Moggi Loses It! (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well, if we get defenders like Vargas, then we should think twice about seeling montero.

stam is old, and it would be stupid to get him for an already ageing defence.

Zaccardo would be good back up for thuram.

mexes and chivu for central defensive positions, and please dont think that tudor is crap as a central defender. under ancelotti, he was played as CD and he was simply brilliant...its lippis fault he has lossed a little confidence in defence, he rarely plays there anymore.

And Armand for left back......whether we persist with zambro there is a different story....he needs more experience there if he is to be very good and play against CL teams. serie A games and CL games are different things.

thuram/zaccardo/pessotto
tudor/mexes/chivu/ferrara/fresi
armand/zambrotta/pessotto

looks like a good defence to me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
IDIOTS!!! NOBODY TAKES MOGGI'S WORD AS FINAL!!!! WE ALL KNOW THAT!!!

Nobody knows his mind.....what he thinks and plans matters, not what he says....he is DA GURU!!!
A Guru? Perhaps, but he has done some pretty foolish things on the transfer market before...!

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Our defense really does seem to be ageing. We need fresh young blood soon. But note that when these young blood come, we should not remove most of the present players like ferrara, montero, pesotto nor juliano right away. I think it would be wise to let them play together for a couple of games, I think half a season would be helpful the least. By doing this, these young bloods would adapt well to the present defense system of Juve. Rather than bringing in completely new ones, and trashing out the old ones. Its really sad to hear that it is the real situation, they were all good players. But I think it would be helpful if the present players pass on what they have picked up to the new ones, for the good of the club.

My ideal signings: Chivu & Mexes. Definitely not Stam.

Cavenaghi seems promising, any info?

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
I'm guessing you used to play the great Excite Bike on nintendo?

Hehe, I loved that game...a real classic. I'd love to play that again.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
I think juve should buy Legorratiglea(i cant spell his name) ... he is much better than mexes and co .... i saw the match inter against chievo .... he was a wall in front of inter ... he should be a juve player

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
I heard Moggi was planning on signing an established Stopper. Who do you guys think it is? My bet is Vieira. He's always loved Vieira's stlye of play. And I think Vieira will do good in Juve. I sure would love to have Davids, Tacchi & Vieira in rotation for the squad.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Thank you, GonJ! Saves me the efford of coming up with good examples!

++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
I heard Moggi was planning on signing an established Stopper. Who do you guys think it is? My bet is Vieira. He's always loved Vieira's stlye of play. And I think Vieira will do good in Juve. I sure would love to have Davids, Tacchi & Vieira in rotation for the squad.
If we get Vieira, it's likely Davids would leave as part of the deal with Arsenal.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Oh yeah, i forgot that ARSEnal was interested with Davids. So we can forget about getting a player from that team. Baiocco really sucked. I don't know what was on Moggi's mind when he asked for Baiocco's signature.

I think Puyol should be added to the squad. I see him as the younger version of Paulo Montero.

But if we're talking about stoppers, Vieira would really be my best man.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
One word:

Cavenaghi!

it should not be to hard to buy him... let's go for it!

+ Mexes!
We don't need Cavenaghi. Sure,he would be a good acquisition,but we already have Miccoli and Mutu coming in.

As for Mexes,yea,him + Chivu/Marquez wouldn't be too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)