Moggi: We did not want Cassano but we wanted Mancini (1 Viewer)

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Juventus insist they were never interested in signing AS Roma striker Antonio Cassano before Wednesday's transfer deadline.
Some were expecting transfer guru Luciano Moggi to make a late swoop, yet the club official maintains that was never going to happen.

"It was a transfer invented by journalists," Moggi told Sky Italia microphones. "We have always said that he is a good player but we already have great champions in attack.

"You kept on reporting that Juventus and Roma were in talks for Cassano even though I stated on numerous occasions that he was of no interest to us."

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has admitted he wanted to sign AS Roma wing-back Mancini on Wednesday.
"Mancini is staying in Rome because the club decided to keep hold of him," said Moggi.

"We have absolutely no intention of damaging our good relationship with the Sensi family. We don't negotiate with players but with their clubs.

"There was an agreement in place regarding a double swap deal but the whole thing collapsed about a month ago."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We could have used Mancini this season, either as a sub for Camoranesi or used in place of Nedved on the left flank. Our bench has no attacking midfield options and if something happens to Camo we're fooked.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I do. Nedved's level of performance has been decreasing for a while now IMHO whereas Camoranesi was one of our best players last season and continues to be our only creative outlet in midfield. If I had to choose between Camo and Neddy I think I'd have to go with the former.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
I guess we will be really active in the transfer market next season, considering the no. of ageing players in our squad. Probably, we will acquire some rising stars in WC06...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i agree with nedved11.we might have a pretty active time in the transfer market next year unlike this year.i dont know if this will be nedved's last season with us,but hey signed a contract extension some time back.so maybe he will end his career with us,whenever that may be.the same probably goes for thuram too.
some players like rosciky might come to juventus next season,but im not too hopeful of him becasue capello would probably go out for another defensive midfielder.i would personally like xabi alonso with us some time in the future.he's young,he's massivley talented,he's creative and plus,he can do the defensive job in midfield too which capello SO wants in his players.i hope he has a pathetic season at liverpool so they end up wanting to sell him and we beat madrid for his signature the way we did with viera:D
i still dont have any idea of who will replace nedved on the left flank.
can rosicky play there?there's only one name that comes to my mind when i think of left wingers and that's arjen robben,and he probably wont play for us until we have capello.and he'll be too darn expensive anyway.

coming back to the topic.
moggi is a lying prick.
he DID want cassano this year,and so did capello,the only reason why he's not with us is because Roma did not agree to the deal.They probably wanted some players that Moggi was not willing to let go,and then again,the sum to be paid by juventus
might have also caused disagreements too.Had the transfer embargo been lifted earlier,cassano might have been here as moggi wud have probably gotten to work earlier.
saying that "we dont want cassano" is pure bullshit.he's probably trying to cover up his failure,and yes,for once i do belive he failed to sign a player that he wanted.

anyway.no cassano this year.
hopefully,he'll be over here next season.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
i agree with nedved11.we might have a pretty active time in the transfer market next year unlike this year.i dont know if this will be nedved's last season with us,but hey signed a contract extension some time back.so maybe he will end his career with us,whenever that may be.the same probably goes for thuram too.
some players like rosciky might come to juventus next season,but im not too hopeful of him becasue capello would probably go out for another defensive midfielder.i would personally like xabi alonso with us some time in the future.he's young,he's massivley talented,he's creative and plus,he can do the defensive job in midfield too which capello SO wants in his players.i hope he has a pathetic season at liverpool so they end up wanting to sell him and we beat madrid for his signature the way we did with viera:D
i still dont have any idea of who will replace nedved on the left flank.
can rosicky play there?there's only one name that comes to my mind when i think of left wingers and that's arjen robben,and he probably wont play for us until we have capello.and he'll be too darn expensive anyway.

coming back to the topic.
moggi is a lying prick.
he DID want cassano this year,and so did capello,the only reason why he's not with us is because Roma did not agree to the deal.They probably wanted some players that Moggi was not willing to let go,and then again,the sum to be paid by juventus
might have also caused disagreements too.Had the transfer embargo been lifted earlier,cassano might have been here as moggi wud have probably gotten to work earlier.
saying that "we dont want cassano" is pure bullshit.he's probably trying to cover up his failure,and yes,for once i do belive he failed to sign a player that he wanted.

anyway.no cassano this year.
hopefully,he'll be over here next season.
Yes...the fighting spirit is still there for Nedved, but true that he doesn't shine as much as two seasons ago...
We may not be finding replacements for Nedved or Thuram, but at least some quality back-ups.

After hearing what Moggi said (lie), I just wonder how bad and frustrated do DP, Mutu and Camo feel! Moggi doesn't trust them, yet never admit it...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i think capello doesnt trust them.
moggi probably does.
that is why the cassano deal might not have been finalised.
roma wanted mutu,and moggi probably didnt want to let him go which was the basic hurdle between the two parties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)