Moggi working on a blockbuster deal (50m €+ to spend) (124 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
joe5 said:
I think also that if Gallas dont come to Juve it's good to take Diarra in his place. He is the most important player for Lyon in defence and he is only 24 years old contrary toGallas who is 29.
Isn't Diarra a midfielder?
He plays in that position for France.

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
If Stevie G were to come then there would be absolutely no point in playin a 4-4-2formation, but we could play a kind of 4-3-3 looking like this.

------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------
Zambro---------Gallas/Thuram------Canna/Barzagli----------Chiellini/Balza

----------------Emerson------------------------------------Vieira----------------

-----------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Nedved/DP-------------------------------------

--------------------Trez---------------------------------Ibra-------------------------------

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
juventino19 said:
If Stevie G were to come then there would be absolutely no point in playin a 4-4-2formation, but we could play a kind of 4-3-3 looking like this.

------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------

----------------Emerson------------------------------------Vieira----------------

-----------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Nedved/DP-------------------------------------

--------------------Trez---------------------------------Ibra-------------------------------
Interesting indeed :D

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #248

Gerrard: Yes to Juve.

Liverpool's captain tempted by the Bianconeri's offer.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I'm gonna stick to my previous comments on the subject of Steven Gerrard.
    He's not needed by us and I find him to be slightly overrated.

Salkcin

Mar 22, 2006
    juventino19 said:

:disagree: Where's the wingers?
    Emerson, Gerrard and Viera are all central midfielders and all of them are used to work their ass'es of and being the central point of the midfield. Those players won't be in form unless they have space for their style of play and with 3 of them I see conflicts....

If the opponents defence only have to concentrate about the central it would be to easy. With world class wingers and strikers it would take a very organized 4-player defence not to leave a opening for a scoring chance.
    With that formation Nedved/DP would have to do magic in every game for the team to score against good defences.

Though I agree. What's up with no attacking midfielder behind the strikers in the current Juventus formation? 1 defensive midfielder have always been enough - why both Emerson and Viera..

But hard to say that Capello's formation is shit... Juventus win almost every game.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Gerrard is a great player one of the best midfielders in the world. But I don`t see the need for him unless one of Emerson or Vieira is leaving or we play the 4-3-3
    So I see the Gerrard thing as a smokescreen!
    Who would be getting instead that remains the question

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    mark77 said:
    My take on this:

Safe:Buffon, Chiellini, Vieira, Kovac, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Nedved(if Juve don't win the CL), Balzaretti, Teezeguet, Mutu, Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro.

Doubtful: : Birindelli(to replace Pessotto), Bonnefoi(good enough backup?), Giannichedda.

Leaving: Pessotto(retirement), Criscito(loan), Camoranesi(relationship with Capello), Blasi, Olivera(replaced with Marchionni), Zalayeta(time is up), Zebina, Abbiati(return to Milan).

This means we need to find a starting Right Midefielder; C. Ronaldo?, Mancini?, Joaquin?,
    a backup defensive midfielder; C. Zanetti,
    a 4th striker; Suazo? D. Milito?, Vucinic?
    a starting Right Back; Oddo? Zaccardo? Ujfalusi?(can't cross but good defensively) Alves? Nelson?(too young) Salgado?(nah),
    a backup keeper; Antonioli.(I would go for Landreau but he's too good for backup, same as Amelia),
    a CB to replace the aging D we have; Barzagli?, Pablo?, Felipe? Gallas?, Kompany? Chivu? or less known players like G. Milito and Tomas Hubchman. Alex, Senderos, Lugano, R. Carvalho and Perea caught my eye too.
    In the case Pavel leaves(nooooooo); Vicente, D. Carvalho, Robben (yeah right), Malouda, Ribéry, Palacio, Yeste.

In conclusion, is Gerrard/Lampard really needed at Juve? By my reasoning NO. So this means Moggi will buy one of them. :p
    Of course they would be needed here, we need a mid that can score from anywhere. In both cases(4-4-2, 4-3-3) I think the odd man out is Camoranesi in the eventual arrival of C. Ronaldo or Gerrard/Lampard.
    From the list I would like: Barzagli,Zaccardo,Gallas,Carvalho(just in dreams) Mancini and Palacio.
    Please no Vucinic and C Ronaldo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)