Moise Kean (81 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Did Kean get any scoring chance?
No, Morgan Schneiderlin took a red card pretty much right after Kean came on and they had to make another change, so Sigurdsson had to be sacrificed. There was one ball they tried where Moise made a run, but pass was little bit too fast and he couldn't get to it, so that was probably the best "chance".

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not just a retarded sporting decision to sell him but also beyond stupid to get rid of him (and Spinazzola too) for UEFA lists.

Some horrible management from the club in terms of recruitment and outgoings this summer. We are in for a disappointing season and it’s been evident for a while now.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
yes. his wages and amortization cost next to nothing, was a great backup player, and his replacement wouldn't make the cl list. great fucking deal for a couple of millions of plusvalenza, while we'll most certainly lose on overpaying for pellegrini, who's likely to never play an official match in a juve jersey.

many players are supposed to leave the club, but as they are on an undeservedly high salary, none of them is actually willing to go elsewhere. that is careless management, both from marotta and paratici.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,467
    yes. his wages and amortization cost next to nothing, was a great backup player, and his replacement wouldn't make the cl list. great fucking deal for a couple of millions of plusvalenza, while we'll most certainly lose on overpaying for pellegrini, who's likely to never play an official match in a juve jersey.

many players are supposed to leave the club, but as they are on an undeservedly high salary, none of them is actually willing to go elsewhere. that is careless management, both from marotta and paratici.
    dude,

it was about Spina not counting as HG player in the CL. #calma

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    How long are you guys going to beat this dead horse?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...tus-deal-until-2024/w4hzlzjy1sw11m9l2n71bfuni

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/raiola-hints-on-juves-contract-stalemate-with-kean/

He and raiola didn't want to sign a contract extension without juve guaranteeing him first team football.End of story.
    Sell now or lose him for free.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...tus-deal-until-2024/w4hzlzjy1sw11m9l2n71bfuni

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/raiola-hints-on-juves-contract-stalemate-with-kean/

He and raiola didn't want to sign a contract extension without juve guaranteeing him first team football.End of story.

I would have trusted this kid over Higuain or Mandzukic as our starting CF, any day of the week.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Give him first team football, obviously. Kid scored a goal every 90 minutes last year here.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Not just a retarded sporting decision to sell him but also beyond stupid to get rid of him (and Spinazzola too) for UEFA lists.

Some horrible management from the club in terms of recruitment and outgoings this summer. We are in for a disappointing season and it’s been evident for a while now.
    I can understand, from a tactical point of view, selling Spina. We're opting for full-backs with a more defensive bent - fair enough. But selling Kean without a buy-back was plain idiocy. It's becoming clear that the club is still looking to offload any of Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic without a preference or plan - just see what offers come in and when. Kean would have been a perfect deputy to whichever CF was meant to be our #1. It looks like there is and will be (in the minds of management, at least) no #1 CF this season and that is a massive botch up.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Spinazzola didn’t count as homegrown, right?

UEFA rules are dumb as shit in this regard. He absolutely should have counted as homegrown.
    I dont think its stupid, it is encouraging clubs to develop young players and give them a chance instead of sending them on endless loans. Every club should have atleast one servicable player that came through your own ranks in the 1st team, giving you a chance to have minimum 22 players for rotation plus 3 youngsters. It used to be Marchisio for us, could have been Immobile, later Coman (bought him as a 18 yo, would have been HG by the time hes 21) and now Kean, but we dont pay enough attention to this. We should keep an eye on Romagna and Audero this season, look to bring back atleast one next summer.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I dont think its stupid, it is encouraging clubs to develop young players and give them a chance instead of sending them on endless loans. Every club should have atleast one servicable player that came through your own ranks in the 1st team, giving you a chance to have minimum 22 players for rotation plus 3 youngsters. It used to be Marchisio for us, could have been Immobile, later Coman (bought him as a 18 yo, would have been HG by the time hes 21) and now Kean, but we dont pay enough attention to this. We should keep an eye on Romagna and Audero this season, look to bring back atleast one next summer.
    Now that we have a reserve team, it makes sense. If we had the setup of Madrid/Barca/whoever with a team in the B division all along that makes it much easier. But having to try to bring players straight from Primavera (which is nowhere near a professional league) to our main team is just silly. I'm not a fan of the rule, and I think it should apply to players like Spinazzola who are late bloomers, and who never would have been given the time and space to develop at a top club like Juve, and so several years of loans worked wonders for the guy. That shouldn't change his homegrown status, as we kept ahold of his ownership for that entire time. And if he was homegrown he'd probably still be here right now.

