Montella eyes World Cup (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Montella eyes World Cup call Monday 24 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reborn Roma ace Vincenzo Montella wants to lead Italy to World Cup glory in the summer of 2006.

"I don’t need to send any messages to Marcello Lippi, I’ll just let my performances do the talking," he stated.

"I obviously have World Cup ambitions and I will do everything possible in order to be a part of the tournament in Germany."

Montella made the statement after he increased his lead at the top of the Serie A scoring charts last night.

The former Sampdoria legend netted his 17th of the season as Roma collected an impressive 2-1 win at Fiorentina.

"It was a good victory, especially as we were losing 1-0," he added. "We’ve been playing well in recent weeks if you take out the derby.

"We have found some consistency and sooner or later we will catch up with the teams ahead of us in the table."

Roma are currently sixth but remarkably now only four points behind third-placed Udinese.

source: channel4.com

After his recent performances, I'm covinced that he should be in the Azzurri Squad. His performances have been superb so far, netting 17 goals in 20 games. He is back on fire again! Let's hope that Montella doesn't lose his form and continute scoring and bringing contribution for the Italy NT!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
The bicycle kick had it effect on his confidence.... next declaration he will ask for the O'Balon :D
no kiddin he deserve to have he call to the NT
Why not? If he continues like this, Montella for European Player Of The Year (a bit ahead of ourselves like though)

If Lippi doesnt talk him, I'll shot him!

Dec 26, 2004
wooo take it easy my friend he deserve to have his call to the NT but the o'Balon :eek:
he should play another 11 months on this form before even thinking about it ... u know that half season of good football r not enough my friend

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
I used to admire Montella.... my brother r Bayren Munich fan and he thinks Montella r the best italian attacker...
I'm sorry, I rarely do this, but... I'd really appreciate it if you could please say "is" instead of "r" where applicable? I see it everywhere these days and it's very off-putting. Thanks :)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'm sorry, I rarely do this, but... I'd really appreciate it if you could please say "is" instead of "r" where applicable? I see it everywhere these days and it's very off-putting. Thanks :)
Its the 'text messaging' generation, I'm afriad.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I want him in the Natioal Team. Imagine this:

----Cassano---Montella

-----------Totti

Mouwhahahhahaha :D

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I want him in the Natioal Team. Imagine this:

----Cassano---Montella

-----------Totti

Mouwhahahhahaha :D
I despise Romerda, but I'd love to see this for gli Azzurri.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I cant say I hate Roma. I love Totti, Montella, Cassano, De Rossi but that doesnt make me love Roma...

I love Maldini, Inzaghi, Vieri, Martins, Adriano etc. doesnt make me inter and Milan-fan...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I do NOT like Figo, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Guti and Michael Owen.

Anybody wanna guess what that makes me?

A candy to the one who figures this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)