Moggi working on a blockbuster deal (50m €+ to spend) (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I hope we're not going for such a move...Not that Drogba is bad or something but you we already have a finisher and thats Trezeguet...Ibra out and one of Cassano or Robben in.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I sure would hate for Juve to give up on Zlatan. Its not as if a "sophomore slump" is something that is totally uncommon in the world of football. He's still only 24 years old. There are still plenty of other sellable assets on this team,such as the ENTIRE STARTING MIDFIELD, for instance. Reputation and name recognition still go a long way, and each of the starting 4 are well known around the world.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sergio said:
I sure would hate for Juve to give up on Zlatan. Its not as if a "sophomore slump" is something that is totally uncommon in the world of football. He's still only 24 years old. There are still plenty of other sellable assets on this team,such as the ENTIRE STARTING MIDFIELD, for instance. Reputation and name recognition still go a long way, and each of the starting 4 are well known around the world.

It's not like the first time we'll be selling a young player, Serg. I actually believe Zlatan is a bit too over-rated and from the cash that Chelsea is willing to pay why not accept it and bring some fresh young players who are willing to give more than Zlatan. As I said before, Zidane wasn't old also when we sold him, hell, he even took the golden ball and still we decided to let him go, but look what we got in return... Buffon....best goalkeeper atm.....Nedved...Golden ball winner(not to forget under lippi how he shined)....Thuram....Solid defender and great one. not to forget aswell winning the scud after bringing them and reaching Champions League final.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Azzurri7 said:
It's not like the first time we'll be selling a young player, Serg. I actually believe Zlatan is a bit too over-rated and from the cash that Chelsea is willing to pay why not accept it and bring some fresh young players who are willing to give more than Zlatan. As I said before, Zidane wasn't old also when we sold him, hell, he even took the golden ball and still we decided to let him go, but look what we got in return... Buffon....best goalkeeper atm.....Nedved...Golden ball winner(not to forget under lippi how he shined)....Thuram....Solid defender and great one. not to forget aswell winning the scud after bringing them and reaching Champions League final.
See, here's the difference. Zidane was already a more proven player at the point that he was sold by Juve than Zlatan is now, and therefore, Juve was able to get a larger return. Also, Zidane wanted to leave, and I haven't heard anyhting from Zlatan saying that he wants to leave as well.

Also, Rab. Deals like that, where Juve used the money they got from Zidane and in turn bought Nedved, Thuram, And Buffon, are usually the exception, not the norm. IF, by any chance, they were to get similar value for Zlatan, then as much as I would hate to say it, I would like to see him sold. However, if they turn around and get 29 year old midfielders and defenders, and don't turn that money into getting young starlets in return, well, I'mma be pissed off, I tell ya.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
I hope we're not going for such a move...Not that Drogba is bad or something but you we already have a finisher and thats Trezeguet...Ibra out and one of Cassano or Robben in.
you think drogba is also a finisher? imo crespo is chelseas best and actually only finisher. drogba is just a player whos messing around and gives some headaches to defenders, but i wouldnt want him to juve for sure. why and where he would play? why we would need him, instead play mutu upfront with trez or get cassano.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sergio said:
See, here's the difference. Zidane was already a more proven player at the point that he was sold by Juve than Zlatan is now, and therefore, Juve was able to get a larger return. Also, Zidane wanted to leave, and I haven't heard anyhting from Zlatan saying that he wants to leave as well.

Fair enough...

But It's not like you're gonna wait till you hear from Ibra saying "I'm not happy or I wanna leave" this might not happen...and a club such as Juve shouldn't wait to sell a player based on their happiness. But again you have a good point that we waited till Zidane was a great player then we got in return alot, the thing is that I'm afraid If we keep Zlatan more his value will decrease.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stephan said:
you think drogba is also a finisher? imo crespo is chelseas best and actually only finisher. drogba is just a player whos messing around and gives some headaches to defenders, but i wouldnt want him to juve for sure. why and where he would play? why we would need him, instead play mutu upfront with trez or get cassano.

Indeed. He's not that needed...but the thing is that why would Juve go to a move where to sell Ibra and get finisher when we already have....when infact we could get a better forward than Drogba that can do more than finishing.

I wouldn't mind to see this....

-------Dp---------
Trez-----Cassano

or

---Rosicky/Mutu.....
Trez-----Dp

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
the problem with zlatan is the manager here. cap should bench him if his not in form so ibra would start to prove why he should be a starting player, the age doesnt matter here at all, some fans say that if his not starting now, how his gona be a good player. but if you start it doesnt matter you will be a better player later, coach has a big role in player progress and cap is not helping ibra imo.

And thats the problem, we sell him to i dont know chelsea or real and he might start playing better because those teams(ok forget real) might have some variaty and competition who starts. but cap just starts and starts with ibra and nothing will change. if cap stays ibra might be the same player like this season and no progress.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #852
    Did I just read Cassano in your lineup Zurri?

Checking mod option...ban user...:p

If we need a guy that finishes it's RVN. The thing is that we'll have to sell Trez or Ibra. I wouldn't sell Zlatan right away.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    mark77 said:
    Did I just read Cassano in your lineup Zurri?

Checking mod option...ban user...:p

If we need a guy that finishes it's RVN. The thing is that we'll have to sell Trez or Ibra. I wouldn't sell Zlatan right away.

hehehe:D

As much as I do not like cassano and can't stand him yet I think he can do better in Zlatan's position. Why would we need a finisher mark??? I don't think we'll be getting rid of Trezeguet to get Ruud. Plus, we'll look even worse to play with Ruud and Trezeguet, worlds best finishers but both of them have no idea when it comes to control or dribble or how to act...their only job is to finish the ball or head it. thats all.

My first option would be to get Robben from Chelsea, as far as I know mourinho will not need his services after Ballack will sign and couple of other players. So why not get him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Stephan said:
    the problem with zlatan is the manager here. cap should bench him if his not in form so ibra would start to prove why he should be a starting player, the age doesnt matter here at all, some fans say that if his not starting now, how his gona be a good player. but if you start it doesnt matter you will be a better player later, coach has a big role in player progress and cap is not helping ibra imo.

Thats the biggest problem with Zlatan and you said it, It's Capello. But lets face it, we all know Capello will never bench Zlatan and he'll probably take Zlatan wherever he'll be going just like he did with panucci,puma,zebina etc....so the best thing capello can do for us is leaving and taking Zlatan with him.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    selling zlatan would be a mistake imo.the way id like it to work is if we're guaranteed cassano.if we get cassano,then zlatan can leave.but in all fairness,calling for his head after one bad season isnt justified.its not that he hasnt done any good for us at all.he was great during his first,and he had a slump in the next one.he deserves one more season atleast.im positive that he does have the potential to be the best in the world,wether or not he actualizes his potential is another matter.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    I think that it is right moment to sell Ibrahimovic,especially now when we have some offers.
    If he continues to play like this ,his value would only go lower,and the interests won't be existing anymore.
    Imagine that he signs a new contract with us,and continues to play crappy...in that case ,we can't sell him and we'll be paying him much more money than we are paying him now.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Ibra has played like shit all season, but I think yesterday he showed that he still has talent, it's just misused.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)