I do, however, think UEFA should put a cap on the number of players a team can have loaned out at any given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Rules are rules though, and we have to comply, so I definitely agree with you that the club needs to do a better job of this. It's somewhat mind-boggling that we sold Kean because of this.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Now that we have a reserve team, it makes sense. If we had the setup of Madrid/Barca/whoever with a team in the B division all along that makes it much easier. But having to try to bring players straight from Primavera (which is nowhere near a professional league) to our main team is just silly. I'm not a fan of the rule, and I think it should apply to players like Spinazzola who are late bloomers, and who never would have been given the time and space to develop at a top club like Juve, and so several years of loans worked wonders for the guy. That shouldn't change his homegrown status, as we kept ahold of his ownership for that entire time. And if he was homegrown he'd probably still be here right now.

I do, however, think UEFA should put a cap on the number of players a team can have loaned out at any given time.
    The B team will be immense, we should have put much more effort into making it strong enough to compete for Serie B from the get go, hopefully it will be competing for top of the table this year. But even without much HG talent there is a way around the rule, by scouting and buying kids aged 16, 17, 18 like we did with Coman. Bentancur we scouted early but bought only when he was 19 so hes a year short of being HG. Could have went for de Ligt last summer for example, get Mirante as backup GK etc. Its not like we are without options, we just seem not to focus enough on this, resulting in guys like Licht and Cuads being left out of CL lists.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    No, Morgan Schneiderlin took a red card pretty much right after Kean came on and they had to make another change, so Sigurdsson had to be sacrificed. There was one ball they tried where Moise made a run, but pass was little bit too fast and he couldn't get to it, so that was probably the best "chance".
    Your avatar is greatness. :tup:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    I can understand, from a tactical point of view, selling Spina. We're opting for full-backs with a more defensive bent - fair enough. But selling Kean without a buy-back was plain idiocy. It's becoming clear that the club is still looking to offload any of Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic without a preference or plan - just see what offers come in and when. Kean would have been a perfect deputy to whichever CF was meant to be our #1. It looks like there is and will be (in the minds of management, at least) no #1 CF this season and that is a massive botch up.
    I think ur missing point here - this guy didn't want to be a deputy to any one and that was the problem. He wouldn't accept being bench option for another year and had one year left on his contract

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    From FI:

'Kean not ready for Everton'

Everton boss Marco Silva claims Moise Kean will only start once ‘he shows to me in training he’s ready and that he’s better than the others.’
    Kean left Juventus for Everton on the proviso he would have more first-team opportunities, with the Toffees having lacked a regular goalscorer since Romelu Lukaku in 2017.
    However, the 19-year-old has so far been limited to substitute appearances and was benched for the third game running against Aston Villa on Friday evening.
    “When he shows to me in training he’s ready and that he’s better than the others,” Silva said before the Premier League fixture.
    “He’s a quality player but we have to give him time to perform in the way we want.
    “We are starting with Dominic Calvert-Lewin up front and we have other solutions from the bench but we are very pleased with him.
    “Dominic is a young player also, we have young players who have quality and different qualities across the front line.
    “Dominic is working hard, when you play with one forward it is very hard and he has not scored yet but I hope he starts tonight.
    “I’m really confident we have enough quality to start creating more. When you look at our bench now, we have many players who can help us.”

So much for his playing time, too bad he couldn't sit on the bench for us...and get his chances from time to time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)