Congrats Vincenzo !!:thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
I think Montella will be very important. We need a type of player like him or Di Vaio in the team if we are to play good passing/attacking football. However, if Lippi ends up playing "hack the ball to the striker," then we'll probably see more of likes of Vieri, Toni, and Corradi.
Lippi deserves to be shot if Corradi is every even though of be called up, the biggest embarrasement in our history will be this 'Corradi, former Italy international'!!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Lippi deserves to be shot if Corradi is every even though of be called up, the biggest embarrasement in our history will be this 'Corradi, former Italy international'!!
Dont you think thats a bit of exaggeration :rolleyes:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Seriously? Did you watch him against Bulgaria? in Euro2004? You'd think for a player who isnt even a regular on the bench, he'd be doing everything to impress the coach, but no...he has to look like he is not bothered...well, not bothered, not worthy!!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Yes, i did see the game against Bulgaria. He didnt do anything wrong from what i saw. Vieri was the worst at the Euro with his bloody aimless headers.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Sorry, but Monty is still better than the inexperienced Gila
That wouldn't be the case come WC06.

On current form though,Montella deserves a place as much as anyone.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I think Gila could get ahead of Montella, there is still 1 & 1/2 seasons, but if both continue on the form, they should both go, but I think Gila deserve a chance, Trap was a fool to leave him at home for Euro2004!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Sorry, but Monty is still better than the inexperienced Gila
Please. In another year, once Gilardino moves to a big team like Milan, Il Aeroplano will crash outside of the Italian NT gates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)