Molina diagnosed with testicular cancer :( (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
From SA:

10/14/2002. Deportivo's goalkeeper Jose Francisco Molina has been forced to temporally retire from football as he undergoes chemotherapy to fight a malignant tumour in his testicles.

Molina underwent an operation in June 2001 after discovering the tumour, but was told by doctors that it was malignant and wouldn't effect his normal life.

However, it was found on Wednesday that there was serious complications and he would need chemotherapy.

The keeper has been missing this season with a knee injury, but will now be away from football for the foreseeable future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is terrible news :frown: I didn't know he underwent an operation before. I hope it's not getting too serious.

~Sarah

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AlexDP ] ++
From SA:

10/14/2002. Deportivo's goalkeeper Jose Francisco Molina has been forced to temporally retire from football as he undergoes chemotherapy to fight a malignant tumour in his testicles.

Molina underwent an operation in June 2001 after discovering the tumour, but was told by doctors that it was malignant and wouldn't effect his normal life.

However, it was found on Wednesday that there was serious complications and he would need chemotherapy.

The keeper has been missing this season with a knee injury, but will now be away from football for the foreseeable future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is terrible news :frown: I didn't know he underwent an operation before. I hope it's not getting too serious.

~Sarah
That article makes no sense. Malignant tumors are bad ones, they spread to other parts of the body. If the doctors thought that it was malignant, they would not have let it go.

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Exactly. And the thing is that it was June 2001 - about a year ago. I don't think they should've taken it lightly :frown:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    all the best wishes to his eventual recovery, he is indeed a great keeper, and will doubtless be missed, by both club and country.

miriam

Jul 30, 2002
    after the operation, there was no cancer, but when he did the usual checkup last Wednesday he used to do each 2 months, the doctors found these complications. the tumour now is in the abdomen. yesterday he started chemotherapy
    terrible:frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)