Moggi's biggest mistake (3 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
i dunno. overlap means it'll end sooner and i predict 6 weeks before u ignore me again for something else.

consecutive sentences are....blargh you figure it out :D
We're not good with any type of time sentances...that's why we have excecutions where i come from :p

So, how bad do you want your head? :D

Sep 28, 2002
this is some kind of conspiration. i question moggi's greatness, then you two come, start this crap talking and there you have it, no one knows that moggi is not oh-so-great.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
hindsight is a wonderful thing.we can all complain about his mistakes but when we hailed leggro,appiah and salas' arrivals everyone thought that they were great buys.

it's like blaming moggi for being unable to predict the future.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Since Moggi joined the club we have won:
5 Scudetti
3 Runners-up

1 Champions League
3 CL Runners-up

Yeah, he isnt that good, after all during his era we rarely finished below 2second place, and went to more CL finals than our entire history.
And this is not to mention the fact that club was struggling financially and decaying franchise like Inter.

And during his time we have bought:

Alex Del Piero
Didier Deschamp
Paulo Sousa,
Vladimir Jugovic
Paolo Montero,
Chritian Vieri (and made a lot of profit too),
Pippo Inzaghi,
Buffon,
Nedved
Thuram,
Davids, ( for a peanut butter)
Torricelli,
Pessetto,
Zizou ( world record value added),
Trezeguet ( It seems like we are going to make profit on him)
Maresca ( From WBA, and virtual unknown)

as well as perhaps creating deepest youth system on earth. And not to mention the fact that he has been instrumental in bringing Lippi when perhaps on both occasions he wasnt most well known nor highly regarded coach.

Moggi does make his share of mistakes but comparative to other GM, he has been one of the most resourceful, creative and effective boss in recent times.

Perhaps there may be sign that: 1) He may start to think himself as invincibly 2) He may not have clear new strategy this time unlike past 2 reconstructions.
If people want big signing then please be free to support Inter. What have they done since 1989?:D

Square

Oct 6, 2002
moggi has fallen of badly.

- we missed out on nesta, and cannvaro, in one summer. we could easily have got them if moggi tried hard.

- we signed legro due to a personal duel with roma and sensi. we would not have bought legro if roma wanted him. instead, we bought him, and they bought chivu.

- he didnt sign kaka despite having a first option on him. he then went on to make fun of his name.

- he sold vieri when his prime was due.

- he didnt renew sousas contract.

- even though davids wanted to go, he made it more painful and didnt make the most of him this season due to a contract dispute!

- he made a panic buy and bought di vaio for 18million and swapped one of our most promising players; brighi.

- he wasted the talents of olivera.

- he did not sign any defenders this january.

- he bought esnaider. despite what you may say, he was absolutely rubbish. whats worse, moggi thought hed replace del piero!

- we bought baicco for over 5million then loaned him back after 6 months.

- he loaned out gasba to a serie b side despite samp wanting him, offerin serie a experience.

- he has wasted so many young players; max vieri, sculli, paro, brighi, blasi, guzman, zalayeta. these were no ordinary players.

- despite having "one of the best youth systems in the world" he does nothing with it, only using them in stupid swap deals and reducing the confidence of potential young jvue players in our youth system.

and what has he done? bought del piero and zidane for good prices, and bought davids. nedved and buffon dont count due to their price.

del piero and zidane are more due to our scouts, and not the general manager.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
As for Moggi's biggest mistakes...

1) Not buying Nesta. Rio was worth 30M, and Nesta 16M??!!!
Come on Moggi, how can you let such opportunity go?!!!

2) Selling Henry:
He had pretty special talent even before he went to Arsenal. He was destined to be great. Kudos for Wenger for making him the player he is, but Henry would have developed into fine player anyway given right environment. One of the reason why I would kill Ancelotti who obviously thought Pippo was better than Henry.

3) Davids Saga
He should have either given him the money or just sold him for hard cash.
In the end we were the only losers.

4) Thinking himself as invincible.
His past record has been great but once this get into your head then we have problem.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
as well as perhaps creating deepest youth system on earth.
That's the frustrating thing; how many of those hugely promising youth players have we given a fair go!? Imagine if Arsenal or Man Utd. had all those young stars; I'm sure they'd be fighting for a place in the first team by now :fero:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
moggi has fallen of badly.

- we missed out on nesta, and cannvaro, in one summer. we could easily have got them if moggi tried hard.

- we signed legro due to a personal duel with roma and sensi. we would not have bought legro if roma wanted him. instead, we bought him, and they bought chivu.

- he didnt sign kaka despite having a first option on him. he then went on to make fun of his name.

- he sold vieri when his prime was due.

- he didnt renew sousas contract.

- even though davids wanted to go, he made it more painful and didnt make the most of him this season due to a contract dispute!

