Momo Sissoko (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But this way, once they regained possession, both of our DM's have a lot more options and WIDTH to play to, not just Diego, which decrease the chance of them to mess up the attack.
You're not getting it, dude. Even if Sissoko has width how will he get the ball out there? He's shown he's not capable of doing that consistently. Just look at how many passes go beyond touch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
If you are playing 4-2-3-1, you will need someone who can distribute the ball to the forward players.

We certainly do not have any defenders who can do that, and I am not convinced that Melo and Sissoko have the ability to do so consistently.
The DMs have to do much less though. It's alot easier to get the ball in midfield and being able to pass it to 3 players in the 'next line' if you will, than just having Diego infront of you.

If it's just Diego you will have to look for other options, like getting the ball to the strikers yourself, which they really can't do. You would need fullbacks to cover the sides, which they don't. Options are just fewer and more difficult, which is where things go wrong with our current DMs.

Besides, Melo and Momo were excellent when they just formed the '2' in that formation. I thought it was worth a shot a while ago, and I think it's definitely worth a shot now, if you look at our performances.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
You're not getting it, dude. Even if Sissoko has width how will he get the ball out there? He's shown he's not capable of doing that consistently. Just look at how many passes go beyond touch.
The formation won't make Momo a better passer, but it really should make things easier for him.

Melo - Marchisio is what I'd field though. I've seen enough of Momo for now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think that first Samp match was more down to how they kept ramming their attacks straight into Melo and Momo instead of heading out wide. They relinquished possession so easily that the 3 attacking midfielders were close by to receive passes. Against a better team we would get bogged down, have less space, and Momo would be finding himself having to make longer passes again, Ken.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think you're taking it too far Andy. Yes sometimes his passing is really amateurish, but I believe he's capable enough to make a simple pass to our AM's, especially on the wings.

The DMs have to do much less though. It's alot easier to get the ball in midfield and being able to pass it to 3 players in the 'next line' if you will, than just having Diego infront of you.

If it's just Diego you will have to look for other options, like getting the ball to the strikers yourself, which they really can't do. You would need fullbacks to cover the sides, which they don't. Options are just fewer and more difficult, which is where things go wrong with our current DMs.

Besides, Melo and Momo were excellent when they just formed the '2' in that formation. I thought it was worth a shot a while ago, and I think it's definitely worth a shot now, if you look at our performances.
:tup:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I think that first Samp match was more down to how they kept ramming their attacks straight into Melo and Momo instead of heading out wide. They relinquished possession so easily that the 3 attacking midfielders were close by to receive passes. Against a better team we would get bogged down, have less space, and Momo would be finding himself having to make longer passes again, Ken.
Hmm. Fair enough, I don't quite remember how Samp played if I'm really honest, so I can't really say much about that particular match. All I remember is that it worked for us somehow. :D

He'll have to make some longer range passes, you can't avoid that with any formation, it's just part of being a footballer really. I just feel that it would be easier for him nonetheless with 3 infront, which would also mean that he wouldn't have to make those runs forward, trying to get involved in our attacks.

Players basically avoided giving him the ball and he became truely useless to us today, because he's not good enough with the ball at his feet. Him being able to purely focus on what he's supposed to be doing should benefit the team both going forward and defending.

I do realise him not being able to pass the ball will affect him and the team wherever he plays though, that's why I'd field Melo - Marchisio, if Melo has his head screwed on for a change.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
easy on momo dudez.

the guy can't make long passes this is for sure. if he could, he would be essien.

the fact is that he isn't useless. he is a dm with a lot of pace that can cover space and run a lot. ok, his passing is not so good but he can do things that other dms can't. he can dribble nicely and he also can shoot well from distance.

so we should use him with a player that can pas well next to him. momo should take the ball and give it to this player. thats his job. his job is not to go next to diego and attack. ciro and zach used him in camo's position because he can push a lot. if you demand from mascherano, diarra, essien or toure to do such things they will all fail. we all have seen how useful he is when he is used correctly.

as for today. he clearly wasn't good. it's only natural. every player has some bad days. in these days its the manager's job to sub him for someone else. but zach didn't do it. he just left him in there to embarrass himself and subbed marchisio who had a very good game till this time.

momo should be deployed next to melo/marchisio. he should do all the defending and melo/marchisio should be more free to pass the ball and go forward. anyway, i watch momo since his early days with valencia. he used to play as an left midfielder/winger these times due to his pace and his good dribbling. he only needs a good manager to understand where he fits well.

Juve Material

Aug 4, 2009
Had a poor game today, but is repeatedly being played in the wrong position. Momo is a destroyer, who should win the ball and pass it to another midfielder (like Gattuso, Deschamps, etc.), instead of being expected to creative something further up the pitch.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
how he hasnt objected to being played on the left is beyond me bcuz he was our poorest player today along with grosso

im starting to think liverpool offloaded dead weight to us..not dissing momo, but we can not afford to field players that cant pass with a team that has phsychological issues when trying to attack

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He is still one of our most important players in our squad. We can't just ignore that. The space he covers on his own is incredible. Maybe a little time on the bench like Melo will suit him good for now.

Jul 2, 2006
He is second most valuable player in current team after Chiellini. One of a few players who worth shit. He CAN make simple passes but when you order him to go attack, make one-twos and shooting from distance he looks shite. He can single handedly take defensive duties of midfield. Let him play in Pukesen's position.

im starting to think liverpool offloaded dead weight to us..not dissing momo, but we can not afford to field players that cant pass with a team that has phsychological issues when trying to attack
yeah, how smart they are. offladed dead weight and replaced with lucas leiva. they are gathering fruits of this clever move now.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm sad to see the Black Ninja getting this kind of crap. Just goes to show how shit things are when people blame Momo for lack of good passing, which was never really his strong side.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Horrible performance from Sissoko. For the first time I'm hoping that we sell him this summer, and get another Marchisio type of player, hard worker with good passing abilities.

I'm really getting tired of him playing ping pong with our opponents.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ok everyone has to stop wanting to sell players after one bad game, its really fucking childish and annoying.

momo is a great destroyer, he isnt a playmaker, he isnt one to distribute or make play as it was said earlier in the 4-2-3-1 him and melo played very well did they not?

we cant play momo-melo or momo-poulsen in the same midfield unless its with a distributor or regista's some games we can get away with marchisio in the 3 but they all have to have a great game.

to this day we are still playing formations that dont suit key players.

stop blaming sissoko for not being a playmaker, he can pass he made successful passes its just when he has to hold possesion he isnt the best, if he were played solely as a destroyer we would see the momo we love.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
oh good lord, who hasnt had a bad season to date bar a few?

diego has a bad game he is useless lets sell him, iaquinta comes back from injury after everyone wanted the guy back because he is so amazing, he misses as per usual and he is shit again. Its rather annoying to be honest.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Momo was one of our more valuable and consistent players last season. He did give away balls then too. But not as bad as he is doing this season. He's been in horrible form of late and being injured didn't help things either. This season has been a season to forget for most of our players anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)