Moggi Loses It! (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++

We don't need Cavenaghi. Sure,he would be a good acquisition,but we already have Miccoli and Mutu coming in.

As for Mexes,yea,him + Chivu/Marquez wouldn't be too bad.
I never saw Miccoli playing, but i'm sure Cavenaghi is better than him. and I think he is better than Mutu too.

Miccoli? :rolleyes: he didn't prove anything yet. he is not a star.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++

I never saw Miccoli playing, but i'm sure Cavenaghi is better than him. and I think he is better than Mutu too.

Miccoli? :rolleyes: he didn't prove anything yet. he is not a star.
Miccolli looks a good talent but we must all remember that of all the hype he has only scored 5 goals in a team where he is the shining light and if he does come to Juve, it will be more difficult for him except he is as good as the hype of cos

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
    I think Puyol should be added to the squad. I see him as the younger version of Paulo Montero.
    :groan:

Oded, remember the prase 'stars don't make juve, juve make stars' Miccoli will become a star at Juve, in the same way Camo is becoming one this year!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    i would definitly agree with tom over here!!!

Oded miccoli would be my choice over Cavenaghi any day of the week!!!

not coz he is better or anything as i do not want to compare them to each other coz i have not seen Cavenaghi in action yet!!!

but i saw miccoli and he is damn good!!! very talented, very fast and a reliable player!!!! isn't it enough that in less than a season he has done enough impact to join the italian international team!!! and the goal scored against portugal in his first international cap was the result of his long range effort!!!

Miccoli may not be a star right now!!! but he is a damn good talent and he is young!!!!
    and i personaly believe that he would be the perfect replacement for DP in 4 years from now!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

:groan:

Oded, remember the prase 'stars don't make juve, juve make stars' Miccoli will become a star at Juve, in the same way Camo is becoming one this year!
    Good :) because I can be a star too :D

I never saw this guy playing, but he sounds good... still I have no idea about him.

KeNgO, it's guaranteed, Cavenaghi is damn good! very good for us.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
    but i saw miccoli and he is damn good!!! very talented, very fast and a reliable player!!!! isn't it enough that in less than a season he has done enough impact to join the italian international team!!! and the goal scored against portugal in his first international cap was the result of his long range effort!!!
    He sure had a good game against Portugal, but he only made an assist to Corradi's goal that brought the victory to Italy :)

I would rate him more than Cavenaghi as well, although I must say that I didn't see the young argentinian more than one time :angel: But I have the feeling that he doesn't posses the speed and the good dribbling skills like Miccoli Piccoli :D

So far Piccoli scored 6 goals and made 5 assists in Seria A and has scored 5 times in Coppa Italia. The rest: http://www.planetfootball.com/playe...132&cpid=21&Title=Fabrizio+Miccoli+OPTA+Stats

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I've seen both Cavinaghi and Miccoli play.

Miccoli is better and more complete than Cavinaghi.

not only that, but Miccoli is:
    Italian, Already owned by Juve, and established in serie A.

you all saw how hard it was for Riquelme to fit in La Liga! serie A would be harder too. Cavinaghi is only 19.
    he would be put next to Olivera in the reserves.

Denco made a good point in saying that Miccoli is making a lot of hype maybe because he's the star of a team like Perugia. though he has only scored 5 goals. so that begs the question of how we would see him when he plays surrounded by stars in juve.

i think he wouldn't be as big though he would be well good enough for the bench (salas's place).

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't actually see him as a big goal scorer, more in the DP typ role, with a lot of creating up-front and passing around, plus getting the ball up-front VERY quickly.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Unfortunately I only saw Cavenaghi once, in River's bad bad loss to Deportivo Cali a few weeks ago. And he was no good at all, missed all his chances and so on. Hope to see him on form sometime.

Same goes for D'Alessandro, he looked extremely ordinary and in no way stood out to me. But then I have seen Veron play for ManU in a preseason friendly looking like Baiocco and then seen him against vs Juve so first impressions are not always great to go by...

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    How rich is River anyway? They make so much money with their talented young stars. Are they the richest club in argentina? But I know, Argentina is in a really really bad economic status recently. We sure could give them help by buying more players from that country.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I think River are in financial shit up to their necks- looking at the fact that the Argies have a not-so-gret economy.

I seriously dont think that owning a football club racks up profits- rather its something of a prestige-thing....

Its very IMHO-ish though...interested to read other's points of view....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Cavanghi isnt needed though. The only river player we need is D'Alessandro.

reasons are that he wouldnt mind being benched at times, as i'm sure he realises he is young and inexperienced at a high level.

Miccoli is more mature and is better suited for juve next season.

Since when is Mutu juves??? we havent bought him as yet have we??

i say we get d'alessandro, if we cant get mutu of course, and we get back maresca, brighi, miccoli and blasi and buy chivu and mexes.

thats three big signings for next season, and with player swapping and selling, the money should not be a problem.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Chivu seems heading to madrid anyway, so there no sense of putting him in any of juve's future plans!!

i do agree about Maresca, D'Ale, Brighi, Miccoli, Mexes, and another top-class-young-defender.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Chivu seems heading to madrid anyway, so there no sense of putting him in any of juve's future plans!!

i do agree about Maresca, D'Ale, Brighi, Miccoli, Mexes, and another top-class-young-defender.
    Okay, sure, we bring in Maresca, D'ale, Brighi, Miccoli, Mexes, and Bonera (for instance), doesn't that seem a bit crowded to you? Who do we off-load?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    in that list, d'ale we wont get. mexes we just might, like bonera.

maresca deserves to come back as does brighi. conte probably wont get to play next season if you ask me.

miccoli will come in, but only if he proves a good enough sub- for one year at least. for those who say he's gonna be a waste of talent??

well playing in 3 competitions next season(hopefully) he should get enough playing time to prove himself, especially if we get injuries like we got this season. its only for a year, and i dont see a problem with that.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    in that list, d'ale we wont get. mexes we just might, like bonera.

maresca deserves to come back as does brighi. conte probably wont get to play next season if you ask me.

miccoli will come in, but only if he proves a good enough sub- for one year at least. for those who say he's gonna be a waste of talent??

well playing in 3 competitions next season(hopefully) he should get enough playing time to prove himself, especially if we get injuries like we got this season. its only for a year, and i dont see a problem with that.
    Still, Zambrotta, Montero, Iuliano, and Tacch will be out of their jobs. Do we keep all of them on the bench?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)