Momo Sissoko (10 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It's weird how many folks cling to Amauri's impressive first three months, yet completely forget just how much of a beast this guy has been in his first year, more or less, with us.

The guy was stealing as much balls per game, as Amauri or Iaquinta were missing chances.
Yeah, it's odd. Some players seem to get a free pass when they make a few mistakes, while others are heavily criticized for every small mistake they make. Human nature, I guess.

Even more odd is the fact that people seem to be overlooking the fact that he was arguably our most important player the last time we were actually performing well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Definitely one of the most underrated players on this forum.
Truer words have never been written...

DMs arent the type to singlehandedly win games, but Momo came basically as close as a DM can possibly come in dominating sooooo much that he won us games, under Ranier, pure and simply. And we totally fell apart and Ranieri was fired conveniently enough when Momo was injured.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That gives the air of Sissoko being useful over the past season, which he hasn't been.

But he's one of the favored players on this team, so he actually gets the free pass, not Amauri.

That's just horseshit, Buck.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Amauri NEVER gets a free pass. That's one of the stupidest statements I have read on this forum over the past season.

The proof is in the Amauri thread after basically every single match we've played within the last year.

Even more odd is the fact that people seem to be overlooking the fact that he was arguably our most important player the last time we were actually performing well.
No, he was not. That's once again being revisionist. And even if it was true and Sissoko was our most important player, that's the reason why we are overall a pretty poor team. If such a limited player is your most important, then you're fucked.

Del Piero was hands down our most important player during Ranieri's reign.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That gives the air of Sissoko being useful over the past season, which he hasn't been.

But he's one of the favored players on this team, so he actually gets the free pass, not Amauri.

That's just horseshit, Buck.
Feel free to disagree with me, no need to call it horseshit. You're not talking to a 12 year old kid here.

Amauri gets a lot of crap as well, especially last season. Some of it undeserved.

And Sissoko was indeed useful over the past season, sadly only before the winter break (that little period of time when he was actually fit). But that's not even what I mentioned, as I clearly referred to "the last time we were actually performing well." I don't quite understand why you think that has anything to do with last season.

As for being one of the favoured players on the team: In Italy yes, on this forum not at all.

No, he was not. That's once again being revisionist. And even if it was true and Sissoko was our most important player, that's the reason why we are overall a pretty poor team. If such a limited player is your most important, then you're fucked.

Del Piero was hands down our most important player during Ranieri's reign.
Would it hurt you to read what I post? I said "arguably" our most important player. Unlike you, I'm not presenting opinions as facts. And yes, you could argue that it was DP as well, possibly even Gigi or Chiellini.

As for being fucked. We were last season, not 2 seasons ago.

But I'm sorry for having a different opinion. Yours is the right one, mine is wrong. Settled now?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Amauri NEVER gets a free pass.
Give me a break. If that were the case then there'd be no discussions in his thread, alas there is and lots of it. Precisely because of people like you.

Sissoko steals a ball in our half, loses it in the middle, people like you call for his head on a stick, saying he can't pass for shit. Amauri wins a ball for himself, blasts it at row Z and people like you and that MikeM guy or whatever, defend him saying how "he fought, clawed and wrestled 5 defenders to get that ball, it's not his fault he missed it". It's the same thing really. Sissoko hampers our chances of creating goalscoring oppurtunities, Amauri hampers our chances of actually realizing them.

Only difference is, if you ask me, Sissoko had a much longer string of form than Amauri ever did. He was absolutely fantastic for us under Ranieri, making tackling and winning balls look like an art. I don't get how you can defend Amauri and at the same time give so much crap to Sissoko.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As many balls as Sissoko won does not explain the many times he gave it away and resulted in counter attacks and goals against us. Sure he might win the ball, but he also gives it away too...and unfortunately he gives it away or kills our play with a bad pass. More damage than not comes from Sissoko.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And Sissoko was indeed useful over the past season, sadly only before the winter break (that little period of time when he was actually fit). But that's not even what I mentioned, as I clearly referred to "the last time we were actually performing well." I don't quite understand why you think that has anything to do with last season.
I wrote that to show the hypocrisy in claiming Amauri receives a free pass. If so, then Sissoko receives a free pass from some of you as well, which is what I believe is happening here.

