Momo Sissoko (153 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Of which you can't comment because you've never seen him play, no? :p
When I said I haven't seen him play I didn't mean literally never. I've seen him maybe twice. But yeah, I can't really comment on Neymar but I really doubt he'd make more of an impact at a European club than Dzeko would. He may go on to be better than Dzeko, he may not. If we're going to pay the same amount for either of them, Neymar would be more of a gamble.

Having said all of this, we need fullbacks first! :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do people have the patience to wait for Neymar?

Even if Juve were to sign him, they would almost certainly have to wait 2-3 years for him to really make an impact.

In that time, Juve could destroy entire teams, sack five coaches and, possibly, sell Neymar for not performing immediately.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Can I just point out that, in recent years, Keirrison and Adriano have scored more than Neymar in Brazil. Keirrison made zero impact at Fiorentina and Adriano is, well, Adriano. :p

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007

Even if Juve were to sign him, they would almost certainly have to wait 2-3 years for him to really make an impact.

In that time, Juve could destroy entire teams, sack five coaches and, possibly, sell Neymar for not performing immediately.
The club didn't have the patience to wait for Diego, who's a much more established and proven (in Europe) player.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Was Messi proven before Barcelona signed him? was Pato proven before Milan shelled out the cash for him? Sometimes you HAVE to take risks on quality players, we're not talking Dentinho or Rodriguez risks here we are talking potentially huge huge huge players in World football.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008

On the otherhand he could adapt to Serie A like Pato did and start to make an impact straight away.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Are me and you finally agreeing on a player here?:p I thought me and Salv were the only Neymar fanboys on this forum.
I don't watch a lot of Brazilian league, the timing here isn't suitable, games are 4-5 in the morning. Sunday isn't a weekend here. But from the little i saw, he was just amazing. His talent is there for anyone who watched him to see.

When I said I haven't seen him play I didn't mean literally never. I've seen him maybe twice. But yeah, I can't really comment on Neymar but I really doubt he'd make more of an impact at a European club than Dzeko would. He may go on to be better than Dzeko, he may not. If we're going to pay the same amount for either of them, Neymar would be more of a gamble.

Having said all of this, we need fullbacks first! :D
Well ya, he's a bigger gamble than Dzeko probably. As for who will make a bigger impact thats hard to say, Neymar has bigger potential, if he makes it, he will probably be bigger than Dzeko. The keyword here being If. I'm not necessarily saying that Neymar is a better signing to make than Dzeko.

Oh and you've seen him twice? Thats almost as much as i've seen him :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Can I just point out that, in recent years, Keirrison and Adriano have scored more than Neymar in Brazil. Keirrison made zero impact at Fiorentina and Adriano is, well, Adriano. :p
What Adriano? Come on, if he didn't fuck it up for himself, he was easily one of the best strikers in the world for two years. So that isn't a good example at all.

I don't rate Neymar because of his stats anyway, i've never used them to form an opinion about a player. I've watched Neymar play a few times, and have been extremely impressed by his ability.

On the otherhand he could adapt to Serie A like Pato did and start to make an impact straight away.
Exactly, i don't know why people are dismissing that completely.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Was Messi proven before Barcelona signed him? was Pato proven before Milan shelled out the cash for him? Sometimes you HAVE to take risks on quality players, we're not talking Dentinho or Rodriguez risks here we are talking potentially huge huge huge players in World football.
Messi was 12 years old so it's not like he cost them a fortune.

Pato was a gamble. I'm not saying we shouldn't take a gamble, just that Dzeko is a very good, safer option.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Messi was 12 years old so it's not like he cost them a fortune.

Pato was a gamble. I'm not saying we shouldn't take a gamble, just that Dzeko is a very good, safer option.
Safer option......

You know Dzeko could easily cost 40 Million?

Neymar won't cost as much. Dzeko is as much of a gamble as Neymar is. Scoring in the Bundesliga is no sign that he will scored anywhere else, especially when you watch the defending there. Diego bagged them for fun in Germany yet failed to do anything in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)