Momo Sissoko (153 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's not even like we got a particularly good offer for Poulsen. We lost 4.3 million on him.
This is very true... the price we received for Poulsen at first glance doesn't seem very good...

However, it does seem like the price we received on Aquilani's option (if it's the reported 15-16M) may partially explain the 'discount' we gave Liverpool... plus, there's a bonus included in the Poulsen sale, so we may recoup a little more there as well...

I'm pretty sure that Liverpool signed Alberto for 20M Euros, plus potential bonuses, so they may have just lost an easy 4M euros (+) on the Aquilani transaction as well.

It's a gamble, but if Aquilani comes good, it'll be a fantastic deal for us...

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
ok now everyone keeps reaeating the same thign again and again. this is get silly.

I Said EVERYONE knows he can comeplete a pass. big fucking whoop, that still doesn't mean anythign because OVERALL poulsen was a poor player for us.

now watch as the next person with a thumb up his ass tells us how poulsen can pass the ball.

yeah i mad
I'm not denying that Poulsen's time at Juventus was a failure, but yes he can pass the ball.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Why those who criticize him are losers? Did you watch him at all last season?
The whole team was rubbish last season, even Buffon.

Last season is no yardstick -

Momo runs his ass off every game - his play might not be pretty, but the pressure he puts on opposing attackers is exactly what's required of him, nothing more, nothing less.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure Buffon was the reason you guys went on a string of 1-0 wins at the start of the season. I also think the season wouldn't have been THAT disastrous had Buffon not been injured.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I'm pretty sure Buffon was the reason you guys went on a string of 1-0 wins at the start of the season. I also think the season wouldn't have been THAT disastrous had Buffon not been injured.
:tup:

If Buffon had not been hurt, I honestly don't think we would have been eliminated by Fulham, either. We may have lost that second leg still - given the red card, and lack of legitimate CB's, but I doubt we would have lost 4-1.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
:tup:

If Buffon had not been hurt, I honestly don't think we would have been eliminated by Fulham, either. We may have lost that second leg still - given the red card, and lack of legitimate CB's, but I doubt we would have lost 4-1.
Of course the keeper that game was just waiting to collect his Penzione

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not denying that Poulsen's time at Juventus was a failure, but yes he can pass the ball.
This is something I don't quite understand. A failure in what way?

If he was thought to be a Xabi Alonso, then yes, he would be a failure. But that isn't his fault, it would be the fault of that fucking retard Ranieri.

If he was thought to be some sort of savior to the team, as in somebody who could take us to the next level like a Gerrard or something, obviously that notion would fail as well. But again, that's not Poulsen's fault, it's the fault of the idiots who came up with such bullshit.

So I don't get how Poulsen failed. In the end he turned out to be more reliable than Sissoko, so perhaps folks should start saying Momo is the real failure. He hasn't lived up to anything besides being a bull in a china shoppe over the years.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't believe how many losers attack this guy, he is a top DM
You're the loser for defending him.

Post number 6 in this thread:
That described Momo in the best possible way.

Poulsen should have stayed as a rotation player. hell, as a starter in tough matches. But hey Sissoko can tackle and recover balls he gave away so he's better. :agree:
Indeed and now with the arrival of Aquilani, Poulsen all of a sudden looks like a much better option than Momo.

Poulsen was not that good anyway. just because he can pass the ball 2 meters doesn't make him all that amazing you fools.

he was not a good dm for us simple as that. read that again. AS A DM HE WAS NOT GOOD. no one cares if you can pass the ball to a player 5 meters from you if you can't protect the defense like you are supposed to.
this is another issue. the issue at hand he is Poulsen is such an amazing passer people are willing to forgive that the fact that he sucked overall as a player for us.

just another stupid signing from Secco and Ranieri.
It is not that Poulsen is Xabi, it is not that Poulsen is the best midfielder that we can ever field, it is just that Poulsen offers more to the team than Sissoko and makes a whole lot less mistakes. It is obvious why he was given a higher wage, simply because he is the better player.

Jul 2, 2006
Post number 6 in this thread:
Yeah yeah. I should do the same when they signed Poulsen and sent Aquilani. But i didn't because they are doıng it themselves by calling him deadwood and swearing Hodgson. Go ask them, %90 would bring Sissoko back.

It would be foolish to think that forum will be immune from rising Islamophobia around the world. You can already read posts about that Juventus should not buy Muslim footballers anymore.

It's not for Curr or someone particular. Some are criticizing for performance on pitch, some are vomitting their hate on fasting. They know themselves. If you're not one of them no need to offend.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah yeah. I should do the same when they signed Poulsen and sent Aquilani. But i didn't because they are doıng it themselves by calling him deadwood and swearing Hodgson. Go ask them, %90 would bring Sissoko back.

It would be foolish to think that forum will be immune from rising Islamophobia around the world. You can already read posts about that Juventus should not buy Muslim footballers anymore.

It's not for Curr or someone particular. Some are criticizing for performance on pitch, some are vomitting their hate on fasting. They know themselves. If you're not one of them no need to offend.
Well it is obvious that Aquilani is a better player than Poulsen, that's a no brainer but that does not deny the fact that Poulsen is a much better player than Momo.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
JCK, who did you rate best in 2008/2009 season, not taking in mind the disastrous season we had after? Momo or Poulsen?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
JCK, who did you rate best in 2008/2009 season, not taking in mind the disastrous season we had after? Momo or Poulsen?
Momo was better that season but there is a reason for that, Nedved, Camoranesi, C. Zanetti around Momo played a major role in that. He tackled and they took the ball from him.

And it is obvious that Momo ever since that half of a season he's been on a decline.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Momo was better that season but there is a reason for that, Nedved, Camoranesi, C. Zanetti around Momo played a major role in that. He tackled and they took the ball from him.

And it is obvious that Momo ever since that half of a season he's been on a decline.
Exactly, and that season we also played a 4-4-2 formation as we're planning to field this season too. Considering that now we brought Aquilani, that will almost eliminate the responsibility for him to make long or difficult passes, and let him concentrate on winning the ball from the opponent. No one can forget how he single handedly bossed our midfield in the second half of 2007/2008 season and the season after. It's not a coincidence that he was injured when we were loosing those many points in the league.

Look, I know he lacks passing skills, but that never stopped him from being a monster and covering the whole midfield by himself before with us. With the Aquilani signing and him being in form and in correct state of mind, I can see him having another good season for us.

You can kill me now, thank you very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)