Momo Sissoko (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He hasn't even been one of the worst players this season. Far from it actually.

Well, we (at times at least) played smart footie with him in the team last year, so I don't agree with that at all.

I think everyone can agree that Sissoko loses the ball way too often, but at least he tries to make up for his mistakes. Which can't be said about certain other players.

If I were to make a list of 10 players who should absolutely be here next season, Momo would be on it. Without a doubt.
But you don't want to play a possession game, I do. That's the difference and my number one issue with the side.

If it was me, the players who can't pass the ball would be out of the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Who would your other 9 be? I am just curious, as I am not entirely sure I would keep Sissoko if we were to retain 10 players, unless we have actually become that bad as a club.
Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, Del Piero, Trezeguet would be my certainties together with Momo.
That group would be completed by Legro, Diego, Giovinco.

Don't know who my tenth pick would be. Probably either Camo or Candreva.

Who would you pick?

But you don't want to play a possession game, I do. That's the difference and my number one issue with the side.

If it was me, the players who can't pass the ball would be out of the team.
I do not necessarily want to play a possession game. That is most certainly true.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree with Andy and Buck, funnily enough:

Sissoko is a great player to have in a defensive 4-4-2, because he does so much pressing and really adds something to the team.

There really isn't a place for him in a three man midfield when you are trying to play more of a possession game.

Whether Sissoko should be kept, therefore, depends on what system is to be played and what offers (if any) are made for him.

Andy, though you want to play a possession game, would you keep Sissoko if the coach was going to play a defensive, counter attacking system, that wasn't based on having much possession?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Top 5:

Buffon
Chiellini
Marchisio
Diego
Giovinco

Next 3:

Del Piero
Trezeguet
Melo

To be honest, I wouldn't want to keep anyone else.
@Buck

Do you really want to keep Legrottaglie?
Thing is, I was the one who started the "list of 10 players" thingy. Then I was asked the question & started writing down the names, only to realise that I wasn't going to come up with 10 names I'd surely keep :D

So no, Legro is by no means a necessity for me. But if I need to pick 10 players, he's in there I'm afraid. As would Canna, provided he was a few years younger.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with Andy and Buck, funnily enough:

Andy, though you want to play a possession game, would you keep Sissoko if the coach was going to play a defensive, counter attacking system, that wasn't based on having much possession?
At the very most I'd keep Sissoko as a bench player. But I'd still want my players to be able to make good outlet passes in a counter-attacking system. Obviously, Sissoko can't do that either.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fair enough.

I would probably keep him, but only to use him in certain circumstances. Therefore, I would be very tempted to sell him if a decent offer came in.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Thing is, I was the one who started the "list of 10 players" thingy. Then I was asked the question & started writing down the names, only to realise that I wasn't going to come up with 10 names I'd surely keep :D

So no, Legro is by no means a necessity for me. But if I need to pick 10 players, he's in there I'm afraid. As would Canna, provided he was a few years younger.
:tup: Fair enough.

I'd rather see Legro than Canna go, even if he's a few years older. I know he's not getting any younger, but Legro sure as hell isn't getting any better. If I look at these last 4 games now, I'd much prefer Canna to start next to Chiellini than Legro, so that answers my questions over which one I prefer.

Having said this, in both cases they would be back-up players after Chiellini and a new CB.

Sep 2, 2002
Am I the only one who think that with a proper coaching, Momo can actually become a good CB and might be the one we need ?

His physique def suits a CB (tall, athletic) I would not say his reading of the game (defensively) is bad either... plus he does not need to be a good passer when playing CB.... He can be like marcel desailly or Thuram .. a good physical CB.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Am I the only one who think that with a proper coaching, Momo can actually become a good CB and might be the one we need ?

His physique def suits a CB (tall, athletic) I would not say his reading of the game (defensively) is bad either... plus he does not need to be a good passer when playing CB.... He can be like marcel desailly or Thuram .. a good physical CB.
he would be dragged out of position constantly and giving away countless free kicks and penalties.

Sep 2, 2002
Hence... the proper coaching... you can learn how to play in certain position... a lot of player do that .. our classic example would be zambrotta .. he was once a forward when he played for Bari and now he is playing as full backs .. who would have thought that coming..

But when it comes to physical qualities.. those are given... you can not develop that once you hv reached certain age.. and to me, he has the right physical qualities at the moment to become a good CB ... he just needs time to adapt

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

A simple reason for not to play Sissoko as a CB is that he lacks tactical discipline to play in a position like that, where one simple mistake can lead to a goal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A simple reason for not to play Sissoko as a CB is that he lacks tactical discipline to play in a position like that, where one simple mistake can lead to a goal.
Could you imagine him running around trying to make tackles while being a CB?

It would be an absolute disaster of epic proportions.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We would probably give up more goals than we did this year. :sergio:

We better buy really tall players for the walls needed to block his endless supply of FKs given.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
still think we need a destroyer in midfield to help melo play better, as well as marchisio..but who knows with a new coach what is needed and who may be lured to the club.

As it stands today, sissoko is still important.

As for the 10 players who should stay, it is hard to include players like buffon who may fetch huge $$$ to help rebuild the team. I believe any player over the age of 30 should be considered as a departure if the money is right. And no, not DP, we all know he'll never leave. And I think Chiellini, Marchisio and Giovinco are the untouchables. As a pre-requisite for a new coach, Giovinco must be in his plans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)