Momo Sissoko (7 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sissoko: No Problem With Rafa

New Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko has revealed he holds no animosity towards Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez following his move from the Premiership to Serie A.

The Mali international ended a three year spell on Merseyside this week when he signed for Serie A giants Juventus.

He joined Liverpool back in 2005 from Benitez’ old club Valencia and was tipped for greatness by many observers.

However, he has always been in the shadows of the likes of Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso, while the performances of Javier Mascherano of late have seen him slide further down the Anfield pecking order.

It had been suggested that Sissoko’s relationship with Benitez had turned sour this season, but the midfielder took time to praise the manager who gave him his big break on his arrival in Turin.

“I have no problem with Benitez, he is a good manager,” Sissoko said.

“He gave me the opportunity to play in La Liga and he is a good manager. I won trophies at Liverpool and I was happy to play at Liverpool.

“It is a new challenge for me and I want to play well for Juventus.”

goal.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Look, at least Balzaretti knows how to pass the ball and mark. Molinaro can't do either of the two, and the only asset he provides us is hard work. He really can't do anything else except run. These sort of players stay at the likes of Siena and Hellas Verona. Balzaretti was good for us in Serie B and had a ton of assists; his sale was remarkably stupid and our blind belief in Molinaro that he could somehow hold down the left-back role all by himself was even more absurd. Fact is, Molinaro was, is and always will be a mistake. Selling Balzaretti was also a mistake if we seriously thought Chiellini would play in the center and Molinaro could take that left-back role during his first season here.

That's really the end of that discussion.
I disagree. Balzaretti couldn´t offer anything to Juventus beside his crosses. Defensively he was a hole. And I don´t rate a fullback by a number of his good crosses. Funny how Balzaretti can´t even make it to the weaker Fiorentina squad since he was such a great player for Juventus. We will see if he will even make it to the average Palermo squad. Unfortunately Chiellini cannot take the left side as that would leave us very vulnerable in the centre. Molinaro wasn´t brought to be a first team player but a cover for Giorgio but injury of Andrade fucked it all up. Molinaro has done well since. Not world class but apart from a few bad matches he has been very good. The problem is that people here expect a Zambrotta on the left side and can´t get used to inferior players. Selling Balza and buying Molinaro was one of the rare good moves by our board.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Well at least we wont need Sali to play CM.

The reason I am so optimistic about Sissoko is Zanetti used to be a rash defensive mid like Momo but at Roma he excelled and refined his ability to make decisions on the ball and improved his attacking play. He also used to get a ridiculous amount of cards, even at Inter (almost a card a game at one point) but now he has improved this aspect of his game as well.

I think Momo will learn alot playing next to an experienced mid like Zanetti who has made himself a key figure in our team. Over time Momo and Nocerino will both go from being good DMs but with poor technique to good all round DMs

I hope he manages to start with Nocerino in the next Serie A game and do well. I think the move will not only provide him with a new focus and determination to prove himself but give him the security and calmness he needs to succeed, which he was not getting at Liverpool. The same as what happened to Zanetti when he came from Inter. These players thrive on confidence and continuity.

Man you'er writing GOLD ....i remebered you, even in Transfers you said good things ..i liked your analysis :agree:

OP
Jul 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #217
    I believe that if he will play well, then there wouldn't be any problem from the fans.

OP
    Jul 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #219
    It seem that there is tense in his country for his dicision to sign with Juve during the African Cup of Nations.

Mali coach vents anger at Sissoko

By Mohamed Fajah Barrie,
    BBC Sport, Ghana

Mali coach Jean-Francois Joder has criticised Mohamed Sissoko's decision complete his transfer to Juventus during the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Eagles' midfielder, 23, returned to the Africa Cup of Nations on Monday after spending three days in Turin.

Sissoko made a substitute appearance as Mali lost 3-0 to Ivory Coast and failed to qualify to the quarter-finals.

"I'm not happy with Sissoko for leaving our camp - he disrespected African football," Joder told BBC Sport.

"That's why I put him on the bench and I only brought him in the second half to replace the injured Kanoute.

"Juventus is a club that can afford to provide a jet for Sissoko and return him on the same day or the next day.

"But they didn't do that, instead they put the player on a public flight which meant he returned a day late for our match preparations against Ivory Coast - this was to our detriment.

"If Sissoko was a French player, do you think he would have behaved in this way," asks Joder.

"If he did, he would not be given the chance to play again in the tournament."

However, the former Liverpool man defended his decision to fly to Italy.

"I flew to Italy because it was important for my future and my football career," Sissoko said.

"I don't think I should be blamed for that and I expected the coach to show understanding."

It is the first time the Malian team have failed to progress past the first-round stage of the Africa Cup of Nations' finals.

news.bbc.co.uk

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Sissoko should be ready for sunday.Id like to see the reaction he gets from the fans inside the stadium.
    The Drughi hate everything that comes from Liverpool ..

I don't expect a good welcome ..

So until he proves himself, Sissoko will find a hard time at the Olimpico ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)