Moise Kean (38 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
meh doesnt mean much. he's 19 and brand new to the league.

if hes anywhere near good enough to have been of use to us then he should be starting for them soon.

Jun 6, 2015
Calwert-Lewin is a workhorse with little end product. I think what Silva wants is for Kean to improve his pressing and overall linkup play. They would complement each other as a forward partnership quite well. I'm sure Kean will end up starting at some point though. It's quite normal to ease new players in. Especially if they are young and coming from a different league.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont feel sorry for him at all. He could have stayed and he would be one of the first players to come off the bench. But his game depends too much on people around him so in a shit team, he wont look any better. If he scores more than 10 goals this season, Id be surprised.
I don't feel sorry either but I hope to see him thrive. At least for the Azzurri's sake

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
There's little doubt he's capable of being their main man up front. His stats are way more impressive than Calvin-Lewin's. I haven't seen Calvin-Lewin play, so can't comment on him generally but he's got three years on Kean, about five times more caps but almost the same amount of goals.

It's pretty normal that a young player from a foreign country and league should be weened up the hierarchy. With mature, proven players it's different. The explanation that he hasn't proven he's adapted in training might be entirely true, but I reckon they know how good Kean is going to be and its just a pretence for keeping him grounded and to send a message to the squad about merit and earning your place early in the season.

I think he'll suit the EPL just fine. Would love a good explanation from Paratici though as to why he was sold. Makes such little sense even now. I can only think that Paratici can't cull old duds and Kean was simply a quick, easy and short term (short-sighted) solution to his problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 32)