Moggi On Del Piero: sometimes, moggi happens to say the truth! (2 Viewers)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
"Chi criticava Del Piero ora si deve ricredere. Chi aveva detto che era un campione finito deve stare zitto. Del Piero è un campione che aveva l'orgoglio di ritrovare se stesso, ed è anche un patrimonio del calcio italiano. Quando si è fatto male Trezeguet qualcuno ci invitava a ritornare sul mercato perché Del Piero era caduto nel dimenticatoio. Per fortuna non abbiamo dato retta a nessuno. Qualche volta sbagliamo, ma con Del Piero capita difficilmente". LUCIANO MOGGI TO "LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT"

TRANSLATION

Whoever used to be Del Piero's critic must now believe in him again. Whoever said he was finished as a champion must now shut up. Del Piero is a champion who's had the pride to find himself back, he is even very important for the italian soccer. When Trezeguet got injured, some suggested that we look for another striker, thus proving oblivious of Del Piero's value. Fortunately, we didn't give anyone credit. We happen to be wrong sometimes, but it's hardly possible to fail when it comes to Del Piero.

I have no comment on this, but I'd be curious to read yours.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I'm still a Del Piero critic. I still have my doubts about him being a champion.
He has scored three goals in two games, that is great but it is not like he has been playing fantastic. And most important it takes more than two games to become a champion.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Agreed, I hope nobody's jumping the gun with this. At least he's on the rise though. Let's hope he keeps it up

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Not to forget, the game against Bayern was not exactly something for the historybooks. In my opinion the Del Piero we have seen the latest games is far from Del Piero anno 97/98.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
I'm still a Del Piero critic. I still have my doubts about him being a champion.
He has scored three goals in two games, that is great but it is not like he has been playing fantastic. And most important it takes more than two games to become a champion.
For god sake stop it , keep ur critics on some one else not Dp... it aint cool

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
If Del Piero is able to maintain his form like wad he did against Roma for the rest of the season, I will be happy.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Zambrotta is right, Delpiero is one of my favorites but lets be realistic, yes del piero is improving and im happy for this, but he is still far from what he is known to be.....

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    FFS What are you asking from DP? Score? Provide assists? Do you want spectacular moves?
    I know he hasn't fully recovered yet, but he scored 4 goals and provided one assist in only five league games...need I say more?
    Furthermore, Moggi never speaks without pondering his words so I believe that nobody should dare to doubt the fact DP is a champion and a living legend. He has played in different Juves, alongside Ravanelli, Vialli, Inzaghi, Trezguet, Baggio, Zidane, Nedved ...All these are gone or will go. The only name that will be truly remembered is Del Piero...He'll make sure it is, believe me.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    he's only not good enough if you expect him to be better.he will never be the del piero he once was,he's playing well now and that's all i'm asking for.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Exactly. I don't like to think of him as "the best player in the world 7 years ago". Instead, just think of him as any normal player. If he keeps playing well, then to me he'll be a useful player to have on the team, not someone I hope will go on to be the best in the world again.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++
    FFS What are you asking from DP? Score? Provide assists? Do you want spectacular moves?
    I know he hasn't fully recovered yet, but he scored 4 goals and provided one assist in only five league games...need I say more?
    ofcourse the criticizers don't expect more than that.but this doesn't mean that "ok he is back to his form he is the best player now" me and all other critcizers wish him back to his best.or stay in this form.but not like he used to be the last 3 or 4 years.but this season so far he done great job :)

For god sake stop it , keep ur critics on some one else not Dp... it aint cool
    :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I haven't really been DP critic, but I am not a fan of his either.

He scores goals- great, if it helps us win.

He doesn't score goals- step down and let others do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)