Moggi: We did not want Cassano but we wanted Mancini (8 Viewers)

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
"There was an agreement in place regarding a double swap deal but the whole thing collapsed about a month ago." [/QUOTE]

Maybe a stupid question, but does somebody know which players Moggi means. There could be a lot of answers but does somebody know the right one?

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Moggi's main priority was holding on to Chiellini and Mutu first. This just goes to prove that he's an admirer of the two. Cassano and Mancini were priorites on Capello's list moreso than Moggi's.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
At the end of the day, Mancini and Cassano are both players we could've easily done without.

We did not go for a central/left sided attacking midfielder that we needed, Moggi can only hope this doesn't come back to bite us all in the ass.Nevertheless I'm glad we didn't get him, go Luciano.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Yes Desmond, that's true. Chiellini proves that he's is a great talent and to sell him would be a wrong mistake. Mutu also did a good job in the pre-season and he can play both in the midfield and attack, which is a must if nedved gets an injury. Cassano should be a very good signing but if you look to our team we simply don't need him. A attack of Ibrahimovic-Cassano don't work because both men are creators. We need a Trezeguet who can score easily. And to play with three attackers is a big step. Mancini is a good player but if he went to Juve he become a bench player. Maybe because Capello knows him from 2 years ago he prefers Mancini above Camoranesi and therefore Camoranesi become a benchplayer. I could be wrong but if that happen Camoranesi go to another club and that would be a very big lose. The thing what Juve needed this year was a worldclass rightback and some central defenders. They bought Kovac, who is in my eyes not good enough for us. Also they bought Gladston but he must prove himself, the guy is just 20. Now with Birindelli's injury and Pessotto as the only back-up (not to mention Zebina in the starting formation) the right back position is again our weakest spot. I'm very dissapointed with that.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Yes, right back is very dodgy indeed, no idea why we didn't go for Salgado on loan or last min bid for Oddo... It would improved our defense so much.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Salgado isn't that much better then Zebina to begin with, and Oddo is way too attacking considering Camoranesi is our right winger.

And don't ever believe what Moggi says, I'm sure he will try to sign Cassano for free next year. Maybe even for a small sum in the winter break.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
i think oddo was the man that w needed really to replace our last point of weakness(zebina).
in the midfield mutu can replace either nedved or camo.
i think nedved skill has decreased because of the position where he plays,lippi used him as a playmaker behind the two forwards and in this position he had given his best performance.

OP
lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #31
    Oddo could´ve been the man...I think rambo can cover rb as lb...they say maxwell is joining us and maybe bonera

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Mancini:
    would have been good to get but as a right back i think he would not have suited the team unless camoranesi suddenly lossed form and capello changed formation to 3 centre backs.

Nedved:
    Using him off the bench along with del piero seems like the logical thing to do. Nedved is powerful and if used for one half, he'll produce all his might and power and be a super sub. He is retiring in 2006, so yes, this is his last season. His replacement may be Zambrotta as Chiellini and Balzaretti have joined the club. OR, maybe its time to play with a playmaker in a 4-3-1-2 formation. There options IMO.

Oddo: The most logical signing if Capello was to play with a playmaker in the team. However, I think he likes Zebina as he can play in a 3 man defence as well.

OP
    lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #38
    Juventus director Antonio Giraudo has revealed AS Roma offered them striker Antonio Cassano in the summer.
    He said: "We asked Roma for Mancini, but they explained to us that he was not for sale.

"Roma then has proposed to us Cassano, but we do not have space for him and we could not make the deal happen."

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
    maybe of topic...but would you choose mancini or oddo?
    Mancini every day of the week, twice during the weekend, and three times on major holidays, except Easter. I'd take the Easter Bunny that day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)