Moggi working on a blockbuster deal (50m €+ to spend) (146 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
tassard said:
Am I the only one who does not want Henry in Juve?

I was just about to write the exact same thing!!

I do not want Henry back, i think he is good but overrated. He has only ever shown his abilities in the EPL, and has rarely played well in International Games/Champions League.

I do not think that he is suited to Serie A, and would be better in Spain where there is more space to run.

He is 28/29 and would cost a huge amount of money, for a player whose main asset is pace. We need younger players and future stars not falling ones.

Apr 29, 2006
Juventus are not going to get Henry, because we will look exactly like Real(M) then. And if we sell the young and talanted Ibrahimovic we are really stupid.
3 reasons:
1. Due to Recent Games Henry is highly overrated (rumors float around 50 mln. Euros)
2.Ibrahimovic is deeply underrated thanks to our success this season and his personal participation in it(my personal opinion is that eventual deal, even galactic one like this would not set his price for more than 15-20 mln. euros)
3.Counting their age difference - Zlatan 24/ Henry 29(when we could use him)
we will be so F_cked that probably this will be the worst deal in the world, after of course Ronaldo transfer to Inter Milan.
So all in all I would say that we do not need Henry and certainly we should not sell Zlatan now. So I got no idea who we gonna take, but nonetheless I know that Henry said he wants to stay in Arsenal forever, not to mention if they Win CL they are actually playing again next year.
So concentrate over different rumours.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
young and talented ibrahimovic? underrated? have you seen a game this year?
Henry scores some amazing goals and is a great playmaker, he isn't overrated.........he isn't right for our team but he is one of the best strikers in the world...........stop kissing ibrah's butt and watch some soccer homie

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
JUVE is one of the biggest clubs in europe and if we keep ibrah he won't sit on the bench where he belongs......hes way to cocky and he needs to get his head right so that he can have a decent career.

Dec 29, 2005
Only thing we need to do for next season is to bring half Arsenal team in Juve (Eboue, Toure, Fabregas, Reyes, Pires(because he is free), Henry) and sell: Zebina, Emerson, Blasi, Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta.

-------------------------Buffon---------------------------
---Eboue--------Toure--------Cannavaro---Zambrotta

---Camoranesi--Fabregas---Vieira------Nedved----

-----------------Trezeguet---Henry---------------------

Substitute: Antonioli, Balzareti, Chielini, Thuram, Kovac, Marchionni, Reyes, Pires, Gianiccheda, Mutu, Del piero

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Boksic said:
I was just about to write the exact same thing!!

I do not want Henry back, i think he is good but overrated. He has only ever shown his abilities in the EPL, and has rarely played well in International Games/Champions League.
I do not think that he is suited to Serie A, and would be better in Spain where there is more space to run.

He is 28/29 and would cost a huge amount of money, for a player whose main asset is pace. We need younger players and future stars not falling ones.
:disagree:
this is soooo untrue...

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
koss said:
Juventus are not going to get Henry, because we will look exactly like Real(M) then. And if we sell the young and talanted Ibrahimovic we are really stupid.
3 reasons:
1. Due to Recent Games Henry is highly overrated (rumors float around 50 mln. Euros)
2.Ibrahimovic is deeply underrated thanks to our success this season and his personal participation in it(my personal opinion is that eventual deal, even galactic one like this would not set his price for more than 15-20 mln. euros)
3.Counting their age difference - Zlatan 24/ Henry 29(when we could use him)
we will be so F_cked that probably this will be the worst deal in the world, after of course Ronaldo transfer to Inter Milan.
So all in all I would say that we do not need Henry and certainly we should not sell Zlatan now. So I got no idea who we gonna take, but nonetheless I know that Henry said he wants to stay in Arsenal forever, not to mention if they Win CL they are actually playing again next year.
So concentrate over different rumours.
what about counting in difference goals they have scored?!

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
pinturicchios10 said:
Only thing we need to do for next season is to bring half Arsenal team in Juve (Eboue, Toure, Fabregas, Reyes, Pires(because he is free), Henry) and sell: Zebina, Emerson, Blasi, Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta.

