Momo Sissoko (119 Viewers)

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
How did you come to that conclusion? Some played when we were still hang nails on our parents toes.
And how did you come to know that not all of them were bad? some played when we were still hang nails on our parents toes.

Acoording to you,none of us should say Pele is great,cos when he was playing we were not even born.

Dec 26, 2004
Emerson was great for Juventus, I can't believe one can be that illiterate about football and claim otherwise.

So according to members in Juventuz Zidane and now Emerson were bad for Juventus... who is next? Del Piero and Nedved?

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Emerson was essential 2004-2006 and one of our best players.
Emerson was great for Juventus, I can't believe one can be that illiterate about football and claim otherwise.

So according to members in Juventuz Zidane and now Emerson were bad for Juventus... who is next? Del Piero and Nedved?
The term "great" is too much for him,and he never added more than what Tacchinardi had.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
And how did you come to know that not all of them were bad? some played when we were still hang nails on our parents toes.

Acoording to you,none of us should say Pele is great,cos when he was playing we were not even born.
Well because Emerson was an absolute beast for us, Melo is on the path to recovery & Diego had his moments, can one really base his quality on a season where the entire team sucked ass?

Here's a list of the Brazilian players i haven't seen in action.

Jose Altafini - 1972–1976

Chinesinho - 1965-67

Colella Leonardo - 1955-56

Dino Da Costa - 1963–1966

Julio Cesar - 1990–1994

Armando Miranda - 1962–1963

Nene - 1963–1964

Pedro Sernagiotto - 1932–1934

Bruno Siciliano - 1960-1961

Emerson, Diego, Melo, Amauri & Julio Cesar weren't listed as i have seen them play.

Are you telling me that you have seen all those players in action? Do you actually have all those recorded matches in your possession? The onus is on YOU to prove that all of them were crap, not me.

Using Pele as an example is stupid. Every football fan knows that Pele & Maradonna were two of the greatest footballers to grace a football pitch. Their videos can be seen in almost every country, you can purchase a dvd set with all their games along with the "best of" either one of them.It is common fact that Pele was a footballing genius in his day & he is world renowned, there's a major difference between him & some Brazilian players that have played for Juve.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Well because Emerson was an absolute beast for us, Melo is on the path to recovery & Diego had his moments, can one really base his quality on a season where the entire team sucked ass?

Here's a list of the Brazilian players i haven't seen in action.

Jose Altafini - 1972–1976

Chinesinho - 1965-67

Colella Leonardo - 1955-56

Dino Da Costa - 1963–1966

Julio Cesar - 1990–1994

Armando Miranda - 1962–1963

Nene - 1963–1964

Pedro Sernagiotto - 1932–1934

Bruno Siciliano - 1960-1961

Emerson, Diego, Melo, Amauri & Julio Cesar weren't listed as i have seen them play.

Are you telling me that you have seen all those players in action? Do you actually have all those recorded matches in your possession? The onus is on YOU to prove that all of them were crap, not me.

Using Pele as an example is stupid. Every football fan knows that Pele & Maradonna were two of the greatest footballers to grace a football pitch. Their videos can be seen in almost every country, you can purchase a dvd set with all their games along with the "best of" either one of them.It is common fact that Pele was a footballing genius in his day & he is world renowned, there's a major difference between him & some Brazilian players that have played for Juve.
Emerson was not bad but he was not any better than the one he replaced (Tacchinardi).

All those who you haven't seen in action are also not seen by me,what i exactly meant,not just because we never saw them it means we can't judge how they were.They were never mentioned as good players in Juve,do you watch Juventus channel? I have never heard any single name of those mentioned in the channel,when we read about Juve History,those brazilian names are rarely mentioned.

Neither me nor you have recorded matches of 50's Juventus,but we both are sure that Boniperti was the legend of that era,and as it's well known that Pele was a legend it is also well known Sivori was the 60's Maradona,but those brazilians players were never mentioned anywhere to had made a great impact on the history of Juve.

Mate,there is something called History.I don't need a recorded footage to prove the pyramids were built by the pharohs.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Emerson was not bad but he was not any better than the one he replaced (Tacchinardi).

All those who you haven't seen in action are also not seen by me,what i exactly meant,not just because we never saw them it means we can't judge how they were.They were never mentioned as good players in Juve,do you watch Juventus channel? I have never heard any single name of those mentioned in the channel,when we read about Juve History,those brazilian names are rarely mentioned.

Neither me nor you have recorded matches of 50's Juventus,but we both are sure that Boniperti was the legend of that era,and as it's well known that Pele was a legend it is also well known Sivori was the 60's Maradona,but those brazilians players were never mentioned anywhere to had made a great impact on the history of Juve.

Mate,there is something called History.I don't need a recorded footage to prove the pyramids were built by the pharohs.
:howler:

Did we see the same Emerson?

So just because a player isn't mentioned or given any praise & attention, that means they were rubbish?

We had Di Livio & Conte, who were hard grafters that didn't get world recognized status, does that mean they were crap?

