Momo Sissoko (12 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yeah let's blame EVERYTHIGN on sissoko.

you guys are the same wankers who wanted buffon gone after one average month in his career.

May 22, 2007
It would be retarded to blame everything on Sissoko. I don't understand why a physical defensive midfielder is being forced into a midfield role which requires him to have attacking ability going forward. We never saw this in the 4-4-2 because of the width available, and he usually had someone like Zanetti or Marchisio next to him who was comfortable in possession. It's also not a surprise that in the 4-2-3-1, also with width, he did a great job in cutting out the attacks and threats of the opposition and the simple passes to a Diego, Camoranesi or Giovinco created an attack for us.

A midfield of

Marchisio-Poulsen-Sissoko

has no place in football, drop either Poulsen or Sissoko and start Camo if you must use the 4-3-1-2.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He's just being used wrong. If he's instructed to focus only on regaining possession from opponents, he'll be great again. This 4-3-1-2 is really killing us.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I think the problem is that he himself likes to go forward and try to dribble, because if this is true, then it will be even harder to say to him to not do that.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He's just being used wrong. If he's instructed to focus only on regaining possession from opponents, he'll be great again. This 4-3-1-2 is really killing us.
I think that you have a good point.

We seem to be using him to try to start attacks and make runs into the box and he just hasn't got that ability.

The question is, can we afford the luxury of a player who is there only to tackle opponents? I just don't know, I guess with the right players around him we can.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
its not that i want him gone, i want a player that can do more than tackle. he really needs to work on his passing and composure.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just face it, the guy can't pass the ball no matter what position he's deployed in. Even if you fielded him in Poulsen's spot today he would have still had to make passes, so just give it up already.

Sissoko has been horrid this season and we need to break away from one-dimensional destroyers. The game is changing and it's leaving those sort of players behind.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The question is, can we afford the luxury of a player who is there only to tackle opponents? I just don't know, I guess with the right players around him we can.
If he was in Barca it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but he'd still give the ball away there.

The answer is we cannot afford having someone giving the ball away recklessly every single match.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think that you have a good point.

We seem to be using him to try to start attacks and make runs into the box and he just hasn't got that ability.

We don't need to afford it because we already have 2 world class 2 DM's in Melo and him. Just let them focus on defending and protecting our defense, with 3 AM's supporting a lone striker.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can't believe we are relying on him to open up something in our attacks. Very disappointing game from him today.
We were not relying on him to do that, the dumbass Sackerroni just had him playing to the left in the diamond midfield, making him have to move more forward ahead of Poulsen. He just doesn't have the ability to be useful there, and it's looking like the same story everywhere else for us as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We don't need to afford it because we already have 2 world class 2 DM's in Melo and him. Just let them focus on defending and protecting our defense, with 3 AM's supporting a lone striker.
The problem is with two destroyers centrally they have to play the ball. There's no way around it. If he had Xavi and Iniesta around him it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I doubt he'd succeed in that side either. He'd give away possession too cheaply because that's just what he does.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If you are playing 4-2-3-1, you will need someone who can distribute the ball to the forward players.

We certainly do not have any defenders who can do that, and I am not convinced that Melo and Sissoko have the ability to do so consistently.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We were not relying on him to do that, the dumbass Sackerroni just had him playing to the left in the diamond midfield, making him have to move more forward ahead of Poulsen. He just doesn't have the ability to be useful there, and it's looking like the same story everywhere else for us as well.
Which is why I don't want us to use the 4-3-1-2 with these type of one-dimensional players.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The problem is with two destroyers centrally they have to play the ball. There's no way around it. If he had Xavi and Iniesta around him it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I doubt he'd succeed in that side either. He'd give away possession too cheaply because that's just what he does.
But this way, once they regained possession, both of our DM's have a lot more options and WIDTH to play to, not just Diego, which decrease the chance of them to mess up the attack.

If you are playing 4-2-3-1, you will need someone who can distribute the ball to the forward players.

We certainly do not have any defenders who can do that, and I am not convinced that Melo and Sissoko have the ability to do so consistently.
So far when they played together in a 4-2-3-1, they did well. If they can do it consistently or not, I guess we have to wait and see. But I don't see why not.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
But this way, once they regained possession, both of our DM's have a lot more options and WIDTH to play to, not just Diego, which decrease the chance of them to mess up the attack.

So far when they played together in a 4-2-3-1, they did well. If they can do it consistently or not, I guess we have to try. But I don't see why not.
True, I agree that we should be trying 4-2-3-1, we change something and it has been better than 4-3-1-2 when we have used it this season.

I'm just saying that long term in unsure about Melo and Sissoko together as the "2" in that formation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)