Substitute: Antonioli, Balzareti, Chielini, Thuram, Kovac, Marchionni, Reyes, Pires, Gianiccheda, Mutu, Del piero
We also want to buy Highbury :D

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
pinturicchios10 said:

I dont want anybody playing for arsenal right now......
i like balza better then Eboue, thuram better then toure, i like bringing in Marchionni then fabergas and Henry had his Juve chance behind dek and trez.

so basically i think it was a horrible posted lol

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
getting players who beat your team is stupid. So what if they rocked against us, they wont rock with us, especially under capello. And capello style doesnt suit to those players like fabregas, hleb or someone else.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Stripper said:
I dont see anything wrong with that? At Juve's level, its very tricky 2 test out younger talents, u need players who have proved that they can play at the highest level, look at arsenal, they may be doing amazing in CL but it doesnt look like they'll be in the CL next year, and dont forget they had an easier path 2 the finals than every1 thinks, they played a lazy Real, an uninspired Juve and a very unlucky Villareal

There's nothing wrong with it? You give me Arsenal's example of youngsters who are in the final of the Champions League mind you. And then go on to describe their opponents as being lacklustre. All said and done, it is the enthusiasm of their youth that has taken out arguably two better line ups of the two teams that are in the list of most successful clubs in the world. It's funny you fail to give me Madrid's example, which is based on the ideology you agree with: a team full of Galacticos - but then again, when they havent won anything but criticism in the last 3 years I cant blame you for not using their example. Dont fail to note however, a team full of Prima Donnas will never work out. Take the example of Patrick Vieira vs Cesc Fabregas. What was the difference between the two? It wasnt the quality and talent they each possess. It was the hunger that was. Remember big players come with egos, lifestyles, big salaries and most importantly a lack of desire. At this level, big names and money dont win you anything. Inspiration and enthusiasm does.

Sep 1, 2002
They outfought and out thought us: simple as that. We bullied teams into submission early in the season but tacticaly we have been wanting if teams decide to stand up to and out run us.

Capello verses Wenger: Wenger wins each time.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Morra10 said:
JUVE is one of the biggest clubs in europe and if we keep ibrah he won't sit on the bench where he belongs......hes way to cocky and he needs to get his head right so that he can have a decent career.
Totally right...

Anyway, did you hear about our link with Lyon's Govou??:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Govou Reiterates Desire To Leave

Lyon ace Sidney Govou has restated his wish to enjoy a new adventure starting with next season.

The France winger has long been linked to Juventus, Liverpool and Rangers, but agreed last summer to stay another year.

"A lot of things have changed since last year," Govou told the club website.

"Before I wanted to leave in order to progress, but now I just feel it is the right time for me to experience something else."

"Of course, I would like to play in the Champions League every season of my career, but I have to make choices," insisted Govou.

http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/Rest_of_Europe/page_109_119737.shtml

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
What the hell are we waiting for to get this guy??

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Suazo denies transfer contact

Juventus, Inter and Manchester United have not made an approach for David Suazo, the Cagliari striker maintains.

The Honduran hotshot has been associated with the trio in recent months given his goal exploits in Italy this term.

Although honoured to have been associated with clubs of such stature, the forward insists he is unaware of what awaits him in the future.

“It will be my job to just take advantage of the most important opportunity that comes my way,” he told TgCom on Thursday.

“It is pleasing to see my name paired with clubs like Juventus, Inter and Manchester United, but I have not had a call from anyone.”

Suazo, a powerful, quick and technical attacker, is expected to be cashed in on in the summer after really catching the eye.

And he is clearly delighted that his many goals have been enough to keep the Sardinian side’s top-flight status intact.

“Having equalled the club record of 21 goals in a season which Gigi Riva holds was great,” he added. “It’s an important achievement.”

Suazo has amazingly scored more than half of his club’s 40 Serie A goals so far in the 2005-06 campaign.

Channel4

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I read on soccerway.com a while back that Fifa have imposed a price roof on henry of approx. 15M Euros that is Arsenal cannot ask for more because he is in his last year of his contract.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
FC Barcelona

BARCELONA, Mar 16 (SW) - Spanish champions Barcelona claim that Arsenal’s French striker Thierry Henry has committed to a 'verbal agreement’ with the Catalan giants.

Sources within the organization claim that the French international has agreed to sign in the summer in a deal reportedly worth £140,000 a week.
Barcelona are refusing to make an official comment, but the Spanish press are reporting that Henry would come to the Nou Camp for only £10million. FIFA rules, and the fact that Henry is in the last year of his contract with Arsenal, would prevent the north London club from asking for a larger sum.

A club source said: "Signing Henry has always been the club's highest priority because it will have a knock-on effect on the remaining money available to Frank Rijkaard this summer.

"Rijkaard and his coaching staff are already working on a system for next season that will integrate Henry quickly and allow him to adapt as soon as possible to playing alongside Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o."

found the article http://www.soccerway.com/news/2006/march/16/barcelona-henry-joining-ronaldinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)