As for being able to judge a player even though you haven't seen them play. Are you friggin serious?:howler:

We have people here that said the following:

Paro > Fabregas.

DP > Pele

Iaquinta > Benzema

So in a few years time if a kid asks the persons that made those outlandish claims, if those statements are true, should they take their word for it? Just because those Brazilian players weren't crowd pleaser's or fan favorites, that means they weren't successful? If those Brazilian players names were barely mentioned, how did i find their stats?

There are many players that do all the hard work, grinding out important results & don't get any recognition for their efforts because football is more concerned about the goal scorer as to the player behind the scene of the goal.

History is nice but you should also recognize that history is flawed & some truths have been bent over time.

Using the pyramids as an example is just golden.:howler:

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
:howler:

Did we see the same Emerson?

So just because a player isn't mentioned or given any praise & attention, that means they were rubbish?

We had Di Livio & Conte, who were hard grafters that didn't get world recognized status, does that mean they were crap?

As for being able to judge a player even though you haven't seen them play. Are you friggin serious?:howler:

We have people here that said the following:

Paro > Fabregas.

DP > Pele

Iaquinta > Benzema

So in a few years time if a kid asks the persons that made those outlandish claims, if those statements are true, should they take their word for it? Just because those Brazilian players weren't crowd pleaser's or fan favorites, that means they weren't successful? If those Brazilian players names were barely mentioned, how did i find their stats?

There are many players that do all the hard work, grinding out important results & don't get any recognition for their efforts because football is more concerned about the goal scorer as to the player behind the scene of the goal.

History is nice but you should also recognize that history is flawed & some truths have been bent over time.

Using the pyramids as an example is just golden.:howler:
You see Emerson was better that Alessio,it's you opinion,i don't have any prob with it,but mine is Tacchi was greater.

Conte & Di Livio are recognized as great players,who said not? their names are chosen amongst those 50 names after which the new stadiums sections will be named.

I never said those brazilians were crap,but what i said they were not special.

You find it strange that i judge players who i never saw,though you yourself admitted that Pele was great despite not seeing him.:howler:

Those who says Paro>Cesc are just expressing their opinions,those are comments not facts.

I agree about what u said regarding History,but as long as you are not historian you have to accept what you read and you can't deny until you prove something else.

Boniperti was a legend,and you know that,have you ever seen him playing in a complete 90m match? and if not,will you say he was't a legend cos you only heard about him not saw?

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
You see Emerson was better that Alessio,it's you opinion,i don't have any prob with it,but mine is Tacchi was greater.

Conte & Di Livio are recognized as great players,who said not? their names are chosen amongst those 50 names after which the new stadiums sections will be named.

You find it strange that i judge players who i never saw,though you yourself admitted that Pele was great despite not seeing him.:howler:

Those who says Paro>Cesc are just expressing their opinions,those are comments not facts.

I agree about what u said regarding History,but as long as you are not historian you have to accept what you read and you can't deny until you prove something else.

Boniperti was a legend,and you know that,have you ever seen him playing in a complete 90m match? and if not,will you say he was't a legend cos you only heard about him not saw?
Wow, you are drinking Marotta's cool aid that being italian is better than anything else. Really? Tachi over Emerson? REALLY? And excuse me, but one has to be retarded to say fucking Paro is better than Fabregas, that's just wrong. Paro is a nobody.

Ok, now that I got my outrage out of my system at the daily dose of wtf moments at juventuz, I have to say players whose role is not offensive or too technical have a tougher time being appreciated despited how well they do their roles. Emerson was a great success at Juve, he had his final good years here before he left for Madrid and declined.

Viera was also great for us, even if he never played as good as he did in Arsenal, we still had one of the best cm pairings in the world with those 2 guys.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

No opinion in football is a fact mind you. Even saying Fabregas is better than Paro is not a fact.

But still in football theres conventional wisdom, and conventional wisdom suggests only an idiot would say something like Paro is better than Fabregas.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Wonderful.

NO, you made it a point to highlight that those Brazilian players were never mentioned in Juve channel, thus they were rubbish.

You said they were not a success, prove it. As i said to you, you made that statement, so back it up.

When did i say i didn't see footage of him playing? I saw some of his matches, ffs everybody's seen some of his matches & highlights.Read over my previous post.

No i don't.

No i haven't but my best friends dad did. He's one of the most objective people i know, he calls a spade a spade & he doesn't sugar coat things to suit his agenda.Whereas you're extremely subjective.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
dear god Gamarro,just as we were starting to hit it off

Tachinardi> Emerson :facepalm:

i shouldn't really be surprised though, during Emersons time here he was probably the most underrated player to have ever worn the Bianconeri. while Tacchinardi was a cult hero he was a limited footballer and up there with Maresca in terms of being hugely overrated.
Emerson was incredible for us,he was the one who held it all together and allowed those around him to express themselves,unfortunately for him this style of play regularly goes unnoticed and unappreciated but suffice to say that Emerson was as integral to our dominance at that time as Nedved,Ibrahimovic,Trezeguet and Delpie were

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)