Monaco’s Squillaci is eyeing a move to Juventus (2 Viewers)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Juve have Trez doubt

David Trezeguet may miss the Reggina game on Sunday. While Monaco’s Sebastien Squillaci is eyeing a move to Juventus.

The French international picked up a thigh strain in last night’s penalty shoot-out victory against Inter and he’ll undergo tests today.

Trezeguet did finish the match but he was visibly struggling in the second period of extra time with a problem.

Croatian international Igor Tudor also limped off the field on Thursday. He was replaced just seconds after scoring the goal that made it 1-1.

Meanwhile, the highly rated Squillaci is still being linked with a move to the Italian champions in the summer.

The 23-year-old defender was recently watched by the Juventus triad of Antonio Giraudo, Roberto Bettega and Luciano Moggi.

"I was aware of their presence in the crowd but I didn’t meet them," stated Squillaci, whose grandfather was born in Reggio Calabria.

"I know that Juventus have been looking at me for some time and that is very satisfying.

"But that hasn’t changed my life. I need to just do my best for Monaco right now even if I would love to play in Italy."

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Squillaci Flattered By Juve Interest

02/13/2004. Monaco defender Sebastien Squillaci is aware that he is being watched by Italian giants Juventus, and has not ruled out a summer move.

"I know that Juve have followed me for a long time and I am flattered," he said. "There is a season to end with Monaco, before taking any decisions. Sure, to play in Italy would appeal to me alot."

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Rickenbacker, thats big wraps. i have seen him play a few times, not enough to give him such praise. but yeah, any yougn defender shoing potential would be welcomed to juve right now.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I like Squillaci alot and we could definitely make good use of his services. He's still young, and very very promising. I say we snap him up, along with Trabelsi (free transfer) and one of Mexes, Lucio and Ferrari.

Jul 28, 2002
    Hmm a squilacci, mexes and trabelsi influx would without doubt sort our defensive problems for a long time.

-------------------Gigi--------------------

Trab-------Mexes---Squilacci--Zambro---

With Lilian, Tudor, biri and Legro we have a decent substitute bench.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if we get trabelsi, then i think only one will come in. thuram will be played in the centre again.

trabelsi--thuram--mexes--zambro

that would be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)