- he made a panic buy and bought di vaio for 18million and swapped one of our most promising players; brighi.

- he wasted the talents of olivera.

- he did not sign any defenders this january.

- he bought esnaider. despite what you may say, he was absolutely rubbish. whats worse, moggi thought hed replace del piero!

- we bought baicco for over 5million then loaned him back after 6 months.

- he loaned out gasba to a serie b side despite samp wanting him, offerin serie a experience.

- he has wasted so many young players; max vieri, sculli, paro, brighi, blasi, guzman, zalayeta. these were no ordinary players.

- despite having "one of the best youth systems in the world" he does nothing with it, only using them in stupid swap deals and reducing the confidence of potential young jvue players in our youth system.

and what has he done? bought del piero and zidane for good prices, and bought davids. nedved and buffon dont count due to their price.

del piero and zidane are more due to our scouts, and not the general manager.
it's like blaming moggi for being unable to predict the future.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Well pretty strong argument there Square though I dont quite agree with the sentiment.

1) Before Moggi we were struggling financially and playing wise.
And GM should be judged based on these criteria since they are objective which all FC try to achieve. Transfer markets, marketing, and etc? They are mere means to achieve the goal.

2) Setting the scouting sytem.
Of course, scouts plays pivotal role in finding and developing young talents such as Zizou and Alex and their achievements should be notified. But Moggi is the one who set up the whole system and employs such scouts. He should also get his share of credits.

3) Setting up youth system.
Before Moggi came here, we had a Inter-like policy splash cash and lets win mentality, and in fact we played like Inter.:moan:.
But since he came here, he has been more willing to bet on youngsters and unknown signings than previous regime.
Furthermore, Moggi has shown that he is master of strategy in rebuilding the team. On the first occasion, he has added veteran presence who gave balance and experience to the team such as Jugovic, Paolo Sousa, and Vierchowod. On the second time, he totally dismantled the team and went for the youth of Del Piero, Zizou, Montero, Vieri and co. It takes guts to make such moves and paid off handsomely.

As for not giving young players chance, I think it has more to do with Lippi than Moggi. After all, it is the coach who makes the selection.
Anyway, not all stars are going to make it to the top, and so why not hedge such risk and send young stars for less risky established ones? It is just pity that he bought Legro. Furthermore, I dont think he has quite revealed his plan yet (He may not have it though) and I will reserve my judgement on how he deals with our youth before rebuilding starts, which btw I think will start officially from this summer.

I do agree with some of the mistakes that Moggi made, and by no means he is invincible. As a matter of fact, I do suspect that the success of the past has got into his head, and I think there is a possibility that he may mess up this years transfer market. Furthermore, his performance in last 2years has been less than impressive. Nonetheless, given his past record I am willing to back Moggi to have another successful rebuilding.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
2) Setting the scouting sytem.
Of course, scouts plays pivotal role in finding and developing young talents such as Zizou and Alex and their achievements should be notified. But Moggi is the one who set up the whole system and employs such scouts. He should also get his share of credits.
You gotta admit though, our South American scouts need to be shot

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

You gotta admit though, our South American scouts need to be shot
True, but involves none other than our legend Omar Sivori,
;).

However, I guess it is more of Moggi's fault for not buying young players such as D'ale, Saviola, Kaka, and co. than our scouts.
Or conversely our scouts not making convincing argument to Moggi.:D.

Anyway, yeah we have been less than impressive on South American players since Moggi took over.
How can we end up with Athirson, Sorin, Esnaider (though he played in La Liga), Zalayeta, Carrini, and co. given the wealth of talent there?!!:eek:

madani

Mar 31, 2004
Hey people .Let us all stop talking about all the mistakes he had done. Just think of them as a sunk cost. You can never go back in time to prevent those mistake.
I wish from the bottom of my heart that those mistakes dont appear again. We need Moggi to buy some of the good young players now before it is too late.
We should give on getting cassano or kaka or other players because our rivals wont sell us their players. even if they agree to sell them it will be at great cost
Some of the young players we should buy now before others sign them are:

1)Striker
Fernando Cavenaghi(I saw him play in the youth world cup here in uae last november/december...he is one of the most talented young players i ever saw) he is just the next BATISTUTA and imagine how much he can add to our team. perhaps we should sell di vaio because he is playing like beginners (11 offsides against deportivo even INZAGHI didnt do that)

2) defenders
Mexes,Trabelsi they are both good and might add to the team
There is also a brazilian player called DANIELE or something he also played here in UAE in the youth world cup he is as good as cafu

3)playmakers
D'allessandro,deco,rosicky

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Welcome to the forums madani, good first post :)

I'd be quite pleased if we got most of those players you mentioned :thumb:

Square

Oct 6, 2002
jun we'll have to agree to disagree. i have little faith in moggi now.

maybe he will pull something out of the hat though, lets hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)