Momo Sissoko (19 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Sissoko Not Good Enough For Liverpool? – Ranieri Explains

Claudio Ranieri has attempted to explain how Momo Sissoko could be considered not good enough for Liverpool, only to excel at Juventus.

There was widespread criticism when Juve signed Sissoko from Liverpool in January for €13m.

The Malian, who had been discarded by Reds manager Rafa Benitez as supposedly not good enough for the first team, has proved most of his doubters wrong with a series of wonderful performances in the Juve midfield.

The Italian media cannot understand how a player can be considered not good enough by Liverpool, but be so impressive in Serie A.

Ranieri has tried to answer this question.

"Benitez is the most Italian out of all of us, and in fact he has won a lot,” The Tinkerman told Tuttosport.

“He could reach his third Champions League final, but someone like Momo, who always likes to attack, possibly complicates his plans.

“Javier Mascherano is more defensive, his arrival changed the outlook. And this has been a good thing for Juve.”

Ranieri has been an admirer of Sissoko ever since he coached him at Valencia a few years back.

"At 19-years-old he was already a spectacle. I never understood why Valencia sold him to Liverpool, and they are still searching for his replacement,” the coach concluded.

Goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The fact that Mascherano can just hold his position, instead of constantly driving forward, is precisely why he is the superior player.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
The fact that Mascherano can just hold his position, instead of constantly driving forward, is precisely why he is the superior player.
that would be true if Sissoko was ignoring his defensive duties, which he certainly isn't...being an attacking DM is not necessarily a bad thing...Mascherano is better because he is pretty much a finished article, while Sissoko is yet to fully understand his role in the middle of the park....but i do believe that Momo is a more skilled and talented player than Mascherano and may even become a better player than the Argentine

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
that would be true if Sissoko was ignoring his defensive duties, which he certainly isn't...being an attacking DM is not necessarily a bad thing...Mascherano is better because he is pretty much a finished article, while Sissoko is yet to fully understand his role in the middle of the park....but i do believe that Momo is a more skilled and talented player than Mascherano and may even become a better player than the Argentine
No way is Sissoko technically better.

The only way that Sissoko is superior is physically.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't think we'd be sitting as comfortably as we are now for next season's Champions League if not for having Momo at our disposal in a number of key matches on the back half of the season.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Momo Sissoko was supposed to have been the biggest waste of money since, well, Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes. Slow, tactically naïve and ill suited to the Italian game – these were a small selection of the criticisms launched at the Liverpool reserve before he had even put pen to paper on a Juventus contract. Just three months later and his doubters, including myself, have had to reconsider their judgements.

While there are still some concerns over the amount Juve had to pay the Anfield outfit for him – the Bianconeri should have negotiated a fee of less than the agreed £8m – Sissoko has proved himself to be a revelation since his New Year switch. Although his early performances were understandably tentative, the 23-year-old has breathed new life into an exhausted Juventus midfield.

The Italian giants needed some mid-season touching up in the middle of the park. Almiron was sent on loan to Monaco just six months after his arrival, while Tiago remained only after the outfit couldn’t find a suitable buyer for the Portuguese flop. And with Antonio Nocerino struggling to live up to his early performances and Cristiano Zanetti’s fragile muscles needing a break, the decision was made to re-ignite their interest in Sissoko.

It was a brave move by Alessio Secco. To many it looked as if Sissoko’s arrival, especially at that price, was just the latest transfer blunder overseen by the much-maligned sporting director since the departure of Luciano Moggi in the summer of 2006. Instead, Momo is shaping up to be one of Secco’s most advantageous buys.

Today, Sissoko is a fans’ favourite. A giant in the thick of the action, the Mali international is not only being noted for his combative skills, but also for his ability on the ball where he’s demonstrated an unexpected aptitude for dribbling and shooting. It’s no wonder that he’s already being heralded as the new Patrick Vieira, even if that comparison may be a little restrictive in the long term.

“Rafael Benitez told me that I would become better than Vieira,” Sissoko noted recently. “I’m still young though, while Vieira has proved his worth. But I can only improve and why couldn’t I one day be a greater player? That’s certainly the hope.” And given his performances in 2008 so far, it’s probably too soon to bet against that happening. One slice of humble pie will be sufficient for now…

Antonio Labbate
Channel 4

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
IMO, he is already a better player than Mascherano.....defensively and offensively.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Momo Sissoko was supposed to have been the biggest waste of money since, well, Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes. Slow, tactically naïve and ill suited to the Italian game – these were a small selection of the criticisms launched at the Liverpool reserve before he had even put pen to paper on a Juventus contract. Just three months later and his doubters, including myself, have had to reconsider their judgements.

While there are still some concerns over the amount Juve had to pay the Anfield outfit for him – the Bianconeri should have negotiated a fee of less than the agreed £8m – Sissoko has proved himself to be a revelation since his New Year switch. Although his early performances were understandably tentative, the 23-year-old has breathed new life into an exhausted Juventus midfield.

The Italian giants needed some mid-season touching up in the middle of the park. Almiron was sent on loan to Monaco just six months after his arrival, while Tiago remained only after the outfit couldn’t find a suitable buyer for the Portuguese flop. And with Antonio Nocerino struggling to live up to his early performances and Cristiano Zanetti’s fragile muscles needing a break, the decision was made to re-ignite their interest in Sissoko.

It was a brave move by Alessio Secco. To many it looked as if Sissoko’s arrival, especially at that price, was just the latest transfer blunder overseen by the much-maligned sporting director since the departure of Luciano Moggi in the summer of 2006. Instead, Momo is shaping up to be one of Secco’s most advantageous buys.

Today, Sissoko is a fans’ favourite. A giant in the thick of the action, the Mali international is not only being noted for his combative skills, but also for his ability on the ball where he’s demonstrated an unexpected aptitude for dribbling and shooting. It’s no wonder that he’s already being heralded as the new Patrick Vieira, even if that comparison may be a little restrictive in the long term.

“Rafael Benitez told me that I would become better than Vieira,” Sissoko noted recently. “I’m still young though, while Vieira has proved his worth. But I can only improve and why couldn’t I one day be a greater player? That’s certainly the hope.” And given his performances in 2008 so far, it’s probably too soon to bet against that happening. One slice of humble pie will be sufficient for now…

Antonio Labbate
Channel 4
well said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)