As for being one of the favoured players on the team: In Italy yes, on this forum not at all.
Not true. Many here regard Momo as one of their favorite players. Moreover, in the transfer forum thread that polled for which players you wanted to ship out, Sissoko had the least number of votes.

Would it hurt you to read what I post? I said "arguably" our most important player. Unlike you, I'm not presenting opinions as facts. And yes, you could argue that it was DP as well, possibly even Gigi or Chiellini.

As for being fucked. We were last season, not 2 seasons ago.

But I'm sorry for having a different opinion. Yours it the right one, mine is wrong. Settled now?
Well, then arguably the world is flat, arguably there is no such thing as gravity, et cetera.

And if one thinks that Sissoko needs the right sort of player next to him to perform, then arguably that player is far more important than Momo.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

As many balls as Sissoko won does not explain the many times he gave it away and resulted in counter attacks and goals against us. Sure he might win the ball, but he also gives it away too...and unfortunately he gives it away or kills our play with a bad pass. More damage than not comes from Sissoko.
That's true for last year, but he was out of form, as was the whole team. If we can use that excuse for just about anyone else, why not him? He was a reall asset for us 2 years ago. Preventing numerous attacks, stealing tons of balls, giving us an opportunity for counter attacks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Give me a break. If that were the case then there'd be no discussions in his thread, alas there is and lots of it. Precisely because of people like you.
Oooh, "people me like me", tough guy? OK tough guy.

Sissoko steals a ball in our half, loses it in the middle, people like you call for his head on a stick, saying he can't pass for shit. Amauri wins a ball for himself, blasts it at row Z and people like you and that MikeM guy or whatever, defend him saying how "he fought, clawed and wrestled 5 defenders to get that ball, it's not his fault he missed it". It's the same thing really. Sissoko hampers our chances of creating goalscoring oppurtunities, Amauri hampers our chances of actually realizing them.

Only difference is, if you ask me, Sissoko had a much longer string of form than Amauri ever did. He was absolutely fantastic for us under Ranieri, making tackling and winning balls look like an art. I don't get how you can defend Amauri and at the same time give so much crap to Sissoko.
:lol:

All this shit based on ONE comment. That's all you got? The one time that a couple people claimed Amauri did well to fight off a couple defenders in the match against Bari?

You just don't "get it", but you never do. "People like me", if that's how you want to refer to us, would not be against objective criticism towards the player. As a matter of fact, I've said several times that we should sell Amauri because he isn't good enough, bringing in another poacher. But on the other hand, you have clowns claiming that Amauri doesn't even try, or he's our worst player no matter what no matter the outcome of the game, which always tends to happen in Amauri's thread. It NEVER happens in Sissoko's thread, probably because those who critique him aren't so shortsighted to blame him solely for everything that plagues this team. Amauri gets it from all angles on a daily basis.

That's the difference.

And another thing you don't understand, strangely, is that Sissoko is partly the reason why we don't create many chances for our strikers. It seems rather idiotic to blame the strikers for not scoring when the midfield can't even conjure up a few chances for them, but hey, some might not really understand how this game works.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's true for last year, but he was out of form, as was the whole team. If we can use that excuse for just about anyone else, why not him? He was a reall asset for us 2 years ago. Preventing numerous attacks, stealing tons of balls, giving us an opportunity for counter attacks.
The fact he was a real asset for us 2 years ago says a lot V. That was 2 years ago. What about all of last year and even this year where he is almost as invisible as Trezeguet. He prevented a lot sure, I am not arguing that but he also hindered us by giving silly balls away and resulting in endless counterattacks and lost possession, the VERY thing you said he was so good at preventing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
And another thing you don't understand, strangely, is that Sissoko is partly the reason why we don't create many chances for our strikers. It seems rather idiotic to blame the strikers for not scoring when the midfield can't even conjure up a few chances for them, but hey, some might not really understand how this game works.
Is it really necessary to belittle other people's opinions? Gets a bit tiring after a while.

