Monaco’s Squillaci is eyeing a move to Juventus (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2003
I would like to see Thuram playing in the centre where he prefers, rather than in the right... I mean c'mon he aint doin anything special in this position. If he plays like J Zanetti, or Mancini then he can stay there. But seriously i can't believe Lippi doesn't see how quite useless he is playing on the right. Birindelli plays better than him IMO. (as a right back)

Aug 1, 2003
Squillaci setback for Monaco
Monday, 16 February 2004
AS Monaco FC will be without defender Sébastien Squillaci with a leg injury for at least a month.

Muscle problem
The 23-year-old was hurt in the Ligue 1 leaders' 1-0 defeat by Lille OSC on Saturday, and a scan has revealed muscle damage to his right leg. Club doctor Eric Buracchi said: "Sébastien will be out for a month at least, depending on the speed of his recovery."

Giuly missing
The centre-back will definitely miss the UEFA Champions League first knockout round first-leg tie in Russia against FC Lokomotiv Moskva next Tuesday. Monaco are already deprived of captain Ludovic Giuly by a foot injury and also have loaned defender Sébastien Carole to English side West Ham United FC.

Good form
Squillaci made five appearances in the Champions League group stage as Monaco finished top of Group C. He has also been a regular in their domestic campaign, helping them to top spot in the table with 51 points from 24 games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)