Momo Sissoko (7 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Could you show me numbers please? I still don't think his pass ratio is much worse than his team mates.
He has become official scape goat. I am still waiting for stats btw. Alen could show us some numbers maybe.
You should realize that everybody lose the ball at least once in game. Stats can prove you wrong. I am sure it's not much worse than others.
His pass ratio is much worse and what's particularly bad about it is that Sissoko shouldn't be the guy going for difficult passes. This means he's screwing up the easy ones too.
Just like I agree that Quag and Krasic also have 81% passing accuracy, Iaquinta has 82%, Pepe has 83%, Marchisio has 87% and Sissoko, yes Sissoko, has 86%.
just as i thought.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hmmm, I think that tells a wrong story, Turk. He played only 59 minutes in serie A. On all three matches he came in as a sub and those are in huge majority defensive passes back to the defense or to the man next to him.
I think that in EL we can see more and especially his attacking stats will tell a completely different story.
He's a very bad passer, no stat can fool those who watch him play. He doesn't try many complicated passes, but when he does his success rate is probably 1:5 or something.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But there is myth about that he can't make simple passes even if his life depends on it.
Depends on what you define as a 'simple' pass.

A professional player should consider a 30 yard pass - when in space - to be simple, but Sissoko struggles with those.

It's also his choice of pass that causes problems, as much as the execution.

Jul 2, 2006
Hmmm, I think that tells a wrong story, Turk. He played only 59 minutes in serie A. On all three matches he came in as a sub and those are in huge majority defensive passes back to the defense or to the man next to him.
I think that in EL we can see more and especially his attacking stats will tell a completely different story.
He's a very bad passer, no stat can fool those who watch him play. He doesn't try many complicated passes, but when he does his success rate is probably 1:5 or something.
I didn't want that stats to prove that he is great passer of ball but he can do simple things even if some of members don't think so.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Stats can sometimes be deceiving no doubt. Sissoko has his limitations with his passing ability. for me, i would rather see him pass back to a defender than try a 30 yard pass if it doesnt come off and a turn over is caused. Maybe DN has instructed him to not pass it long further up the field because of his limitations.

The other aspect to it all is who he has around him and what the tactics are....Put players like Davids and Zidane in that midfield and Sissoko may look a hell of a lot better out there...Tacchinardi looked twice as good playing with Davids and Zidane in that midfield...not saying sissoko can pass like tacchinardi, but it does help having others around you who more than make up for your defienciesor lack of abilities.

Sissoko is a monster at breaking down opposition attacks, he is a warrior and that's what he does best...what he needs is someone next to him who is a level above what we have now in Marchisio.

All in all...we dont have the perfect players to play what Del Neri is after.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Stop criticizing Momo's passing ability.

Every player on this Earth has some weak points,cos no one is perfect.Ex; Messi who is the Fifa world player is always n clearly suffering against strong defenders cos he simply has a weak physique.

A player performance will never depend on just one thing,so even if Momo is weak in terms of passing that doesn't mean he has to stop playing.

Why the hell don't u ppl complain about Del piero's lack of pace or Melo's lack of composure or Amauri's lack of finishing like how u do with Momo?????

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Stop criticizing Momo's passing ability.

Every player on this Earth has some weak points,cos no one is perfect.Ex; Messi who is the Fifa world player is always n clearly suffering against strong defenders cos he simply has a weak physique.

A player performance will never depend on just one thing,so even if Momo is weak in terms of passing that doesn't mean he has to stop playing.

Why the hell don't u ppl complain about Del piero's lack of pace or Melo's lack of composure or Amauri's lack of finishing like how u do with Momo?????
The problem is that passing is one of the football basics and every pro player MUST have the ability to make right passes to a certain degree. He tends to fluff a lot of them.
Do you remember that guy Molinaro?, well he suffered from the same problems, but unlike Momo, he was good at nothing and that made his problems even more evident.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Sissoko wanted by trio Monday 4 October, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester City, Wolfsburg and Marseille are all said to be monitoring Momo Sissoko’s delicate situation at Juventus with interest.

The Mali international doesn’t appear to figure in the plans of new boss Luigi Del Neri, who seems to rank him as fourth choice behind Felipe Melo, Claudio Marchisio and Alberto Aquilani.

The player’s future was already in doubt over the summer, but he remained after Wolfsburg failed with a deadline day bid to sign him.

The German giants are still keen on the former Liverpool player who was signed by the Old Lady at the request of former boss Claudio Ranieri.

City boss Roberto Mancini is also understood to be a fan of the combative central midfielder which may ignite a rival bid from Manchester.

French giants Marseille, bossed by former Juve ace Didier Deschamps, are interested even if Sissoko’s €4m a year wages could be a problem for the Ligue 1 side.

The African, who is unlikely to be made available in January, is currently contracted to the Stadio Olimpico outfit until June 2013.

Sampdoria’s Andrea Poli, an Under-21 international, is thought to be the player that Juve would like to replace Sissoko with next season.

FI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)