Momo Sissoko (121 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Exactly, and that season we also played a 4-4-2 formation as we're planning to field this season too. Considering that now we brought Aquilani, that will almost eliminate the responsibility for him to make long or difficult passes, and let him concentrate on winning the ball from the opponent. No one can forget how he single handedly bossed our midfield in the second half of 2007/2008 season and the season after. It's not a coincidence that he was injured when we were loosing those many points in the league.

Look, I know he lacks passing skills, but that never stopped him from being a monster and covering the whole midfield by himself before with us. With the Aquilani signing and him being in form and in correct state of mind, I can see him having another good season for us.

You can kill me now, thank you very much.
This means you are disregarding Marchisio. Still I would have Momo on the bench no matter what he did in the past and I will field Aquilani - Marchisio week in week out as long as both are available. I will join Andy's gang and shout that we don't need a destroyer to boss the midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This means you are disregarding Marchisio. Still I would have Momo on the bench no matter what he did in the past and I will field Aquilani - Marchisio week in week out as long as both are available. I will join Andy's gang and shout that we don't need a destroyer to boss the midfield.
I just don't see how can we field an Aquilani - Marchisio duo against Inter and not get bossed and out-muscled in midfield. I agree that that duo will protect the defense a lot more when playing less rated teams in the league i.e. Chievo, etc. though.

All top coaches in Europe plays with a DM, even in today's modern football.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I just don't see how can we field an Aquilani - Marchisio duo against Inter and not get bossed and out-muscled in midfield. I agree that that duo will protect the defense a lot more when playing less rated teams in the league i.e. Chievo, etc. though.

I definitely want to check out the Aqua/Marchi pairing... it could be just SICK.

And luckily, when we really need a DM we have a very solid player - even if he didn't play anywhere near well enough last year.

That player's name is Felipe Melo. He's going to have a very good season... I can feel it. Hope he starts against Meeeeelan today.

:D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't believe I end up discussing the same thing day in day out.

I will say it once again, you can all enjoy Momo's turnovers, I, on the other hand, won't.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
And injures as many Milan players as he can. :agree:
Yeah, I really want Melo to get his head together... but if he snaps, and goes a little psycho today... well, it wouldn't be the worst time to do it...

;)

I take it back. Just a good hard, clean tackle... a la Chiello, on Van Persie. We can't afford to have Melo reverting to his old ways... at least not this early in the season...

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Yeah yeah. I should do the same when they signed Poulsen and sent Aquilani. But i didn't because they are doıng it themselves by calling him deadwood and swearing Hodgson. Go ask them, %90 would bring Sissoko back.

It would be foolish to think that forum will be immune from rising Islamophobia around the world. You can already read posts about that Juventus should not buy Muslim footballers anymore.

It's not for Curr or someone particular. Some are criticizing for performance on pitch, some are vomitting their hate on fasting. They know themselves. If you're not one of them no need to offend.
Are you seriously saying people are criticizing Sissoko just because of his religion?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This means you are disregarding Marchisio. Still I would have Momo on the bench no matter what he did in the past and I will field Aquilani - Marchisio week in week out as long as both are available.
Regardless of how they perform? In particular Marchisio, I like him, but man is he is beyond overrated around here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

True :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)