Momo Sissoko (12 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And actually, when you think about it, Sissoko had more passing options in midfield last year than he did when Ranieri was in charge. So wouldn't one think that he'd have an easier time passing the ball? This is a conundrum.
what passig options?

which of our players, besides diego and occasionally marchisio, made himself available for the pass?

ffs watch new zealand play and you will see how their players move into space to get the pass!

also, amazing how melo. a player who is supposed to know how to pass in the midfield (you know meant to be the upgrade to sissoko) gave away as much balls as sissoko.

how many times has melo given the ball away when he had the option of passing the ball to the guy next him easily?

would rather melo leave.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And yeah, while you've pointed that out...how do you know they didn't give him any other role? It's clear that they gave it to Melo, I don't know why wouldn't they do the same with Sissoko.
Because it's illogical.

If Ciro or Zach told him to get the ball and start playmaking with it, then they are obviously insane. I'd wager that some FM players would do a better job as a manager.

What I think happened is that they put Sissoko in that left central midfield role in the diamond so that he could break up attacks and have easy outlets to Melo behind him or Diego in front of him. He shouldn't have a problem with that, but he still did, which is very worrying.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
what passig options?

which of our players, besides diego and occasionally marchisio, made himself available for the pass?
Think about. The holding midfielder behind him, Diego in front of him, and the other central midfielder to the right in the diamond. Compare that to when Sissoko plays in the straight 4-4-2... chances are he will have to make a longer pass as the formation is more stretched.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No matter how good at tacking you are and how much grit you show, if you play in midfield and are a horrible passer then all the hard work you do for yourself and the team is all in vain.

I've said it before, I will say it again. What difference does it make how good you are at getting the ball back only to give it away again? That right there, does this team or any team absolutely no good.

We gave the ball away so many times last year it was disgusting, not to mention endless counter attacks that killed us. Why did those counter attacks happen? Because we lost possession.

Any team that wants to cripple our midfield needs to do two things:

Cover diego tightly and put endless pressure on momo the second the ball is at his feet and BOOM possession lost.

Its not rocket science, if you can't do the basics of passing and free flowing football then you don't deserve to be at Juve when you are pushing your mid twenties. He should have learned that by now. And like Andy said, that is very worrying.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No matter how good at tacking you are and how much grit you show, if you play in midfield and are a horrible passer then all the hard work you do for yourself and the team is all in vain.

I've said it before, I will say it again. What difference does it make how good you are at getting the ball back only to give it away again? That right there, does this team or any team absolutely no good.

We gave the ball away so many times last year it was disgusting, not to mention endless counter attacks that killed us. Why did those counter attacks happen? Because we lost possession.

Cover diego tightly and put endless pressure on momo the second the ball is at his feet and BOOM possession lost.
:tup:

Exactly. Thanks for saving my finger cells.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007

Its not rocket science, if you can't do the basics of passing and free flowing football then you don't deserve to be at Juve when you are pushing your mid twenties. He should have learned that by now. And like Andy said, that is very worrying.

It is true that loosing possession was one of our main problems last season but the first one who was responsible for that was actually Melo not Sissoko.

I do agree with u that Momo is not a great passer but infact it is not his main job to provide good passes,every player has atleast one disadvantage n the smart coach is the one who applies a system in the field that can cover the players' disadvantages as much as possible,unfortunately we didn't have those kinds of smart coaches.

If we failed to play free flowing football last season that was because our 2nd class coaches used to play Sissoko & Melo 2gether n therefore instead of covering their disadvantages they exposed them.To play free flowing football u must have a dynamic CM,just like Marchisio.But playing both Melo & Momo is just like playing with 2 box STs in attack,the attack will surely lack movement n creativity as there is no SS.

I will give u the example of Gattuso,he is like Sissoko,hardworking n has good tackling but is not a good passer n not intelligent at all,but the presence of Pirlo has covered that.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It is true that loosing possession was one of our main problems last season but the first one who was responsible for that was actually Melo not Sissoko.
:tup:

Melo & Sissoko both had some problems with their sloppy passing. Difference is, when Sissoko screws up, he'll try to make up for it (and succeed in doing so many times). The same thing can not be said for Melo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)