Moggi insists Ibra will stay (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Luciano Moggi has confirmed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not be sold to Real Madrid. "It’s just pub talk," he said. "And if they did ask we’d say, ‘no’."

After a strong start to the season Ibrahimovic is currently struggling for form and has not now scored for over two months, but that has not stopped the speculation that continues to associate the Swede with a possible move to Spain.

Moggi, however, insists that Juventus do not intend to sell any of their leading lights, starting with their highly-prized 22-year-old.

"It’s not true, it’s just pub talk," he said. "And if Real did ask we’d say, ‘no’. We already have the best attack and so we are going to keep hold of who we have got."

The general director also added that he had not fined Ibra for getting sent off against Roma in midweek.

The Scandinavian striker was shown a red card for kicking a ball in frustration at Francesco Totti, but the Bianconeri insist that the referee was wrong to dismiss him.

"Not fining him was not a matter of choice," he explained. "It was a matter of duty. Players are only fined when it is correct to do so."

Moggi also felt it was correct to clear up speculation linking him with a sensational move to Milan.

As well as refuting the likelihood of any imminent move to the San Siro, he also denied that Milan were in such a crisis as to require his services.

"I have not had any approach," he said. "They’re not out of it yet. They obviously have some work to do there but I don’t think Milan need to be rebuilt."

At present it is the Rossoneri’s city rivals, Inter, who are the most obvious threat to Juve retaining their League title.

Eight points currently separate the two sides and all eyes will be on the ‘Derby of Italy’ when they meet on February 12.

"I don’t know whether or not it will be decisive for the title," he said. "Inter are our main rivals at the moment, without question, but I knew that would be the case."

Moggi, though, clearly cannot conceive of Roberto Mancini’s men reining in Juve to win their first title since 1989.

"Inter have the quality to come second and I think they can do it," he continued before dismissing the notion that their run-in is easier than that of the Nerazzurri.

"I don’t like easy matches – just look at our last game against Roma in Turin."

La Vecchia Signora will be looking to bounce back after their Italian Cup disappointment with continued League success at home to unpredictable Udinese on Sunday afternoon. Inter, meanwhile, host Chievo and Milan travel to Lazio for the Sunday evening match. <br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)