Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I hope Momo will produce the same form that I saw last year in the Champions League against Barcelona. His performance that day at Anfield was superb; Davids-like muscle and tackling.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Azzurri and Gill,

Sissoko was very good at Valencia and when he arrived at Liverpool.

He has been crap since he lost his place in the side and his confidence.

I believe he will be a decent signing as we can get him back to his best, though we overpaid a bit for him.
I think thats the most balanced opinion.
Sissoko isnt in great form now and he hasnt reached WC status at his age yet, he was a promising player once but he hadnt the right conditions to bloom.
He has some potential, he has a good Vieira like physique,
(esp height, witch was the only thing Davids lacks) he has determination, stamina, power and he is young, there is a lot of space to develop and become a more complete player.
If this is what Juve needs right now, its another history...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Azzurri and Gill,

Sissoko was very good at Valencia and when he arrived at Liverpool.

He has been crap since he lost his place in the side and his confidence.

I believe he will be a decent signing as we can get him back to his best, though we overpaid a bit for him.
We paid far too much for him, but again that's Secco for you.

What I'm hoping for is a Sissoko who will find his feet in Serie A due to the slower pace of play. I think he was forced into playing hasty balls in the Premiership and hopefully he'll find the style of play in Italy a little more suited to his "talents."

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
what can crouch do?

can't pass
can't shoot
can't run

he is not even a human
Insulting Crouch isn't really going to offend a Liverpool fan considering we probably agree with you. But anyhow we still love him. Like you guys and that Buffon character. Now that guy is terrible. He can't pass, can't shoot, can't run, can't dribble. Hell, I've never seen the guy take as much as a throw in. All he does is sit in his own box and throw himself to the ground every now and again. :D

Redlfc

Jan 28, 2008
I've read this thread and I see there's 2 camps

1. He can't

2. He can

As a life long Liverpool fan and someone who watches every single game I may be able to shed some light on the subject.

I'm in the "can't" camp and I have always been in it, bar a few and I mean a very few good/great performances against some big teams he's consistently failed to impress.

Passing: His passing under pressure is poor, his passing when not under pressure is woeful, he (99% of the time) receives the ball facing his own goal and doesn't seem to know how to turn and drive forward, instead he'll carry the ball backwards and then lay it off to the CB's to distribute. One of the most infuriating things he does is receive a pass and pass straight back to the player who gave him the ball, that player then passes it back to Momo who does the same over and over again not taking responsibility for moving the ball forward.

Tackling: His tackling is at best awkward due to his long legs, they always seem to get tangled up and it looks like a foul even if it's not. Now we all know he has a great engine, he'll run the legs off a Nun but this ability is more hindrance to his game, he runs around like a headless chicken constantly out of position and then uses his engine to get back into position but never seems to make it, either (and please you can watch all you like) dive in to win the ball and give away a foul, dive in to win the ball win it and then give it straight back to the opposition or never get anywhere near the ball

Speed: he lacks real speed, yes he covers the ground but not with a burst of speed to get himself goal side or into the ideal position to tackle. You'll see him lopping back watching the play ahead of him looking like he's on a sunday stroll, he does that a lot.

Shooting: woeful, enough said

Summary: Momo is a likable lad, please teach him to pass and some positional discipline, I hope he'll be roaring success, he deserves to be, it's just a shame he chose to come and stagnate in England instead of staying in Spain to develop his game. Momo was just not suited to the English league, he has not developed under Benithez in England, he's been allowed to play in the first team without anyone actually taking him to the side and saying

"Come on, lets work on this passing thing"

If Juve know his weaknesses (obviously they must of seen them) and think they can improve them, then I am sure 100% Momo will be a very decent player in the Italian league, if Juve think he's the finished product then you'll be making a bad investment. Talking of investments, £8.2m - thank you, I had visions of never being able to offload him.

Good luck :scarf:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

1. He can't

2. He can

As a life long Liverpool fan and someone who watches every single game I may be able to shed some light on the subject.

I'm in the "can't" camp and I have always been in it, bar a few and I mean a very few good/great performances against some big teams he's consistently failed to impress.

Passing: His passing under pressure is poor, his passing when not under pressure is woeful, he (99% of the time) receives the ball facing his own goal and doesn't seem to know how to turn and drive forward, instead he'll carry the ball backwards and then lay it off to the CB's to distribute. One of the most infuriating things he does is receive a pass and pass straight back to the player who gave him the ball, that player then passes it back to Momo who does the same over and over again not taking responsibility for moving the ball forward.

Tackling: His tackling is at best awkward due to his long legs, they always seem to get tangled up and it looks like a foul even if it's not. Now we all know he has a great engine, he'll run the legs off a Nun but this ability is more hindrance to his game, he runs around like a headless chicken constantly out of position and then uses his engine to get back into position but never seems to make it, either (and please you can watch all you like) dive in to win the ball and give away a foul, dive in to win the ball win it and then give it straight back to the opposition or never get anywhere near the ball

Speed: he lacks real speed, yes he covers the ground but not with a burst of speed to get himself goal side or into the ideal position to tackle. You'll see him lopping back watching the play ahead of him looking like he's on a sunday stroll, he does that a lot.

Summary: Momo is a likable lad, please teach him to pass and some positional discipline, I hope he'll be roaring success, he deserves to be, it's just a shame he chose to come and stagnate in England instead of staying in Spain to develop his game. Momo was just not suited to the English league, he has not developed under Benithez in England, he's been allowed to play in the first team without anyone actually taking him to the side and saying

If Juve know his weaknesses (obviously they must of seen them) and think they can improve them, then I am sure 100% Momo will be a very decent player in the Italian league, if Juve think he's the finished product then you'll be making a bad investment. Talking of investments, £8.2m - thank you, I had visions of never being able to offload him.

Welcome and thank you for the details. I think your club really cashed in on our idiot Secco.

Jul 2, 2006

1. He can't

2. He can

Thanks for info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)