Momo Sissoko (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stats can be misleading a bit, because most of his passes were very hard to control for the receiver and usually got the receiver to a bad or an uncomfortably position what lead to the lost possession. I'm my opinion he is a terrible passer of the ball.
Nah, dude. Stats tell the whole story. Who cares about watching the games.

Good riddance.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Stats can be misleading a bit, because most of his passes were very hard to control for the receiver and usually got the receiver to a bad or an uncomfortably position what lead to the lost possession. I'm my opinion he is a terrible passer of the ball.
But if Momo's passes are indeed too hard or bad for the receiver to control, wouldn't said receiver fail in doing so? Hence not counting as a successful pass?
Fact remains that his passing stats aren't that bad.

I guess there's a difference between what the fans & the public see and what actually happens. Personally, I also would have thought that the difference between, for example, Marchisio & Sissoko would have been bigger. But it isn't.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's probably because when he makes a bad one it really is terrible :D When Marchisio or Melo make a bad one it is intercepted or wide by a couple of yards, for Momo it really could be any kind of mishit pass.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Seems to be some kind of myth that everyone started believing.

Last season's percentages of successful passes:

Melo 85,7%
Marchisio 84,4%
Sissoko 82,9%
Aquilani 82,2%

Considering the kind of game Sissoko plays (when not injured :D), I'm perfectly fine with this percentage.

Statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing
- Ebbe Skovdahl.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Seems to be some kind of myth that everyone started believing.

Last season's percentages of successful passes:

Melo 85,7%
Marchisio 84,4%
Sissoko 82,9%
Aquilani 82,2%

Considering the kind of game Sissoko plays (when not injured :D), I'm perfectly fine with this percentage.
Interesting. The thing with Sissoko that makes it worse is where and when he gives away the ball. He loses the ball deep in our half or when we are trying to get out of our half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)