Moggi working on a blockbuster deal (50m €+ to spend) (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cassano still struggling for Real
Monday 17 April, 2006
Antonio Cassano’s troubled stint at Real Madrid continues after he was given only five minutes to impress at the weekend.

The Italian starlet joined the Spanish giants in January with the intention of breaking into Marcello Lippi’s World Cup squad.

But Cassano has scored just twice since signing after rarely being thrown into the deep end by the capital outfit.

His frustration continued in the club’s latest game when Cassano was brought on in the 85th minute of the 1-1 away draw with Getafe.

Cassano, who left Roma in the New Year after the two parties failed to resolve a contract dispute, is now unlikely to make the Germany ’06 squad.

However, there are suggestions that Lippi may select him for his two-day training session at the start of May just to get an indication of his form.

Cassano’s lack of use at Real has also led to rumours that he could be sold back to a Serie A club in the summer, with Inter and Juventus keen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this feeling that this kiddo will be heading towards us.....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
baggio said:
Rosciky has his limitations if we're contemplating fitting him with the current coach's tactics. He's not got the right frame or Nedved's speed to consolidate that situation. He just has a good first touch and an eye for goal, something we all know Don Fabio is not looking for.

Whichever way one looks at the midfield situation, I think only one man would solve the problem irrespective of any other variables. And that man is Juan Roman Riquelme. Inch perfect ground passes is all Trezeguet needs to put the ball in the net. And if he and not Zlatan is fed with the kind of regularity Riquelme puts balls through, this unit will be unstoppable, Capello or no Capello.
:p you dont know nothing about capello, he will find a way to make even riquelme-trez to look very desperate.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
hambon said:
Watching Lyon this season has been very Entertaining. They have been overall a great passing team with clinical finishing (seems like everyone can shoot). They have young potential in all positions (cris,cleric,malouda,diarra,juninho,etc) Also they have really raised the standard of French football by thier great display in the CL....

Personally speaking, we should really invest our money and time to grab there players while there still young and fresh...

Out of our current squad of has beens and old timers i would keep the following outstanding players this season : Zambrotta, Buffon, Canna, Kovac, Puma, Ibra,DP,Giannidecha, And mabey trez. The rest should be sold while there price is still a bit up there.....to be honest buying out Lyon "As Is" including Coaches and waterboys would really secure us CL's for the next few years along with scudettos. With out forgetting great football which has been diminished at the old lady for these past few years....Moggi if your out there look into the Lyon players. they are the future my friend... :agree:
first juninho IS not a young potential player, his born 1975 january and his 31 years old. for me, thats not young at all. cris is 29, not that young either, though his a defender.
secondly, imo looking lyon this season with houllier and last season with le guen its like a day and a night. Lyon played better under le guen imo, in europe. i wasnt impressed with lyon against milan, many sayd what a big game and etc but imo both games where booring, something was missing from lyon, mabey a good striker, because carew is avarage and wiltord needs more support but carew isnt very good with that either. So juninho is very important player for them, but for juve, no. the only player who i actually would welcome is Sidney Govou. Though we dont need him either.

so basicly italian league might not even fit to those lyon players and they are a bit overrated. we do need some new players, a playmaker, but in the end, the moust important thing is still tactics and formations, we can get someone good but if cap doesnt change his tactics, nothing will help/change.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i saw from tv a manutd show and the guys there seemed not to be pleased c ronaldo performances and they also mentioned buying riquelme there. if ronaldo really is gona departure manu i see moggi making the move. like viera last season, the club didnt want/need/like the player anymore. though ronaldo is young and many teams would want him probably. though i would prefer a natural playmaker, not someone who plays one day as a wingback, next day as a leftwinger and etc.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
i saw from tv a manutd show and the guys there seemed not to be pleased c ronaldo performances and they also mentioned buying riquelme there. if ronaldo really is gona departure manu i see moggi making the move. like viera last season, the club didnt want/need/like the player anymore. though ronaldo is young and many teams would want him probably. though i would prefer a natural playmaker, not someone who plays one day as a wingback, next day as a leftwinger and etc.
I would like Riquelme and not that little arrogant,for no reason dribbler,C Ronaldo!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Espectro said:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... please Mark, use your new powers so this dont happend again!!!

:D
Rest assured no Cassano threads will survive if they were opened.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #916
    I'll have to live with it but that thread will last about a year when he's booted out of Turin by angry fans with his poor performance and childish behaviour. :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I actually think It's not needed to open any thread about any transf player that may join. We can talk about them all here. It's much better IMO.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    I actually think It's not needed to open any thread about any transf player that may join. We can talk about them all here. It's much better IMO.
    This is what's being done, it keeps the place much neater, right?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Disagree Azzurri, Mark's new thread was a great idea. It's meant to keep everyone from creating all those " I want Aimar, I want Riquelme, I want Nesta" threads.

Bring the Transfer section back to it's former glory :D.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)