Moggi's biggest mistake (1 Viewer)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Everyone on earth thought that buying Salas was a masterpiece at the time. Moggi did not blow out the guy's knee, the pitch in Bologna did that in Salas' 7th match.

Biggest mistakes:

Buying Sunday Oliseh
Selling Simone Perrotta

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
In:
Jocelyn Blanchard
Sunday Oliseh
Fabian O'Neill
Zoran Mirkovic
Edwin van der sar
Marcelo Salas
Juan Esnaider
Ruben Olivera
Mark Iuliano
Manuel Dimas

Out:
Thierry Henry
Christian Vieri
Darko Kovacevic
Simone Perrotta
Paulo Sousa

I sure I'm missing some but I still believe Moggi is the best. ;)

Biggest mistake selling Henry and not buying D's this winter.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Henry became good at Arsenal because Wenger insisted against Thierry's will that he was a striker. Henry thought he was a midfielder, but Wenger literally forced him to play as a striker and made him the player he is today

I was happy when we got Salas, because Kovacevic would only score in cup matches, and Salas was playing well at the time.

I was excited about signing Oliseh, because I like African players, and because of that simply amazing cracker of a goal he scored against Spain at France 98 :strong:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
yeah... Oliseh's career went downhill since 1998..

i was actually very unhappy when we got Salas. I never liked him even when he was at lazio. he didn't score that many. Crespo did all the damage. we spent so much on him and he was in his late 20's at the time. I'd take Kova over Salas any day.

Moggi's biggest mistakes:
1. Letting Chivu join Roma
2. signing O'Neil then Baiocco when we had Maresca under our books.
3. Selling Perotta

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Mistakes: Selling Henry!!! but he is only human and he made a human mistake except that he was in a rating of 9.9 from 10

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Henry became good at Arsenal because Wenger insisted against Thierry's will that he was a striker. Henry thought he was a midfielder, but Wenger literally forced him to play as a striker and made him the player he is today
i was wondering how that happened

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Moggi's biggest mistakes:
1. Letting Chivu join Roma
2. signing O'Neil then Baiocco when we had Maresca under our books.
3. Selling Perotta
Very well stated.

I thought Fabian O'Neil was going to be a good one. Too bad it did not work out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)