We scored & created more with Sissoko in the team than we did without him. We also conceded less. Now this obviously isn't only due to Momo's presence, but it does kinda undermine your point...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is it really necessary to belittle other people's opinions? Gets a bit tiring after a while.

We scored & created more with Sissoko in the team than we did without him. We also conceded less. Now this obviously isn't only due to Momo's presence, but it does kinda undermine your point...
Be sure to include what he created for other teams as well with his horrid possession, bad passes, and silly fouls.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I would think that is included in the "we also conceded less" bit.
Considering the massive amount of changes our starting 11 has gone through in those 2 season as well might have had a reason for conceding less. Last year, we conceded more and just like the season before when Momo was part he was part of a team that conceded more too.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why don't you say that to Vlatko, too?

We scored & created more with Sissoko in the team than we did without him.
I'd like to see the hard numbers on that.

It's pretty obvious when one watches this team play that the giveaways and lack of passing ability really stifle our progression, but maybe the stats prove differently...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's how he operates. Other people are wrong, he is right. He doesn't acknowledge what other people say, I wonder if he even reads it, he simply disregards and makes his reply from scratch.

But hey, he's a spoilt brat.
The fact he was a real asset for us 2 years ago says a lot V. That was 2 years ago. What about all of last year and even this year where he is almost as invisible as Trezeguet. He prevented a lot sure, I am not arguing that but he also hindered us by giving silly balls away and resulting in endless counterattacks and lost possession, the VERY thing you said he was so good at preventing.
Hey, I don't think I've ever defended Sissoko till now. He was horrid last year, no doubt about it. But he's a one-dimensional player, just like Trezeguet for example. Is it Trezeguet's fault he doesn't recieve a useful ball? No. Just like you can't expect to recieve a useful ball from Sissoko. He needs good passers around him. And having a Felipe Melo instead of a Cristiano Zanetti beside you makes for a world of difference. Not to mention a Pavel Nedved and Camoranesi on the wings to complete a 4-4-2 midfield, as opposed to Marchisio and Diego in a 4-3-1-2.

Oooh, "people me like me", tough guy? OK tough guy.

:lol:

All this shit based on ONE comment. That's all you got? The one time that a couple people claimed Amauri did well to fight off a couple defenders in the match against Bari?

You just don't "get it", but you never do. "People like me", if that's how you want to refer to us, would not be against objective criticism towards the player. As a matter of fact, I've said several times that we should sell Amauri because he isn't good enough, bringing in another poacher. But on the other hand, you have clowns claiming that Amauri doesn't even try, or he's our worst player no matter what no matter the outcome of the game, which always tends to happen in Amauri's thread. It NEVER happens in Sissoko's thread, probably because those who critique him aren't so shortsighted to blame him solely for everything that plagues this team. Amauri gets it from all angles on a daily basis.

That's the difference.

It gives me great joy to see every post of mine, aimed at exposing your hypocrisy, hit the nail on the head. I don't see how you figured I was a tough guy from that post, but OK, if it works for you.

And people like you? What's wrong with that? Did I say retards like you? Did you expect me to start naming names? Sorry, this way was easier. Don't be such a girl.

There you go proving my point I said to Buck. Completely disregarding the gist of the post, you focus on one bit and start labeling things shit and crap.

And objective and criticism coming from you? Are you freaking kidding me? Do you read the things you post? You instult, belittle and talk shit 99% of the time in your posts. Sorry but that's not constructive criticism. Read the exchange me and Hustini are doing, that's called constructive criticism.

If you truly said, "I've said several times that we should sell Amauri because he isn't good enough, bringing in another poacher."; my hats off to you. We can put that on the empty sheet reserved for sensible posts you wrote. I'd appreciate a quote, though. I don't think I've ever said Amauri doesn't try, my beef with him is he doesn't score. Not near enough. But enough of him.

As for the last part, read my reply to Hustini. And I would be the last of all people to criticize strikers who don't score because of a lack of service...I mean really.

And if you blame Sissoko for us not creating chances, than you should really wonder which one of us knows how the game works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)